Now for something completely different

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

I think the elder grandson will be the one cricketed out as most of the season so far he has played two or three games each weekend.

As well as playing yesterday, he played this morning and this afternoon is playing in the 5ths for his club with his father. They both made 50 not out last week. Also he keeps for all three teams.

Leigh

Great potential he has, grandson that is.  I played 3rd grade for Randwick in the Sydney Comp, back in late 60’s, left arm medium pacer and No.8 bat, almost an all rounder, lol.

I played for nsw police team, did @ tour of Tassie and Vic with them, back then.  Later i managed and coached junior teams, 16 yr olds in Sutherland shire.

also played in over 35  teams in Sutherland shire in my 30’s and early 40’s. Then managed and coached juniors.

Howzat !,

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Great potential he has, grandson that is.  I played 3rd grade for Randwick in the Sydney Comp, back in late 60’s, left arm medium pacer and No.8 bat, almost an all rounder, lol.

I played for nsw police team, did @ tour of Tassie and Vic with them, back then.  Later i managed and coached junior teams, 16 yr olds in Sutherland shire.

also played in over 35  teams in Sutherland shire in my 30’s and early 40’s. Then managed and coached juniors.

Howzat !,

You sound like my son-in-law law - he coaches two junior teams as well as umpires and still plays. And he is a police officer too.

8 hours ago, lyndarra said:

OT. Did you ever come across a Const. Wayne Hack?

Many, many years ago, about my vintage, 67 to 03. Strange how some names stick. Cannot remember where it was though, Paddington rings a bell, could be wrong.

13 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Thanks brought a smile to the dial

Wow if the Lady was batting   it would be Lady Before Wicket

Cheers Don

She could not be bowled out Don. The ball would not get through to the wicket.lol.

56 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Many, many years ago, about my vintage, 67 to 03. Strange how some names stick. Cannot remember where it was though, Paddington rings a bell, could be wrong.

He was an MP attached to the same Australian army survey unit I was attached (as a radio op.),  sent to Borneo (Kalimantan Barat)  in 1970. There wasn't much for an MP to do so he became the unit dog's body or GD (general duties). I was doing some 1 Sig Rgt research on the net and came across this.

https://www.australianpolice.com.au/wayne-geoffrey-hack/

It mentions that he passed away while on a cruise in Sep 2014.

You're right about names sticking.

Edited by lyndarra

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

He was an MP attached to the same Australian army survey unit I was attached (as a radio op.),  sent to Borneo (Kalimantan Barat)  in 1970. There wasn't much for an MP to do so he became the unit dog's body or GD (general duties). I was doing some 1 Sig Rgt research on the net and came across this.

https://www.australianpolice.com.au/wayne-geoffrey-hack/

It mentions that he passed away while on a cruise in Sep 2014.

You're right about names sticking.

Thanks yes, that is the man, he was a solid fellow. With his registered number he was in the training class before me. His marble came up for 2 yrs National Service.National Service and most cops went into the Provost Corps.  I look at that site regularly.

Our Grandson starts training with the Q'land Police on the 4th of January. He has already been informed that on completion of his training he will be in the Police cricket Team. He's not playing this season as the team that lured him to Q'land on the promise of a State contract let him down badly last season even though he scooped the state awards. Prior representation for Australia in several junior tours to England and elsewhere, he's a deadly leg spinner.

• Like 1

Good on him. Wise decision to join QPS, at least they pay their trainees, unlike NSW where are not paid and they have to pay to live and study at Goulburn College of Knowledge (police academy.) Pity your grandson could commence a professional cricket career. Gary Lyon will not last forever, lol.  Merry xmas to you and family.🎅

Edited by NSWP

@Blackduck59

Looks like there’s a bit of cleaning on the other thread.

To answer your question, The coal has been paid for and some of the ships have been waiting 7 months to be unloaded. Close to $1b worth.

Next will be food shortages.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-18/china-electricity-power-shortage-hunan-zhejiang-australia-coal/12993418

8 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I think we really did stray off topic, over there. No surprise they edited it (Especially with the 🤡). Glad you knew to find me on the different thread where there is no topic to stray from

I got your reply in my inbox but it seems there was some cleaning done,
The way I see it ,coal ships are just like cruise ships for a million tonnes of coal.

The mods have been laying pretty low over the year,we have been lucky in that way.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

I got your reply in my inbox but it seems there was some cleaning done,
The way I see it ,coal ships are just like cruise ships for a million tonnes of coal.

The mods have been laying pretty low over the year,we have been lucky in that way.

I think they thought it was off topic for the thread even for a down under board. 

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We do stray a bit,I suppose it’s what you get with a short attention span.

What was the subject again?  LOL

I always thought this board never strayed off topic.🥵 I plead guilty on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I always thought this board never strayed off topic.🥵 I plead guilty on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

It's impossible for this thread to stray off topic because anything could be completely different.

Especially cricket for a luddite like me.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

It's impossible for this thread to stray off topic because anything could be completely different.

Especially cricket for a luddite like me.

They do play a bit of cricket in Canada Lyle, being part of the Colonies, like Straya and NZ.  Perhaps not in the Frog section, lol. Oh dear I hope you do not have French ancestry.

Edited by NSWP

26 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Wanna buy some cheap jet fighters? Oh, sorry, you already did.😉

Nice one Lyndon, I'm not sure it was a bad deal. We have F18s now and I'm not sold on the F35. The defense procurement process in Canada is painful to say the least, don't get me started.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

They do play a bit of cricket in Canada Lyle, being part of the Colonies, like Straya and NZ.  Perhaps not in the Frog section, lol. Oh dear I hope you do not have French ancestry.

Tough if he does, if he wants to be an honorary Aussie he needs to know that that is common.

Just kidding Lyle.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Half English and Half German. My Dad would often refer to the Quebequois as "Pea soups"

We have at least 2 Cricket pitches here in Victoria and I guess I could learn to understand it but I'm not sure why I would. I'm already a bad Canadian I don't really care about Hockey although I have been known to enjoy a lacrosse (our first National sport) game from time to time

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 1