Now for something completely different

10 hours ago, LincolnLegend said:

But @possum52, wine and cheese belong together, how do you cope!

Just have them separately.

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Shouldn't be too hard to give up cheese. 🙂

I still eat cheese!

51 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I went to Newcastle Private near the John Hunter - first time there.

I've been to Lake Mac before and they're quite good.

Wish you luck with yours.

I was at Newcastle Private earlier last month, then John Hunter itself now looks like Lake Mac, lost could of how many weeks I spent in Hunter Valley Private (4 weeks in one hit) and been in Maitland Private more times than I can count, at one stage Maitland was much smaller and if they needed a bed they’d often pop me in the maternity ward as I was one grumpy old man who didn;t complain about crying babies (music to my ears).

• Like 2

On 7/31/2021 at 10:53 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I definitely do and they are more than happy to jump on the gravy train when Shine waves the flag. And then they'll probably complain bitterly when any payout they get turns out to be a pittance.

Hopefully, they won’t want to take any more cruises - as surely these are the same people at Guest Services within hours of boarding to complain about - cabin location / size / colour / smell or buffet food choice / taste / colour / smell / variety 😆😆 etc.

15 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Hopefully, they won’t want to take any more cruises - as surely these are the same people at Guest Services within hours of boarding to complain about - cabin location / size / colour / smell or buffet food choice / taste / colour / smell / variety 😆😆 etc.

And why aren't there lots of fish/whales/dolphins in the sea? 

And why can't the ship turn a bit so their cabin isn't in the sun or so it gets more sun?

😄😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2021 at 1:19 PM, BRANDEE said:

Shine originally advertised that they were going to sue the cruise line and others responsible.  But Shine was chicken ***** and decided not to go after NSWHealth.  The true culprits in this disaster.

Totally agree with this, but it is what it is. 🤷‍♀️

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And why aren't there lots of fish/whales/dolphins in the sea? 

And why can't the ship turn a bit so their cabin isn't in the sun or so it gets more sun?

😄😄

😂😂 that’s them 👍

10 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Totally agree with this, but it is what it is. 🤷‍♀️

I know some passengers signed up with Shine, thinking they were going after NSWH.  There are some passengers who have lasting aliments and I guess they feel some one has to be accountable.  One family has a little child who got covid and now a year later is still having seizures plus other problems, not sure about medical coverage.  Once NSWH was no longer being part of the law suit, not sure who still is on board. Now this antony johns guy is starting all over about a coverup. Something many of us believed in the first place (not necessarily his version). In the end the lawyers always make out!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NSWP said:

OK cricket lovers, like me, Shane Warne has Covid, iso in ye olde London Town.  I thought that would make your day...like who cares? 

Just on the news, felt off colour, the Cricket Bosses made him have test. He is fully vaccinated, waiting for results of a PCR test 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Just on the news, felt off colour, the Cricket Bosses made him have test. He is fully vaccinated, waiting for results of a PCR test 🤷‍♀️

He is coaching London Spirit a club in the new 'The Hundred' Cricket comp. Not liked by cricket traditionalists.  One hundred balls bowled each innings, 8 teams in the comp.

Warney likes a pie, he will be able to get one in London, that will fix the Covid, quick smart.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

According to the Letters to the Editor in the Sydney Morning Herald RSLs are no longer Rissoles, they are now "the Arr-ey". Typically heard along the lines of "Seeya up the Arr-ey for a cupla schooies".

I thought it was important to pass this on in case Lyle does get to come down here sometime. We couldn't have him using outdated Aussie slang, could we? 😊

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

According to the Letters to the Editor in the Sydney Morning Herald RSLs are no longer Rissoles, they are now "the Arr-ey". Typically heard along the lines of "Seeya up the Arr-ey for a cupla schooies".

I thought it was important to pass this on in case Lyle does get to come down here sometime. We couldn't have him using outdated Aussie slang, could we? 😊

Naaahhh always be the Rissole to me, along with the Workies, the Bowlo and the Rubbity.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Naaahhh always be the Rissole to me, along with the Workies, the Bowlo and the Rubbity.

Agree totally. We do not need to alter Rissole to Arr rey. lol.

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

As a Queenslander I am not familiar with any of these terms - or maybe that is just me. 😁

You have the 'Golfie and the Surfie, work those ones out, lol.

I am heading down to my Golfie for a feed shortly.  Might have a Joe Blake with a glass of red ned, lol.

Edited by NSWP

Just now, NSWP said:

You have the 'Golfie and the Surfie, work those ones out, lol.

I don't know about the 'Golfie and the Surfie' but I have heard the 'Goldie' for the Gold Coast, and the 'Sunny Coast' for the Sunshine Coast. These terms seem to be used mainly by TV reporters who are talking about surf or beach conditions. I don't know anyone who uses them in everyday speech, but once again, that might just be me.😁

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't know about the 'Golfie and the Surfie' but I have heard the 'Goldie' for the Gold Coast, and the 'Sunny Coast' for the Sunshine Coast. These terms seem to be used mainly by TV reporters who are talking about surf or beach conditions. I don't know anyone who uses them in everyday speech, but once again, that might just be me.😁

With all due respect, could be you, Many people even us from NSW use the above.  Now the Golfie is the Golf Club and the Surfie is the Surf Club.  The Goldy and Sunny Coast have some decent surf clubs for a feed and a brown lemonade.  Currumbin Surf Club, Tugun Surf Club, Mooloolaba Surf Club, been there done that.

Do you know what a 'Longy' is?   There endeth todays lesson.😂

Edited by NSWP

Just now, NSWP said:

With all due respect, could be you, Many people even us from NSW use the above.  Now the Golfie is the Golf Club and the Surfie is the Surf Club.  The Goldy and Sunny Coast have some decent surf clubs for a feed and a brown lemonade.  Currumbin Surf Club, Tugun Surf Club, Mooloolaba Surf Club, been there done that.

I accept - it is just me. 😁

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I accept - it is just me. 😁

And a 'Longy' is a 750ml long neck bottle of beer, preferably not Fourex, 😁As opposed to a 'Stubby' which is a 375ml bottle or those 330ml ones the yuppys drink.

Edited by NSWP

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Do you know what a 'Longy' is?   There endeth todays lesson.😂

The Longy is the Longueville Hotel in Lane Cove, the pub across the road from the council building. Good grub there when not in lockdown, especially since its last makeover.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NSWP said:

And a 'Longy' is a 750ml long neck bottle of beer, preferably not Fourex, 😁As opposed to a 'Stubby' which is a 375ml bottle or those 330ml ones the yuppys drink.

Unless you’re in NT when a stubbie is massive (over 2lt in today’s money).