Now for something completely different

2 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

Talking about Covidiots, the Pakistan cricket team is now in Christchurch, A number of them have refused to isolate in their hotel as required. Reportedly 6 have tested positive for coronavirus and are in quarantine.

As a body, the Pakistanis are reluctant to co-operate and claim New Zealand should be welcoming the group and not  subjecting them to the same quarantine requirements as other visitors.  

The NZ Herald has a full report

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/black-caps/123527207/pakistan-great-shoaib-akhtar-warns-new-zealand-cricket-to-behave-yourself-over-tour-threats

These idiots should be deported and barred from ever returning 😡

8 minutes ago, phoenixx said:

These idiots should be deported and barred from ever returning 😡

I support NZ in this dispute. The Pakistani cricketers have already broken the quarantine rules. I feel that the NZ government is being very lenient to allow them to stay. If they break the quarantine one more time, they should be sent home.

• Thanks 1

I don't understand the anti-mask thing either, especially from people who aren't actually required to wear one as a condition of their employment like doctors and nurses are.

Sure, they aren't the most comfortable things to wear but after a while you get used to wearing one. I wore one while shopping at a crowded outlet centre yesterday and after the first ten minutes or so I actually forgot I was wearing it.

People have a choice. Wear a mask and go where you like, or don't wear a mask and either stay home or be restricted as to where you can go and possibly risk a fine if mask wearing is compulsory. However people don't have the right to force their way into places where mask-wearing is required and it's time those self-entitled brats learnt that it's not all about them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I support NZ in this dispute. The Pakistani cricketers have already broken the quarantine rules. I feel that the NZ government is being very lenient to allow them to stay. If they break the quarantine one more time, they should be sent home.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

They should be sent home now. These cricketers from the sub continent have long been revered as gods in their own countries. Well I got news for them, they are not demi gods and cult figures in Australia and New Zealand. The NZ govt has handled this very meekly, weakly would be a better term.

3 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

Talking about Covidiots, the Pakistan cricket team is now in Christchurch, A number of them have refused to isolate in their hotel as required. Reportedly 6 have tested positive for coronavirus and are in quarantine.

As a body, the Pakistanis are reluctant to co-operate and claim New Zealand should be welcoming the group and not  subjecting them to the same quarantine requirements as other visitors.  

The NZ Herald has a full report

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/black-caps/123527207/pakistan-great-shoaib-akhtar-warns-new-zealand-cricket-to-behave-yourself-over-tour-threats

Sadly Pakistan is one of those countries overwhelmed by Covid conspiracy theorists🙄. To believe Covid-19 exists or that it kills people makes you the crazy village idiot. I read one particularly sad story of a man who had lost both his parents to Covid-19 and while shopping people who he had thought were his friends publicly accused him of killing his parents and being paid by the government to pretend that it was Covid-19 😳. People who think conspiracy theories are harmless should take note of countries like Pakistan or Bosnia. It has really brought out some of the worst in humanity😔

Edited by ilikeanswers

And the latest one with video on the news of some very large man sitting on top of some poor Walmart greeter beating on him and kicking him. Turns out the victim was disabled. What a man that anti masker is 🤔. The police went to the assailant's house and arrested him. What on earth is happening. I really think that there needs to be higher fines and severe consequences for these creatures.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

And the latest one with video on the news of some very large man sitting on top of some poor Walmart greeter beating on him and kicking him. Turns out the victim was disabled. What a man that anti masker is 🤔. The police went to the assailant's house and arrested him. What on earth is happening. I really think that there needs to be higher fines and severe consequences for these creatures.

He's not worthy of being called a 'man". Slimebag who crawled out from under a rock is more appropriate.

Yes, it does sound like Canada needs stiffer fines with automatic jail if the fine isn't paid within seven days, or if it is a second offence. At least if those morons are in jail they are less likely to infect other people.

• Like 2

So with the current protocols my mother in law is quite restricted in her assisted living facility. We can't go in to visit her and they really discourage any social contact among the residents. Needless to say she is quite lonely. She was living with us until the last week of August and has really been shut in since then. We have come up with work around, we take her out for scenic drives every week, even though we often take the same route the wonder of nature changes the view. Today we had this

706617728_MtBaker.thumb.jpg.56ff17cdf72f2332ee3ad32548a03398.jpg

I have posted other versions of this view before but the light on the fresh snow was really interesting today

• Like 2

And just to the left of that view there was a dinghy race going on, I think they are 420s. I know they're not foils Lyndon but they are a nice boat to race. (Been a looong time since I had my butt in a dinghy and that was an Albacore). They were doing pretty good speeds for what seemed like fairly light winds. Clearly some boats had much bigger budgets, some of the sails seemed to be made from unobtainium.212675081_Sailboats.thumb.jpg.b1746e78a0dca02b087dc83f63a65688.jpg

It's about 2-3 degrees at night and between 8 and 12 during the day. We have had frost on the car a few mornings but it was mild this past week but raining until yesterday. It was a nice weekend and back to work tomorrow. We may be back to walking up our driveway for a couple days as our contractor sets about repairing the shoddy job the builder next door did after destroying our driveway.

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

It's about 2-3 degrees at night and between 8 and 12 during the day. We have had frost on the car a few mornings but it was mild this past week but raining until yesterday. It was a nice weekend and back to work tomorrow. We may be back to walking up our driveway for a couple days as our contractor sets about repairing the shoddy job the builder next door did after destroying our driveway.

We are getting into our silly season.

I used to hate Christmas when I was younger but now it’s my favourite time of year.
Mainly because Christmas brings on the cruise season.

silly burn is even sillier.LOL

38 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

39.5c here on Saturday Lyle, no frost, no anti freeze.

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

So with the current protocols my mother in law is quite restricted in her assisted living facility. We can't go in to visit her and they really discourage any social contact among the residents. Needless to say she is quite lonely. She was living with us until the last week of August and has really been shut in since then. We have come up with work around, we take her out for scenic drives every week, even though we often take the same route the wonder of nature changes the view. Today we had this

706617728_MtBaker.thumb.jpg.56ff17cdf72f2332ee3ad32548a03398.jpg

I have posted other versions of this view before but the light on the fresh snow was really interesting today

What a lovely idea to take your MIL for drives with beautiful views such as this.  I agree the light makes the snow look spectacular.  I used to bring my grandmother home, but, when the four steps got too much, I used to take her to a park and open the car door so she could hear the sounds of nature.  

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well that is a little over the top for me Les. AC all the way for me.

When we get to those temperatures Lyle ,our family like to lay on the tile concrete floor and sleep.

Put a blanket down and have the ceiling fan going. Its just something we live with.

We can’t comprehend how you folk live with the cold

7 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

We are getting into our silly season.

I used to hate Christmas when I was younger but now it’s my favourite time of year.
Mainly because Christmas brings on the cruise season.

silly burn is even sillier.LOL

First time in 6 years we aren’t counting the hours to a cruise to Tassie, and that is only since we resumed cruising after a health enforced break, hoping there may be a road trip down in the not to distant future.

5 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Hit almost 44 in my back yard on Sunday, pool is finally clean so a dip and the A/C cranked up all the way.

Due to all the wind there was too much rubbish in my pool to take a dip.

And, due to the expected hot weather I bought a $40 electric fan from Aldi last week.

5 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

First time in 6 years we aren’t counting the hours to a cruise to Tassie, and that is only since we resumed cruising after a health enforced break, hoping there may be a road trip down in the not to distant future.

We would have been going to Tasmania with you on Sunday, GUT.

But someone mentioned a pandemic.

We will be excited when we finally get on a ship.

we booked a cheap one other day ,3 of us in a balcony on Ovation for $720 each. 
 Coming 
0E252957-21C2-4427-A7D3-B407A39515AC.thumb.png.92d67a2a91872dc8d93c7ffa998632c3.png

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Due to all the wind there was too much rubbish in my pool to take a dip.

And, due to the expected hot weather I bought a $40 electric fan from Aldi last week.

We don't have AC, but we live in an area where we nearly always have a breeze. If anyone is looking for a fan I can highly recommend a brand called 'Vornado'. We got ours from Harvey Norman.  The fan is fairly expensive, but it is very efficient and has a DC motor (virtually silent). My husband often remarks how fantastic it is. We were going to install a ceiling fan in the bedroom, but there were reasons why it was not going to be ideal. The Vornado fan is as good, or better, and we don't have it hanging as a visual obstruction all the year.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

We don't have AC, but we live in an area where we nearly always have a breeze. If anyone is looking for a fan I can highly recommend a brand called 'Vornado'. We got ours from Harvey Norman.  The fan is fairly expensive, but it is very efficient and has a DC motor (virtually silent). My husband often remarks how fantastic it is. We were going to install a ceiling fan in the bedroom, but there were reasons why it was not going to be ideal. The Vornado fan is as good, or better, and we don't have it hanging as a visual obstruction all the year.

Crikey how can you live in Qld without air con in your abode? Breeze or no breeze.