What are chances we go on Caribbean Cruise in Sept ?

My guess 20/80.  For us the bigger question is what will cruising  be like.  Will staff have to wear face masks?  Hanging at the pool with face masks?  Head to the show- oops  get the face masks.  The ship can sail but for us if the safe guards impede the experience then it’s a no go.

• Like 2

Very small to none.  Until COVID is gone will ports open ?  Will cruising be acceptable ?  If things opened July 1st it would take 90 days to get airlines up and fully running, crews in place and trained etc. Etc. Etc.

Reports are when cruises do return that at least initially passengers will be required to wear masks, amongst other safety initiatives.

Now, why anyone would want to go on a cruise under these conditions is beyond me.

• Like 2

I don´t see any ship going this year. When I read that cruise lines getting some ships ready for a cold lay up... that draw a very clear picture. Without vacine or medication- it wouldn´t make any sense either!

I ALSO SINCERELY HOPE IM WRONG! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billydog said:

Bigger question is would you risk going?  I certainly would not.

Clearly  plenty of people would still go, that’s evident by the the number of posts on  Cruise Critic by people still hoping to cruise this year. Not everyone is searching world publications to find the most anti cruise articles to post them on here. 

Edited by yorky
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, yorky said:

Not everyone is searching world publications to find the most anti cruise articles to post them on here. 

You don't have to search too far! Too many can't see the wood for the trees.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have you looked to see if there’s any options for sept 2021 to move your ‘great deal’ under the new cruise with confidence plan? If there is, I would seriously consider doing that before the offer expires. I agree with the others that it’s unlikely that your cruise will go; and if it does that most to all of your ports will be open and unchanged. 

1 hour ago, BigAl94 said:

You don't have to search too far! Too many can't see the wood for the trees.

But you certainly put the effort in, anything negative and you are on it. Even if it’s actually not true. 

15 minutes ago, yorky said:

But you certainly put the effort in, anything negative and you are on it. Even if it’s actually not true. 

No effort required. We're both entitled to differing opinions without resorting to insults

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Have you looked to see if there’s any options for sept 2021 to move your ‘great deal’ under the new cruise with confidence plan? If there is, I would seriously consider doing that before the offer expires. I agree with the others that it’s unlikely that your cruise will go; and if it does that most to all of your ports will be open and unchanged. 

I was quite open to moving my October Caribbean cruise back a year using the lift and shift but there are no 11 night itineraries a month either side.

Edited by Ronin23

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

My guess 20/80.  For us the bigger question is what will cruising  be like.  Will staff have to wear face masks?  Hanging at the pool with face masks?  Head to the show- oops  get the face masks.  The ship can sail but for us if the safe guards impede the experience then it’s a no go.

I agree.  Even if ships are actually sailing in 3-4 months I doubt it's somewhere we'll want to be.  Yesterday we used the new "lift and shift" to move our October RCCL cruise to October 2021.

5 hours ago, Ronin23 said:

Reports are when cruises do return that at least initially passengers will be required to wear masks, amongst other safety initiatives.

Now, why anyone would want to go on a cruise under these conditions is beyond me.

Feel the same way.  Yet there are people on cruise critic who sound so desperate to cruise they're ready to go no matter what the conditions......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ronin23 said:

I've seen no such reports as it relates to guests...only crew.  Passengers being required to mask up will kill it for me.  

I think the cruise lines need to publish a comprehensive list of new requirements and restrictions so people can make informed decisions about whether or not they want to cruise...booking a cruise right now is going in blindly as it relates to the over all experience.

• Like 1

Your cruise in September might be a cruise to nowhere.  Islands will not accept cruise ships for fear of infection.  Cruise ships might not want to land at islands that show evidence of infection.  Flying to meet the cruise ship will also pose problems.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't feel confident enough about our 9/25/20 cruise to the ABC islands so yesterday I changed it to next Sept.  We had a reservation for a golf cart rental in Bonaire so I let them know that we wouldn't be there.  She replied that they don't believe ships will cruise to Bonaire this September.  I'm still holding out some hope for the end of November but we'll see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1