Will Florida cruises start back up in August?

52 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Major events are being held in Orlando at the convention center. 

They are?  The only event I know of being held there is Covid-19 testing. What events are you referring to that are being held there?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

They are?  The only event I know of being held there is Covid-19 testing. What events are you referring to that are being held there?

I’ve only heard of Disney Wide World of Sports hosting sporting events. Disney has plenty of lodging available for use. They have a baseball and track complex. They removed the racetrack. 

11 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Governor DeSantis stated yesterday that Orlando Convention Center would be a good possible place for the Republican National Convention. He also mentioned Miami as another possibility for the Republican or the Democratic National Convention. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

I don't see why not. They are far less infectious as receiving mail or getting groceries. I know 2 people that have had Covid 19. You would never know they even had it. One had a "fever" of 99.8 at the worst and coughed 2x over 3 weeks. Unless she was tested, no one would have ever known she had it, even her. As for cruises, I think August will be the start. However, I expect itineraries to change. I have a feeling Labadee and CocoCay are going to be RCL's stops for a while until things clear up in the islands and other ports. 

From your lips. Everyone is speculating and that is only what we have right now based upon some of the things we see.

The reason I asked about my cruise specifically is it is from Miami and one of the ports that I have been reading may go first. And stops in Labadee & CocoCay. And Falmouth, which I would be happy giving up for a 2nd stop at CocoCay.

And as a couple of days ago, it was still 90 days away. So I was hoping 3 months would be enough to get this ship moving.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Based on some of the comments from the CDC in an article in the Miami Herald yesterday, it does not sound promising that cruises with passengers will be sailing to / from the US anytime soon. The comments that they have not yet begun looking at requirements for ships to sail with passengers, and that cruise ships are similar to long-term care facilities, prisons and meat processing plants when it comes to risks of spreading the virus, don’t give me confidence they will let ships sail in the next few months. My guess at this point would be that there is a better chance of the CDC ban being extended than ships will be sailing in August.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article243180861.html

Well on the other hand some gambling ship I think out of palm beach area that goes to the bahamas is being allowed to start up again. 

And to the guy who is hoping rcl gives notice so he has time to do a lift and shift... when did rcl give much notice. Lift and shift apparently takes some time to do. At most TAs will be told ok thursday will be a announcement, though not what will be said. I wouldnt count on more than a day or 2 notice of next cancellations ... if they occur. 

40 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Without fans in the stands. Only team players and support staff. NBA all staying in same resort. I think the plan is strict testing each day. 

I'm working at a youth event....and it is not canceled in July and fans will  be present.  By July, fans might be present for the NBA.  That decision will soon come.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

I guess that depends on the definition of flat. 
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-ne-coronavirus-thursday-june-4-20200604-rtulphcgwzawvat3zniyh2ru3m-story.html

I think the bigger issue is that southern Florida is still a different animal than the rest, looks like PC may be the winner. It’s still a tough call to start getting people from all around the country to converge on one spot, then go home.

mac_tlc

The article neglected to point out that a major backlog of tests was being cleared and the #s all hit the database at the same time. Both hospitalizations and deaths are way down for the same period.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I'm working at a youth event....and it is not canceled in July and fans will  be present.  By July, fans might be present for the NBA.  That decision will soon come.

Could be who knows. What I posted was from local news here. I think the NBA plans to run from July to October with limited teams. They have said, an 8 game season and a formula to decide what teams reach the playoffs. The news reported these games would be without fans. They can always change that. 

For the last several weeks I have been reading how Europe is starting this travel in a bubble program where certain countries group up - such as Greece and Cyprus and their residents can travel to these destinations.     There are several online articles about "travel bubbles".  

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/01/travel-bubbles-borders-flights-coronavirus-uk-france-air-bridge/

Today was the first day I read some States in the US are in talks about doing this too.     

CA is talking about promotions for residents to travel from northern or southern California.

PA, NJ and NY are talking about a similar program.

If they are still coordinating this kind of travel I keep thinking this means cruises will be a no go for quite a while.   

Heck, I live in PA and I AM STILL in red phase (lock down) we go to yellow tomorrow and not much changes in yellow.

It's not till we get to green probably sometime in July will restaurants and salons and other stuff re-opens with very strict rules.   I know there are other states in this same situation so I just don't see cruises happening anytime soon. 

Happy to say we are leaving for LBI, NJ Saturday morning and will stay there for June.    Cannot wait to see and hear the ocean and have my feet in the sand again.      

And very curious to see how they are handling everything on the island. 

By July, fans might be present for the NBA.  That decision will soon come.

Could be who knows. What I posted was from local news here. I think the NBA plans to run from July to October with limited teams. They have said, an 8 game season and a formula to decide what teams reach the playoffs. The news reported these games would be without fans. They can always change that. 

There are going to be no fans at all for the NBA games in Orlando.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For the last several weeks I have been reading how Europe is starting this travel in a bubble program where certain countries group up - such as Greece and Cyprus and their residents can travel to these destinations.     There are several online articles about "travel bubbles".  

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/01/travel-bubbles-borders-flights-coronavirus-uk-france-air-bridge/

Today was the first day I read some States in the US are in talks about doing this too.     

CA is talking about promotions for residents to travel from northern or southern California.

PA, NJ and NY are talking about a similar program.

If they are still coordinating this kind of travel I keep thinking this means cruises will be a no go for quite a while.   

Heck, I live in PA and I AM STILL in red phase (lock down) we go to yellow tomorrow and not much changes in yellow.

It's not till we get to green probably sometime in July will restaurants and salons and other stuff re-opens with very strict rules.   I know there are other states in this same situation so I just don't see cruises happening anytime soon. 

Happy to say we are leaving for LBI, NJ Saturday morning and will stay there for June.    Cannot wait to see and hear the ocean and have my feet in the sand again.      

And very curious to see how they are handling everything on the island. 

We live in NJ and we are going to Phase 2 starting June 15th with non essential business allowed to open with reduced capacity and restaurants allowing outdoor seating. Enjoy your time in LBI. I grew up on Point Pleasant Beach, but now we go to Beach Haven. We love it there. We were there this past Saturday and it was lovely and some shops are open. 

Edited by JoeFan

10 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

Does anyone know if RCL will give us a guarentee that if we go that we will not be circling/parked @ an outer water marker, because our gov is refusing to let us dock do to C-19? Might anyone know if they are working on just that?

How could they possibly guarantee such a thing? It is totally beyond their control.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JoeFan said:

I am on 8/29 Symphony out of Miami. I am personally ready to cruise and would love for this sailing to go.

I know nobody has a crystal ball. But if you were a betting person. What is your probability that his will sail?

We are SOOOOOO hoping.  On the 5 night Indy that goes to CocoCay and Labadee and then have Navigator end of August.  We are so ready to cruise and will go the second they tell us we can

Edited by karena1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

COVID cases in Florida are flat.  All major tourist areas are opening  between now and July. Major events are being held in Orlando at the convention center.  Sporting events are coming to Disney wide world of sports.  Florida is in phase 2. 

Tourist attractions have gone through reviews already for reopen plans.  There is a plan for cruises, we just don't know them yet.  But cruises will start soon.  August I hope, but it is not know yet. 

No cruise line is going to magically turn on the key, and start every cruise on the same day.  But if you are booked from Florida to the Bahamas, that will almost certainly be the first one to go.  Bahamas have a tourism start date in place, and Florida most likely will be at the Phase 3 mark sometime in July, so yes, it is a higher probability now that August might happen. 

However, many of the longer multiport trips, might be more complicated to start. 

While Bahamas and other Caribbean islands may be opening to tourism, it doesn't equate to them wanting or allowing cruise ships to port there. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, karena1 said:

We are SOOOOOO hoping.  On the 5 night Indy that goes to CocoCay and Labadee and then have Navigator end of August.  We are so ready to cruise and will go the second they tell us we can

I'm curious... Will you go if you have to wear a mask? 

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

I think it's unlikely.  Besides the issues with just getting cruises in general back in operation, Covid cases in Florida are on their way up.

Florida is going to Phase 2 Friday with the exception of Dade County Miami region. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scotty G said:

Florida is going to Phase 2 Friday with the exception of Dade County Miami region. 

Which is where the cruise that the OP is asking about originates from

Edited by time4u2go
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

COVID cases in Florida are flat.  All major tourist areas are opening  between now and July. Major events are being held in Orlando at the convention center.  Sporting events are coming to Disney wide world of sports.  Florida is in phase 2. 

Tourist attractions have gone through reviews already for reopen plans.  There is a plan for cruises, we just don't know them yet.  But cruises will start soon.  August I hope, but it is not know yet. 

No cruise line is going to magically turn on the key, and start every cruise on the same day.  But if you are booked from Florida to the Bahamas, that will almost certainly be the first one to go.  Bahamas have a tourism start date in place, and Florida most likely will be at the Phase 3 mark sometime in July, so yes, it is a higher probability now that August might happen. 

However, many of the longer multiport trips, might be more complicated to start. 

Is this confirmed China News? What are your sources for this information, that there is a plan for cruises?

Edited by Jimbo

19 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

How could they possibly guarantee such a thing? It is totally beyond their control.

I would think All the Companies should create a methodical plan to give to our gov for their approval if C-19 was on the ship. We would know that plan, because I do not feel comfortable getting on my Sept cruise & have this arise and be floating for days!  

4 hours ago, JoeFan said:

I am on 8/29 Symphony out of Miami. I am personally ready to cruise and would love for this sailing to go.

I know nobody has a crystal ball. But if you were a betting person. What is your probability that his will sail?

NO - wouldn't bet on this happening.  0 chance, IMO.