Cruise with confidence enhanced

4 minutes ago, RG306 said:

The explorer is doing 7 night west med, Harmony is the alternative for 2021.  It's also doing a  7 night greek isles itinerary, so the alternative would be the Rhapsody.  There are no comparable 8 or 9 night sailings but again you may get a different response when you call.  

Harmony sounds like the one, which airport is best for boarding the ship....looks like they have departures from both  Rome and Barcelona . So I guess at those ports they have some people getting on and off the ship, much different then a regular 7 day sailing.

11 minutes ago, RG306 said:

I think Coco Cay may be an issue because those sailings are marketed at 7 Day West/East Caribbean PLUS Perfect Day

I don't get why Coco Cay is being treated differently than Labadee or any other port call. Just because RCI dreamed up the name "Perfect Day" to promote their revamped private stop they are now treating itineraries that include it as being a special category all their own.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Harmony sounds like the one, which airport is best for boarding the ship....looks like they have departures from both  Rome and Barcelona . So I guess at those ports they have some people getting on and off the ship, much different then a regular 7 day sailing.

I noticed that too.  It'll be interesting to see if it changes the vibe of the cruise. I opted for Barcelona because I have some companion vouchers to use with WestJet and they offer direct to Barcelona but not to Rome.  I'm also really looking forward to a couple days in Barcelona.

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't get why Coco Cay is being treated differently than Labadee or any other port call. Just because RCI dreamed up the name "Perfect Day" to promote their revamped private stop they are now treating itineraries that include it as being a special category all their own.

At a premium price as well

4 minutes ago, RG306 said:

I noticed that too.  It'll be interesting to see if it changes the vibe of the cruise. I opted for Barcelona because I have some companion vouchers to use with WestJet and they offer direct to Barcelona but not to Rome.  I'm also really looking forward to a couple days in Barcelona.

That has to make boarding day less stressful.............not the whole ship getting on and off.

Barcelona, is an hour closer to Philadelphia then Rome

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

I switched from a Western Caribbean to a Western Caribbean with Perfect Day. In my case there was no Western Caribbean itinerary that was even remotely close to what I had booked.  When asked what I wanted to switch to, I gave them the ship & date. When they brought up it wasn’t the same, I told them there wasn’t one that was identical to what I had, but it was the same itinerary type. The agent asked the supervisor and she okayed the switch. In my case, it’s the sailing right before the holidays, so I didn’t have many options to pick from. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Are there any other ships and sailings that (August) Explorer of the Seas can shift to besides Harmony of the Seas? Just want to know what my real options are before shifting.

We were sailing Explorer from Rome summer (August)2020. Did lift and switch to Odyssey summer (August) 2021.

30 minutes ago, bhoffman said:

We were sailing Explorer from Rome summer (August)2020. Did lift and switch to Odyssey summer (August) 2021.

Greek Isles? Interesting...I booked an Owners Suite, not sure they would allow me to book a Owner's Loft Suite would they? Just checked another sailing, yes they  do have regular Owners Suite's  also.

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Cutigerlady said:

I switched from a Western Caribbean to a Western Caribbean with Perfect Day. In my case there was no Western Caribbean itinerary that was even remotely close to what I had booked.  When asked what I wanted to switch to, I gave them the ship & date. When they brought up it wasn’t the same, I told them there wasn’t one that was identical to what I had, but it was the same itinerary type. The agent asked the supervisor and she okayed the switch. In my case, it’s the sailing right before the holidays, so I didn’t have many options to pick from. 

Thank you!  I’m in exact same situation. 

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Here is an interesting possible conundrum.  A cabin is classified as a 6V this year.  The same ship, same itinerary, same cabin for next year is now a 4V.  Problem doing the lift and switch?

Same here - cabin classified as a 4D this year, same ship, same itinerary, same cabin for next year is now a 2D. Want to keep my original cabin & it’s available for my B2B for next year, there are no two same cabins in a 4D. 

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here are the FAQ’s that Royal has posted on the TA website.

Different Ship:
 •

If my client is currently confirmed on Explorer of the Seas in Europe this August 2020. Is my client able to book on Harmony of the Seas in September 2021?

Absolutely! As long as your client is sailing next year on a departure that falls within a 4-week span of their original sail date, he/she is able to enjoy a cruise onboard the Harmony of the Seas in Europe within the same stateroom and on a sailing of the same length.

My client is confirmed on the Open Jaw Alaska itinerary onboard Radiance of the Seas departing August 21, 2020 and is interested in moving to the Roundtrip Alaska itinerary onboard Ovation of the Seas departing August 20, 2021. Does this qualify for Lift & Shift?
Assuming your client confirms the same stateroom category, yes, this scenario will qualify for Lift & Shift as the sailing length, itinerary type, and timing meet the required criteria

Different Sailing Length:

If my client was booked on a 4-night Bahamas cruise onboard Mariner of the Seas in October 2020 and now wishes to move to a 3-Night weekend getaway onboard the same ship in October 2021, can my client take advantage of Lift & Shift as long as the same stateroom category is selected?
Though the same itinerary, stateroom category, and 4-week cruise window were selected, unfortunately, Lift & Shift is only applicable on sailings of the same length. If your clients would like to reconsider, we will happily protect the pricing and promotional offerings on a 4-Night Bahamas cruise in October 2021.

Different Inventory Type:

• If my client would like to Lift & Shift from 2020 to the same cruise in 2021 but would now prefer a balcony stateroom over their prior oceanview. Is this possible?
If desired, your client is certainly able to upgrade to balcony accommodations, though under prevailing pricing and promotional offerings. Unfortunately, prior rates and promotions will not carry through.

Different Timing:

• My client is currently confirmed on Oasis of the Seas departing Fort Lauderdale on December 6, 2020 and wishes to Lift & Shift this reservation to Oasis of the Seas departing Miami on December 19, 2021. Is this feasible?
Since December 19, 2021 is a Christmas sailing and the current reservation is confirmed on a non- holiday December cruise, unfortunately, Lift & Shift does not apply.

I called and requested this exact change on the same dates and was told no.

Fortunately, I had the link to the Enhanced FAQ's that you quoted.  The CSR told me he did not have that information and ask me how I got it.  After a fairly long hold while he checked with supervisors, finally said ok.  The was the Oregon call center.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Here is an interesting possible conundrum.  A cabin is classified as a 6V this year.  The same ship, same itinerary, same cabin for next year is now a 4V.  Problem doing the lift and switch?

No on Oasis they are reclassifying our 8D balcony is becoming a 4D

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Are there any other ships and sailings that (August) Explorer of the Seas can shift to besides Harmony of the Seas? Just want to know what my real options are before shifting.

I was on the the same Western Med Explorer sailing (23rd Aug) and was only allowed to transfer to the Harmony Western Med itinerary. Eastern Med was not allowed which ruled out the Odessey. 

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just did something crazy, looks like our 2nd cruise to Alaska will have to wait next year until another year..........The price SMUSH found was to good to pass up. Thank you

I took an  Owners Suite for Europe for just $3729.54 ......Booked it for 7 days August 23 2020 ( Rome to Rome) , now to Lift  it and Shift it to 2021.

Now when doing this can I shift it to any 7 day Europe no matter what departure port and arrival port? Doesn't matter which class ship either right? just has to be between the dates  July 23rd to September 23rd, is that correct? and cabin has to be an Owners Suite ?

Have I got it all right?

Yep except it will have to be the same itinerary - Western Med - good luck!

13 hours ago, livylotte said:

Great work! I may well see you on Harmony next year 😁 I was thinking of doing exactly the same. 

I have found a really cheap deal on Allure in August 2020 - but I think I might have to check out Explorer prices before I do 🙃

Did you tell them you were going to L&S the Explorer booking before hand or did you just spring it on them?

And was this with the UK call centre?

Yep Uk call centre

I mentioned that I needed to know if i could definitely lift and shift if I booked as it was an important factor in my booking. 

14 hours ago, JoeFan said:

Did you do that on the phone? Through the website they want the full fare deposit.

Wow, that is an incredible savings. Nice one.

Great saving we are a family of 5 so a GT on harmony was nearly €25000, we would never have that much to spend so i'm delighted.

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

That has to make boarding day less stressful.............not the whole ship getting on and off.

Barcelona, is an hour closer to Philadelphia then Rome

Just to add it used to be the case that if you sailed from barcelona there was a spanish tax applied to all purchases - this is not the case for sailing from Rome . The port in Rome is further away though.

@Ourusualbeach If I were to utilize Lift & Shift for my July 2020 cruise, supposedly I would keep everything associated with the booking for the next cruise I shift this cruise to.

I am considering moving my July 2020 Oasis cruise to July 2021, again on Oasis.  I have the grandfathered Boardwalk balcony stateroom amenities under the Dine, Drink, Discover offering (JR meal, soda package, and rock climbing). Do you know if those will carry over as well?

Regarding flexible cancellation up to 48 hours prior to departure with 100 % FCC of the applicable cancellation fee: Does anyone know if there are additional restrictions on how early I can cancel? A Royal agent just told me I can not cancel before final payment due date. Is this true? I can not find this requirement anywhere. 

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Greek Isles? Interesting...I booked an Owners Suite, not sure they would allow me to book a Owner's Loft Suite would they? Just checked another sailing, yes they  do have regular Owners Suite's  also.

Yes, Greek isles. I had a Grand suite booked and switched to a Grand suite on the Odyssey. I would think they would let you switch. It’s worth a call! Good luck!

2 hours ago, smush21 said:

Just to add it used to be the case that if you sailed from barcelona there was a spanish tax applied to all purchases - this is not the case for sailing from Rome . The port in Rome is further away though.

Looks like I can get a Non-stop flight from JFK to Rome, so that may be the best port to depart from with the best air prices. What do you mean the port is further away? You mean from Airport to cruiseport or Rome is further from USA?

22 minutes ago, bhoffman said:

Yes, Greek isles. I had a Grand suite booked and switched to a Grand suite on the Odyssey. I would think they would let you switch. It’s worth a call! Good luck!

Will indeed find out about that, pretty much leave it up to my wife what itinerary she wants to do.  Interesting options it would be if Odyssey is included.

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Regarding flexible cancellation up to 48 hours prior to departure with 100 % FCC of the applicable cancellation fee: Does anyone know if there are additional restrictions on how early I can cancel? A Royal agent just told me I can not cancel before final payment due date. Is this true? I can not find this requirement anywhere. 

Good question, also I booked August 2020 cruise with non refundable deposit, when doing the Lift and Shift can it be booked(switched to) as a refundable deposit?

Edited by Jimbo