Trans Tasman Bubble ?

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

Harvard Medical School said that COVID-19 can "survive up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard". Australia Post is not that quick.😉

I think I'll sleep a little better now, knowing that.🙃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I am a Queenslander, who appreciates our Premier making decisions, on advice from the Chief Health Officer, re reducing restrictions and opening up of our borders slowly.

Well said. Our Premier should be listening to her own medical advisors, not pot stirrers in Canberra and Sydney.

That said, things going well, I hope to visit either Cairns or Darwin before the end of winter. I don't ski, so a NZ winter holds no attractions.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

47 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Harvard Medical School said that COVID-19 can "survive up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard". Australia Post is not that quick.😉

Today's Lesson - Don't touch any unwashed police.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Well said. Our Premier should be listening to her own medical advisors, not pot stirrers in Canberra and Sydney.

That said, things going well, I hope to visit either Cairns or Darwin before the end of winter. I don't ski, so a NZ winter holds no attractions.

Weatherwise, I can see myself visiting NT or NQ prior to NZ.

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I think anywhere is good to visit if you go at the right times.

Yes, but some places are better than others, like the tropics in winter and NZ in summer.  Unless you are a skier. 

43 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, but some places are better than others, like the tropics in winter and NZ in summer.  Unless you are a skier. 

Not too comfortable doing it the other way around, Tropics in the summer and NZ in the winter.

Interesting, I do like the fact the article starts by saying OPINION in big letters. I wish more papers and media started their articles like this to show that what they write is either journalistic reporting which has timelines and states facts (for both sides of the story) on the topic and letting people decide for themselves which way they want to go or an editorial / opinion piece which tends to direct people to a line of thought.

48 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Interesting, I do like the fact the article starts by saying OPINION in big letters. I wish more papers and media started their articles like this to show that what they write is either journalistic reporting which has timelines and states facts (for both sides of the story) on the topic and letting people decide for themselves which way they want to go or an editorial / opinion piece which tends to direct people to a line of thought.

Agree, that was a very informative opinion article.  Quite a contrast to the first on the Read More list of articles - "Coronavirus: Hopes to Get Trans Tasman Bubble flying by July".

stuff.co.nz

Edited by MMDown Under

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

The ANZLF reports that Kiwis made 1.4 million visits to Australia last year, while Australians made 1.5 million visits to New Zealand

Well I can't see how last year will give us any indication of what this year will look like.

I did hear that from the sad story of the 30 year old passing away in Qld that there was also a negative test. That was dismissed as being contaminated but if that's the case, then positive may also have been a false positive or likewise contaminated. The thing that makes me think it was not a true positive is the current fact that no one else has tested positive so far. And he did have significant comorbidities such as convulsions and was alone when he died. Anything may have happened and usually Covid breathing issues are detected long before subsequent passing. 

Our SA border is closed but the thing that currently is annoying is that the Vic statistics are always referred to as number of new cases each day, completely ignoring that approx half of these are from people in quarantine. The Australian criteria for the next stage, which is 10 new cases Australia wide, does not take such cases into account. 

We haven't had a true positive in weeks, over a month now (I'm going to wipe out that person from UK who arrived into SA as a positive having not completed 14 days iso in Vic) and the only other case was the guy who wasn't infectious and not symptomatic but had arrived from UK four weeks prior. 

When the daily numbers are announce in Victoria, there is also usually reference to the source.

So they say if in quarantine or related to another identified outbreak. Interestingly, there have been about 5 quarantine hotel workers who have tested positive.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

That could be said for all of Australia. The virus came from overseas first.

Yeah, exactly. Yet people are choosing which cases are valid or not, sometimes depending on where and when they got it and so forth.

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

It seems Greece wants to bubble with Australia:

Greece opens Covid-safe 'travel bubble' to Australia

Will you look at the list of countries? One really stands out 🙄 Not a chance!!

Anyway, I thought an ‘air-bridge’ was to countries where you could fly direct?🤔 That’s def not Greece .....

The 29 countries from which Greece will accept visitors as of June 15 are: Albania, Australia, Austria, North Macedonia, Bulgaria, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Estonia, Japan, Israel, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Latvia, Lebanon, New Zealand, Lithuania, Malta, Montenegro, Norway, South Korea, Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic and Finland.