do you realize how complicated it will be for cruising to restart

ontheweb

10 minutes ago, clo said:

Nah. If wishes were horses....

I hope you at least saw the movie, possibly several times.

I actually lost my job. I was working at the local harness race track selling hot dogs, soda, and beer. It was my 4th summer there so I had a little seniority for getting paid. There were now owners in 1969. Since I was paid a little more than the other person on my concession stand who was brand new that year, I was often told to take the night off on week nights.

Now when your boss treats you well, you reciprocate, but when they treat you like above, you do not feel like you owe them a lot. So just before the Woodstock weekend, I let them know that I was not coming in since I had tickets to a music festival. They told me if I did not come in that weekend, I should never come back. My answer to that was that I would come back for the paycheck I was owed.

The funny thing is that because of the massive traffic jam, they never opened that weekend. The track was about 7 miles from the concert site.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I actually lost my job. I was working at the local harness race track selling hot dogs, soda, and beer. It was my 4th summer there so I had a little seniority for getting paid. There were now owners in 1969. Since I was paid a little more than the other person on my concession stand who was brand new that year, I was often told to take the night off on week nights.

Now when your boss treats you well, you reciprocate, but when they treat you like above, you do not feel like you owe them a lot. So just before the Woodstock weekend, I let them know that I was not coming in since I had tickets to a music festival. They told me if I did not come in that weekend, I should never come back. My answer to that was that I would come back for the paycheck I was owed.

The funny thing is that because of the massive traffic jam, they never opened that weekend. The track was about 7 miles from the concert site.

I left out something important. I had seniority for pay according to the union contract, but the new employee had seniority to work according the the soulless corporation that bought the concession. I had missed the first few weeks of the racing season since I thought it was much more important to take finals and then attend my college graduation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

She gets visits from bears and wild turkeys.

We see more deer. In fact just before the lockdown, I got a call from my wife who was driving to a skating rink. I hit a deer. Later she amended it to a deer hit her coming out of the side of the road and taking out her driver's side side view mirror.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

We see more deer. In fact just before the lockdown, I got a call from my wife who was driving to a skating rink. I hit a deer. Later she amended it to a deer hit her coming out of the side of the road and taking out her driver's side side view mirror.

We never hit a deer but about 30 years ago we were going to a party in NJ with friends in their car .I sat in the front passenger seat .My wife’s friends husband was driving.

We were on a very dark country road.He hit a deer and shattered the window .Somehow I was not hit by any glass.

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

So you weren't one of us at the Woodstock festival?

I knew Michael Lang who was one of the organizers of Woodstock and I felt anything that he was associated with would be really bad.Therefore I never went,huge mistake on my part .I talked one of my wife’s cousins out of going.She will never let me forget it.

I talked friends out of going.

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I knew an Owner/Driver at the Monticello race track and I have been there quite a few times.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I knew an Owner/Driver at the Monticello race track and I have been there quite a few times.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

See my response above.I assume you are familiar with the harness drivers there.When did you begin going .?

As a fan I was only there a couple of times in the early 80's . As an owner I raced horses there once in  a while in the 90's...maybe also the early 2000's. 

I'm familiar with drivers from many tracks in NY, NJ, PA and DE , as well as other places .

Edited by njhorseman

28 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

As a fan I was only there a couple of times in the early 80's . As an owner I raced horses there once in  a while in the 90's...maybe also the early 2000's. 

I'm familiar with drivers from many tracks in NY, NJ, PA and DE , as well as other places .

I have a lot of memory problems .We May have discussed this previously.The guy who I knew was driving in Monticellio in the late 80’s and probably in the 90’s.

I really do not want to post his surname .His first name was Tommy.I knew his family members a lot better than him.

On 5/18/2020 at 4:26 PM, mbardsley said:

Hey, we are keeping our Aug 2020 booking on royal. We are diamond, so kick back and enjoy the extra attention from the staff, plus more prime rib and lobster for us, lol.

We are hoping our September cruise goes Quebec to Boston.  We were in Wuhan November 12, I got what certainly seemed to be the virus, it was like a really bad cold, miserable for a couple of weeks, lingering cough, but I'm a smoker who gets a cold every 4 or 5 years.  It was not much worse than an awful cold.  By Christmas I was recovered 90%.  Took about 3 months to totally recover, mostly getting my energy back.  I'm 74 in robust health, grew up eating dirt.  Not at all afraid of the virus, we're probably both now immune.  I don't want to "bring it back", but think the chances are small.  People who think they might catch it need to stay home and isolated.  Use a mask and gloves when they go out.  The rest of us need to concentrate on hygiene, stay apart and just get through it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

We are hoping our September cruise goes Quebec to Boston.  We were in Wuhan November 12, I got what certainly seemed to be the virus, it was like a really bad cold, miserable for a couple of weeks, lingering cough, but I'm a smoker who gets a cold every 4 or 5 years.  It was not much worse than an awful cold.  By Christmas I was recovered 90%.  Took about 3 months to totally recover, mostly getting my energy back.  I'm 74 in robust health, grew up eating dirt.  Not at all afraid of the virus, we're probably both now immune.  I don't want to "bring it back", but think the chances are small.  People who think they might catch it need to stay home and isolated.  Use a mask and gloves when they go out.  The rest of us need to concentrate on hygiene, stay apart and just get through it. 

If you haven't had an antibody test, I am not sure I would assume I have had it and are immune.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Nonessential travel between the US and Mexico is currently not permitted. That means no travel for tourism. That agreement runs to June 22. Possibly nonessential travel between US and Mexico will be permitted in August but it isn’t now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

August 10... thanks for the scoop though

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

If you haven't had an antibody test, I am not sure I would assume I have had it and are immune.

Or that it's not going to come back with a vengeance in the fall, immunity kicked to the curb.

9 minutes ago, Jasawyer said:

August 10... thanks for the scoop though

I seem to remember that you said travel had never stopped. We had friends who made it out - FLYING - one day before Southwest shut down flights.

19 hours ago, DarrenM said:

If anyone has any interest in saving the aviation and hospitality industries they had been better get flights moving and resorts open soonish. 

Vaccine or no vaccine.

Shhh, we can't have that....  Rational thought and helping "workers" is a  very bad thing.... Shhhh

Just now, Jasawyer said:

Shhh, we can't have that....  Rational thought and helping "workers" is a  very bad thing.... Shhhh

Oh yippee. Let's open everything, the "surge" recurs and then everything gets shut down again. In weeks possibly. Oh, wait, I forgot the deaths. Dang.

1 minute ago, clo said:

Oh yippee. Let's open everything, the "surge" recurs and then everything gets shut down again. In weeks possibly. Oh, wait, I forgot the deaths. Dang.

Then stay home... We will pick up the slack... It's ok. We got it.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jasawyer said:

You do know, don't you, that that reply makes no sense whatsoever?

2 hours ago, Jasawyer said:

1 hour ago, Jasawyer said:

Thank you!!!!  😊

The thing is people on here have confirmed that they are ok with people going back to work as it's an essential risk. But not to have any social life as that's not essential.

But for those that work in the aviation and hospitality industries its essential for them to get back to work. 

It seems some think some peoples jobs are more worthy than others.

Construction sites are mainly open in the uk now. I have difficulty in believing any of those sites are essential not that they can really practice social distancing.

Many bus drivers in the uk have died of covid yet we have full bus services still.

• Like 1