Now for something completely different

8 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hey @BRANDEE I am pretty sure you know about this thread. I saw your news of Vaccinations in your family. That sounds excellent. Just a happy note...31 days😉.

Never thought I would wish time to move faster..especially since Jan 27 is a milestone "big" birthday and I become what I always though of as old...lol    

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Never thought I would wish time to move faster..especially since Jan 27 is a milestone "big" birthday and I become what I always though of as old...lol    

When I was a kid there was an old geezer who lived down the street from me. Now I suddenly find I am that old geezer.😲

Edited by lyndarra
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

When I was a kid there was an old geezer who lived down the street from me. Now I suddenly find I am that old geezer.😲

You reminded me of the Kenny Rogers song "There's an Old Man in Our Town" . It ends with

And I'll say youth only happens to you one time
And so I've been told
If you should miss it in your youngtime
Have it when you're old...

• Like 3

On the subject of old.... I remember i gave my dad a peanuts cartoon on one of his birthdays

It was Linus talking to Charlie Brown and it was Linus's grandfather's birthday

And LInus stated I can remember when he was human... Charlie Brown asked how old is he

Linus answered 63......

I look at the cartoon some 32 years later   and think well haven't been human for a while....lol

Don

• Haha 1

So while you have surfing swans, it is the first day of winter here. Of course there is snow on the wet coast of the great white north. Not that much but enough to identify the idiots. I would describe what we encountered as slush, mixed snow and rain but it did build up a bit. There has been as much as 20cm in some areas. We were okay with the Venza today because it was not really frozen. We are expecting it to get below 0 celcius over night and through the day tomorrow so that means black ice so we will be driving the Forester tomorrow it has superior all wheel drive and Michelin X-Ice tires. (or is that tyres 🤔)

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

So while you have surfing swans, it is the first day of winter here. Of course there is snow on the wet coast of the great white north. Not that much but enough to identify the idiots. I would describe what we encountered as slush, mixed snow and rain but it did build up a bit. There has been as much as 20cm in some areas. We were okay with the Venza today because it was not really frozen. We are expecting it to get below 0 celcius over night and through the day tomorrow so that means black ice so we will be driving the Forester tomorrow it has superior all wheel drive and Michelin X-Ice tires. (or is that tyres 🤔)

That cold is something hard for us to comprehend Lyle.

I was staying with friends in Oklahoma and a cold snap come through.

It was a 45 minute drive into town and they were packing the car with food and blankets????

I said I don’t want to go camping ,what are you people doing???

They said it was in case we get stuck, it may save our lives if we are in a ditch for a couple of days.They said it happens.

On a different subject ( I have a short attention span)

I saw a video a few years ago of about 50 sheep swimming in the surf in Tasmania .

It was a bad drought and they where eating kelp.

I tried to find it but couldn’t,  it looked like they where surfing.

It was so funny.

• Like 1

I'm thinking that it probably get quite a bit colder in Oklahoma than on Vancouver Island. That being said I can understand be prepared. The main road from the South Island to the rest of the Island has been blocked by multiple stalled and crashed cars and semi trucks. Not days but they will be stuck there unable to turn around for a couple more hours yet

9 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm thinking that it probably get quite a bit colder in Oklahoma than on Vancouver Island. That being said I can understand be prepared. The main road from the South Island to the rest of the Island has been blocked by multiple stalled and crashed cars and semi trucks. Not days but they will be stuck there unable to turn around for a couple more hours yet

I suppose you get the warm prevailing winds from the pacific.

At the time the orange trees where frozen ,when we were in Orlando.

I couldn’t believe they turn the sprinklers on and the ice protects the fruit trees in the  -20c temperature. CRAZY

It’s probably mundane to you but a novelty to us.

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I suppose you get the warm prevailing winds from the pacific.

At the time the orange trees where frozen ,when we were in Orlando.

I couldn’t believe they turn the sprinklers on and the ice protects the fruit trees in the  -20c temperature. CRAZY

It’s probably mundane to you but a novelty to us.

Actually it really doesn't get really cold where I am, at least not by the thermometer but it is a wet and miserable cold. This won't last too long and it will be back to wet coast with rain and sunny days temperatures between 3 and 10 degrees celcius.

26 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Actually it really doesn't get really cold where I am, at least not by the thermometer but it is a wet and miserable cold. This won't last too long and it will be back to wet coast with rain and sunny days temperatures between 3 and 10 degrees celcius.

Which is why Buchart Gardens does so well?