Now for something completely different

7 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Times have certainly changed in the live concert industry😉. If you're curious these are some of the reasons:

Is Live Nation Entertainment's Monopoly Hurting Concert Lovers?

Great article...a monopoly always hurts the consumer.  I usually try to get Broadway tickets by going into the city and buy directly from the playhouse, but that is not always the case.  The added fees put on by "Live Nation/Ticketron" is unbelievable.

19 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Great article...a monopoly always hurts the consumer.  I usually try to get Broadway tickets by going into the city and buy directly from the playhouse, but that is not always the case.  The added fees put on by "Live Nation/Ticketron" is unbelievable.

I always buy my live theatre tickets on Broadway direct from the theatre.  As I attend a lot of theatre and concerts when I'm in Manhattan, I couldn't believe how expensive the tickets were.

When I see specials on line, I take my phone, as I don't have access to a printer, and most theatres honour the on line specials. 

• Like 1

Celebration breakfast this morning, finally after 24 days we have our driveway back. Not exactly a fabulous track but at least passable. I had my normal B52 breakfast but Lynn found the "healthy" section of the menu, Avocado toast and she ordered a poached egg to go with it.

1476118662_avocadotoast.thumb.jpg.874bc246aa4592d4509c9fdecebe3380.jpg

It was good to finally get our water supply line underground and safe from freezing. We finally got our Subaru to the tire shop to have the winter tires installed. And also got the garbage to the waste transfer station. We can put the blue boxes out for the next cycle as well.

Funny how the simple act of driving up to your door makes life better.

• Like 1

That's great news, Lyle. 

Most of us folk down under don't realise the extra efforts you Canadians have to go to preparing for winter. For us it's just a matter of making sure the heater is working, and switching over to a slightly warmer duvet.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's great news, Lyle. 

Most of us folk down under don't realise the extra efforts you Canadians have to go to preparing for winter. For us it's just a matter of making sure the heater is working, and switching over to a slightly warmer duvet.

Mostly the same here in Victoria (on Vancouver Island) Julie we have it pretty mild we have only had 2 very deep snow events here in the 59 years I have live here. We have had a about 4 dumps of snow where we had to have the driveway cleared. We had winter tires put on the Forester as a precaution, the route called "the Malahat" that we need to take to get to anywhere north of us including Parksville requires "winter" rated tires.

I have used chains a couple times, they are a royal pain. the key to success is bungy cords across the outside of the wheel. I used cable chains on my Capri 40 years ago but snow tire technology has really come a long way since then. We have had Nokian tires from Finland on our other vehicles but they are quite noisy so we went with Michelin X Ice this time. We bought tires and wheels so it will just be a matter of swapping them out in the spring.

12 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I used to have chains when we used to take the kids to the snow. Compulsory to carry in the alpine regions.

I only recall using then once or twice. Bad conditions, and not a pleasant way to drive.

Oh yes, those bloody chains were a pain. I used to ski quite a bit in NZ so got quite used to fitting chains on my car.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we had a rather unpleasant event at a restaurant the other day. It seems that some anti mask clown refused to comply with the rules and verbally abused a staff member and apparently spat on her for an extra layer of lame. A few minutes later the staff member suffered a heart attack, she is still in intensive care. I shake my head.

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well we had a rather unpleasant event at a restaurant the other day. It seems that some anti mask clown refused to comply with the rules and verbally abused a staff member and apparently spat on her for an extra layer of lame. A few minutes later the staff member suffered a heart attack, she is still in intensive care. I shake my head.

What a horrible thing to happen Lyle. The poor staff member, I hope she will be ok. And such an ignorant anti masker. 

Leigh

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

OMG! That's terrible. Did they arrest the Covidiot? I hope the staff member recovers OK.

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

OMG! That's terrible. Did they arrest the Covidiot? I hope the staff member recovers OK.

Talking about Covidiots, the Pakistan cricket team is now in Christchurch, A number of them have refused to isolate in their hotel as required. Reportedly 6 have tested positive for coronavirus and are in quarantine.

As a body, the Pakistanis are reluctant to co-operate and claim New Zealand should be welcoming the group and not  subjecting them to the same quarantine requirements as other visitors.  

The NZ Herald has a full report

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/black-caps/123527207/pakistan-great-shoaib-akhtar-warns-new-zealand-cricket-to-behave-yourself-over-tour-threats

Edited by Bowm54

10 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

They did, 3 charges including assault. I think there is an automatic fine as well (only $230.00) for not wearing the mask.

That's great the covidiot was charged Lyle. I read your post to my husband and he asked if the person had been charged with assault.

Leigh

1 hour ago, Bowm54 said:

Talking about Covidiots, the Pakistan cricket team is now in Christchurch, A number of them have refused to isolate in their hotel as required. Reportedly 6 have tested positive for coronavirus and are in quarantine.

As a body, the Pakistanis are reluctant to co-operate and claim New Zealand should be welcoming the group and not  subjecting them to the same quarantine requirements as other visitors.  

The NZ Herald has a full report

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/black-caps/123527207/pakistan-great-shoaib-akhtar-warns-new-zealand-cricket-to-behave-yourself-over-tour-threats

What a self-entitled brat! Especially since six of the team have tested positive. Sorry, mate, the health of NZ residents trumps the temper tantrums of a cricket team anyday. NZ should send them home in disgrace.

Pakistan has had over 386,000 cases of Covid-19, with over 3,000 people testing positive yesterday. Their second wave is still building.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

They did, 3 charges including assault. I think there is an automatic fine as well (only $230.00) for not wearing the mask.

I'm very glad to hear they charged that person with assault. Spitting on someone in these times is definitely assault IMHO.

I'm having a hard time with the whole anti mask thing. I don't like the masks but it's not a big ask is it? We are lucky at my work because we can socially distance and don't have to wear masks. If someone from outside the shop, including our installers comes in they have to wear a mask and if we have to interact with an "outsider" then we wear a mask while interacting with them. We disinfect the control surfaces on the machinery several times a day. These few little things are pretty simple and it means we should be able to continue working.

The new rules require masks while indoors. So now when you eat in at a restaurant you have to wear the mask until you get to your table and any time you leave your table. Some people don't seem to get it.

Edited by Blackduck59