Now for something completely different

Now according to the FBI,  there is intelligence there will be more violent events, leading up to and including inauguration day, not only in Washington DC, but in major cities around the 'Land of the Free.'

Call out the US Marine Corps with fixed bayonets.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Now according to the FBI,  there is intelligence there will be more violent events, leading up to and including inauguration day, not only in Washington DC, but in major cities around the 'Land of the Free.'

Call out the US Marine Corps with fixed bayonets.

There’s a series on sbs at 2:00 called America in colour.

Its surprising the violent history they have Uncle Les.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Yes, I have watched a couple of episodes good footage yesterday of the great depression.  You know as a kid I always thought the USA was the 'land of milk and honey' Big cars, hot dogs, burgers and milkshakes. After going to the USA 4 times, I now have a different opinion, a lot of poverty.

I shall tune in @ 1400 today.

Edited by NSWP

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes, I have watched a couple of episodes good footage yesterday of the great depression.  You know as a kid I always thought the USA was the 'land of milk and honey' Big cars, hot dogs, burgers and milkshakes. After going to the USA 4 times, I now have a different opinion, a lot of poverty.

Did you see the one of the depression and the veterans from ww11 wanted their back pay?

All they got was tanks and fixed bayonets.

I had never seen poverty until I went to America. 35 years ago I was in SF and there was a woman with 2 kids sitting in the rain begging.

Places in Asia there’s always someone to give a roof and a bit of food.

• Like 1

There is a lot of tension in that large country to the south of mine. I dare say the response to any disruption of the inauguration will be swift and hard. They are even doing background checks on the National Guardsmen to make sure they aren't on the wrong side of the issue.

The regular "Army or Marines" are forbidden from action in the US. I think that would require a declaration of Marshall Law (I may be wrong but there are rules against deploying Regular Army on US Soil)

The drama continues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

There is a lot of tension in that large country to the south of mine. I dare say the response to any disruption of the inauguration will be swift and hard. They are even doing background checks on the National Guardsmen to make sure they aren't on the wrong side of the issue.

The regular "Army or Marines" are forbidden from action in the US. I think that would require a declaration of Marshall Law (I may be wrong but there are rules against deploying Regular Army on US Soil)

The drama continues.

Hey Lyle 

That guy who was sitting in the speakers chair with his feet up looked like you.

29 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Did you see the one of the depression and the veterans from ww11 wanted their back pay?

All they got was tanks and fixed bayonets.

I had never seen poverty until I went to America. 35 years ago I was in SF and there was a woman with 2 kids sitting in the rain begging.

Places in Asia there’s always someone to give a roof and a bit of food.

Yes, i saw that, the govt wanted to put back pay issue on the back burner for 15 yrs or so.

30 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

The drama continues.

The National Guard are part timers, like the army reserve here, or the cmf, citizens military forces that i served in 67 to 03. Aka, weekend warriors, cut lunch commandos or chocos, chocolate soldiers.

54 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The land of milk and honey for the rich white man.  There is poverty and racism here.  And when you have a leader who is a racist and liar, himself....It has only gotten worse.  Sad and dark days now and ahead. 

7 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

The land of milk and honey for the rich white man.  There is poverty and racism here.  And when you have a leader who is a racist and liar, himself....It has only gotten worse.  Sad and dark days now and ahead. 

Hopefully there will be a slow climb out of the morass starting next week. Be safe and stay away from Albany for a while.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hopefully there will be a slow climb out of the morass starting next week. Be safe and stay away from Albany for a while.

I live about a 20 minute car ride from mid manhattan..so far enough from Albany.  But I live in a very right wing neighborhood with alot of delusional people..who of course, have guns. The next 8 days will be very interesting and I am sure very dangerous. I am angry and embarrassed by many fellow American who I now call unpatriotic and anarchists.

4 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

I live about a 20 minute car ride from mid manhattan..so far enough from Albany.  But I live in a very right wing neighborhood with alot of delusional people..who of course, have guns. The next 8 days will be very interesting and I am sure very dangerous. I am angry and embarrassed by many fellow American who I now call unpatriotic and anarchists.

Funny how a group of "Patriots" felt it appropriate to carry the stars and bars into the capital building.

Stay safe.

39 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Yikes! Stay home and stay safe, BRANDEE. It must be very scary being in your country at the moment - Covidiots on one side and rabid delusional idiots with guns on the other side. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yikes! Stay home and stay safe, BRANDEE. It must be very scary being in your country at the moment - Covidiots on one side and rabid delusional idiots with guns on the other side. 

It is very scary.  There has always been a divide..left/right..in this country, but it was kept under control to a point by leaders who knew how to keep the lid on..  Now the words of one person has done this.  All in the middle of a pandemic that he doesn't give a hoot about. My grandchildren watched it all on tv this week.  So sad.  How do you explain this to them?  And todays words from him were no better..he keeps lying and feeding the frenzy.  Words matter.

Edited by BRANDEE
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Not sure why that is surprising. They started off with the genocide of Native Americans, then they decide to start a war because they were upset with the tax system and just to abolish slavery needed another civil war 😳 which still led to violent segregation after the reconstruction era. Oh and let's not forget a dispute with Mexico led them to invade the county and take Texas and California😂. It does feel like violence is a go to answer to disputes in the USA. Maybe why there are so many rioting protests, it is practically the culture. In saying all that Australia's history isn't exactly any less violent we just seem to be better at hiding it 😉

15 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Not sure why that is surprising. They started off with the genocide of Native Americans, then they decide to start a war because they were upset with the tax system and just to abolish slavery needed another civil war 😳 which still led to violent segregation after the reconstruction era. Oh and let's not forget a dispute with Mexico led them to invade the county and take Texas and California😂. It does feel like violence is a go to answer to disputes in the USA. Maybe why there are so many rioting protests, it is practically the culture. In saying all that Australia's history isn't exactly any less violent we just seem to be better at hiding it 😉

Thank God then for Capt Cook and the British colinization, sure natives perished which is abohrrent, but imagine if the Spanish Conquistadores had conquered, like South America, indiginous annilhated.

We would all be talking espana. Trust me, it is written.

Buenos Tardes.

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Thank God then for Capt Cook and the British colinization, sure natives perished which is abohrrent, but imagine if the Spanish Conquistadores had conquered, like South America, indiginous annilhated.

We would all be talking espana. Trust me, it is written.

Buenos Tardes.

I wouldn't thank Captain Cook😄. If you ever read his diaries he basically claims Australia as the worst place on Earth, he didn't think it was worth the British government's time or effort. He loved New Zealand he thought that place was heaven even admired the Maoris whereas Aboriginals he thought were "vermin". I would not consider The Frontier Wars any different to what happened in South America, just as systematic, genocidal and brutal. It is like trying to argue was World War 1 worst than World War 2😳. The one thing we did have that could have changed our course of history was Arthur Phillip who truely wanted peaceful coexistence between his colony and the Aboriginals. Unfortunately Mother England wasn't as forward thinking and our history is what it is😔.

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1