Now for something completely different

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Get yourself a recipe for Kedgeree, it has Smoked fish, Hard boiled eggs, Rice, curry powder and a few other things. Pommies in india came up with the recipe and used to have it for breakfast but it is a good evening meal. We have it now and again.

Never thought of that, will knock some up. Thank you.

Something different to get away from the pandemic stuff..The new Batemans Bay bridge (Princes Hwy.)   The Clyde River cruise boat can now fit underneath instead of opening the old bridge. Yachts get under too.

192086142_10160423718188532_5886076511113065506_n.jpg

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Something different to get away from the pandemic stuff..The new Batemans Bay bridge (Princes Hwy.)   The Clyde River cruise boat can now fit underneath instead of opening the old bridge. Yachts get under too.

192086142_10160423718188532_5886076511113065506_n.jpg

Have you been for a cruise under new bridge?

Nice photo Les.

In 1 week we will be on the ferry to start our road trip. Woo hoo a whole hour and 35 minutes of sea cruise 🙂. We do have concerns about the wildfires, it doesn't matter what route we take the fires are close. It looks like we may get some rain in the fire areas so that may help. We have the one overnight in Kamloops on the way, that's a bit of a concern with so many evacuation orders, hotel rooms will be scarce. We have a reservation and will call to confirm in advance. I think that once we are through the fire zone we should be okay. I really haven't heard much about the smoke from our fires drifting to the Rockies.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Nice photo Les.

In 1 week we will be on the ferry to start our road trip. Woo hoo a whole hour and 35 minutes of sea cruise 🙂. We do have concerns about the wildfires, it doesn't matter what route we take the fires are close. It looks like we may get some rain in the fire areas so that may help. We have the one overnight in Kamloops on the way, that's a bit of a concern with so many evacuation orders, hotel rooms will be scarce. We have a reservation and will call to confirm in advance. I think that once we are through the fire zone we should be okay. I really haven't heard much about the smoke from our fires drifting to the Rockies.

Enjoy your ferry and road trip.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Have you been for a cruise under new bridge?

I have and no tipping. 3 hour Fish and Chip cruise, Batemans Bay to Nelligen and back. Highly recommended for those visiting this area, when you can. Mr Walker did it I think.

th.jpg.ec7de9a1297e93895033bdaf904f7884.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

I have to say this..Disgraceful were the scenes in Sydney and Melbourne yesterday, civil disobedience and anarchy on the streets.  The police involved are to be commended for their handling of it.  👮‍♂️👮‍♀️

Incidents like this just push the lockdown out further and increase the Covid infection potential.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I have to say this..Disgraceful were the scenes in Sydney and Melbourne yesterday, civil disobedience and anarchy on the streets.  The police involved are to be commended for their handling of it.  👮‍♂️👮‍♀️

Incidents like this just push the lockdown out further and increase the Covid infection potential.

The protest in Melbourne was disgraceful - mainly no masks, flares being thrown, some took their children and then complained loudly that the kids had pepper spray in their eyes. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, possum52 said:

The protest in Melbourne was disgraceful - mainly no masks, flares being thrown, some took their children and then complained loudly that the kids had pepper spray in their eyes. 

The parents using their children as human shields is a disgrace. They knew the police were going to do everything to disperse them as the protest was a super spreader event in the middle of rising positive cases.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Was it a protest about the Commisioner's pay rise?😉

Police in Sydney did a great job. Perhaps Melbourne police could use it as an example of crowd control. Easier job for police if the crowd can't get there. Time for the water cannon to be brought back as some look like they need a wash.👃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I have and no tipping. 3 hour Fish and Chip cruise, Batemans Bay to Nelligen and back. Highly recommended for those visiting this area, when you can. Mr Walker did it I think.

th.jpg.ec7de9a1297e93895033bdaf904f7884.jpg

We did it. It was a lovely little cruise, and the fish and chips were excellent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Nice photo Les.

Have a great trip, Lyle. I hope you get through the fire zone without getting smoked.

They are doing hazard reduction burns locally so there is a lot of smoke around our place at the moment. Yuck!

30 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

The parents using their children as human shields is a disgrace. They knew the police were going to do everything to disperse them as the protest was a super spreader event in the middle of rising positive cases.

Yes, a complete disgrace. People likevrgay should be allowed to bring up children. They should be charged for endangering the kids.

26 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Police in Sydney did a great job. Perhaps Melbourne police could use it as an example of crowd control. Easier job for police if the crowd can't get there. Time for the water cannon to be brought back as some look like they need a wash.👃

It's a bit easier to block access roads in Sydney, the harbour provides natural channelling of roads. It would be very difficult in Melbourne.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Have a great trip, Lyle. I hope you get through the fire zone without getting smoked.

They are doing hazard reduction burns locally so there is a lot of smoke around our place at the moment. Yuck!

Got hit by the smoke last night. Only now starting to clear Got the itchy eyes and irritated nose. They say smoke makes you more vulnerable to Covid-19, let's hope we don't get death and infection😔

50 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We did it. It was a lovely little cruise, and the fish and chips were excellent.

Glad you enjoyed it, have done it half a dozen times in my 16 yrs down here. That is right I remember you did it when you were down here a few months ago.  It was still operating until lockdown last week.  But one can still get fish and chips from the boatshed.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Was it a protest about the Commisioner's pay rise?😉

That is not nice !!  Are you referring to Vic or NSW?  Commissioner Fuller from NSW is retiring in April 2022.  One of the Deputies will probably get it.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Yep, and here it is...Ready and waiting for the great unwashed of which species there were many yesterday..RentaCrowd I call 'em.

R.jpg.87c4b6e3180c2eaad8adde43db0e7701.jpg

29 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Got hit by the smoke last night. Only now starting to clear Got the itchy eyes and irritated nose. They say smoke makes you more vulnerable to Covid-19, let's hope we don't get death and infection😔

I got a really bad respiratory inflammation from the 19/20 bushfires, which took months to go away, so I have to be extra careful on smoky days. Stay inside, all windows shut. Just what you want on a lovely warm day!

• Like 2

We had smoke for a few days here, mostly from Washington State although we had some from our own fires on the mainland. The tricky part of the road trip is the first hop, home to Kamloops, all routes transit the fire zone. As it turns out our Nephew's youngest son is turning 6 while we are there, we got some Lego today. Apparently it is a universal kid's gift. We have a vintage ice cream maker that we are going to take with us and leave there. It is an electric model so no need to crank it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

That is not nice !!  Are you referring to Vic or NSW?  Commissioner Fuller from NSW is retiring in April 2022.  One of the Deputies will probably get it.

Yes, Fuller. It's in today's paper. $665,000 after 2.5% rise on top of a $20,000 rise last year.