Will Florida cruises start back up in August?

6 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

I would think All the Companies should create a methodical plan to give to our gov for their approval if C-19 was on the ship. We would know that plan, because I do not feel comfortable getting on my Sept cruise & have this arise and be floating for days!  

I totally agree that they should have a plan. I just don't see how they could guarantee that they would not be prevented from docking, which would be beyond their control.

Edited by time4u2go

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

I'm working at a youth event....and it is not canceled in July and fans will  be present.  By July, fans might be present for the NBA.  That decision will soon come.

One NBA player does something stupid and goes out on the town one night...............comes down with Covid and there goes the season..........if the NBA starts up, I don't see it lasting long.

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Is this confirmed China News? What are your sources for this information, that there is a plan for cruises?

Bahamas has a tourism open date.  RCCL is flagged Bahamas.  They have cruises to only the Bahamas and no other ports.  Only thing now is the CDC to let them go.  

5 hours ago, JoeFan said:

I am on 8/29 Symphony out of Miami. I am personally ready to cruise and would love for this sailing to go.

I know nobody has a crystal ball. But if you were a betting person. What is your probability that his will sail?

The only sea vessel that I foresee on the seas in 2020 is the SI ferry .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, later said:

I think Royal is bringing back their furloughed corporate office employees back in 2 stages starting June 8th and June 15th.

Not all. I was under the impression that they were bringing back current employees who were working from home, back into the office. ????  I was told Molly wasn’t coming back at this time. 

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I guess that depends on the definition of flat. 
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-ne-coronavirus-thursday-june-4-20200604-rtulphcgwzawvat3zniyh2ru3m-story.html

I think the bigger issue is that southern Florida is still a different animal than the rest, looks like PC may be the winner. It’s still a tough call to start getting people from all around the country to converge on one spot, then go home.

mac_tlc

True, I'm in Miami Dade and we are still in Phase 1.  After the riots, we went a bit backwards on the reopening and curfews are still in effect.  Our beaches, which were supposed to open on June 1st are still closed.  Lots of stores and malls that were reopened had to close again.  Many tourist attractions still not open.  Downtown Miami is not the safest place to be at the moment. Of course, this could change for the better by 8/29 - a lot could happen between now and then. 

1 hour ago, JoeFan said:

We live in NJ and we are going to Phase 2 starting June 15th with non essential business allowed to open with reduced capacity and restaurants allowing outdoor seating. Enjoy your time in LBI. I grew up on Point Pleasant Beach, but now we go to Beach Haven. We love it there. We were there this past Saturday and it was lovely and some shops are open. 

Point Pleasant is nice too.    My Mother grew up there.   I grew up in Spray Beach.    Although my DH always says I never grew up!     I heard from a neighbor in LBI that a lot of restaurants are setting up with outdoor seating, which is great as I prefer to be outside when possible.     That's also great to hear that some shops are open.    I heard the salons will re-open on June 22nd.    Hopefully I can get an appt. while there since PA won't open till sometime in July.   I will be so happy to go for my daily bike rides and long walks on the beach.    Hopefully we are done with all this rain.    Maybe someday we will meet on a cruise.   Stay safe!

1 hour ago, later said:

I think Royal is bringing back their furloughed corporate office employees back in 2 stages starting June 8th and June 15th.

On another thread I heard they were bringing back 100 employees and they are putting them thru a 1 week training program to get caught up on all the changes/CWC/L & S program, etc.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justmekaren918 said:

I would think All the Companies should create a methodical plan to give to our gov for their approval if C-19 was on the ship. We would know that plan, because I do not feel comfortable getting on my Sept cruise & have this arise and be floating for days!  

Mr. Fain has said several times on his webinars they will be transparent with their plans, when released.   

I would prefer if a cruise line other than RCL be the first "out the gate" while we sit back and watch what happens to them.    My bet is on either Carnival or NCL to be the first to sail.

• Like 1

Realistic Optimistic but not Pessimistic How many cruisers are from Florida? That is not to issue nor the determining factor. None of us know what RCL has done to schedule crews so anyone stating such is a liar. Half the excitement in cruising is the anticipation and planning for your adventure. Be patient, prayerful and let the chips role. No one can steal that from you. Best of wellness and Happy Cruising whenever in collides.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 2

One NBA player does something stupid and goes out on the town one night...............comes down with Covid and there goes the season..........if the NBA starts up, I don't see it lasting long.

The players may not be able to leave the NBA “bubble” and go out on the town. The bubble meaning the Wide World of Sports complex where all the teams, team/league staff will be staying.

They are still ironing out the minor details including who (if any) can leave the bubble during the entire 3 months.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

COVID cases in Florida are flat.  All major tourist areas are opening  between now and July. Major events are being held in Orlando at the convention center.  Sporting events are coming to Disney wide world of sports.  Florida is in phase 2. 

Tourist attractions have gone through reviews already for reopen plans.  There is a plan for cruises, we just don't know them yet.  But cruises will start soon.  August I hope, but it is not know yet. 

No cruise line is going to magically turn on the key, and start every cruise on the same day.  But if you are booked from Florida to the Bahamas, that will almost certainly be the first one to go.  Bahamas have a tourism start date in place, and Florida most likely will be at the Phase 3 mark sometime in July, so yes, it is a higher probability now that August might happen. 

However, many of the longer multiport trips, might be more complicated to start. 

You realize that the State of Florida will not determine when cruises start out of Florida ports?  The CDC will make that determination.

43 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

The players may not be able to leave the NBA “bubble” and go out on the town. The bubble meaning the Wide World of Sports complex where all the teams, team/league staff will be staying.

They are still ironing out the minor details including who (if any) can leave the bubble during the entire 3 months.

They know what the rules will likely be..................don't mean they will follow them?

I really think NBA and NHL should just shelf their seasons..............and MLB had a chance to be the only show or earth but they are blowing that.....................

I think we should just have football in September with no fans in the stands and deal with that as the only sports this year.......

Edited by Jimbo

6 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Agreed.  Since around May 11, there has been a gradual increase overall:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/florida-coronavirus-cases.html

I agree.  My handy-dandy bookmarked CNN page has all the states and more.  I can't copy and past a single state, but if you scroll halfway down the page you will see mini-charts for each state.  Florida has been on the rise from 5/21 until 6/3.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-us-maps-and-cases/

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JoeFan said:

I am on 8/29 Symphony out of Miami. I am personally ready to cruise and would love for this sailing to go.

I know nobody has a crystal ball. But if you were a betting person. What is your probability that his will sail?

We are booked on the same cruise! My crystal ball is broken but we are hoping it's still going to happen.  I don't think anyone knows....I am ready to get our lives moving again 🙂 

• Like 2

They know what the rules will likely be..................don't mean they will follow them?
I really think NBA and NHL should just shelf their seasons..............and MLB had a chance to be the only show or earth but they are blowing that.....................

I think we should just have football in September with no fans in the stands and deal with that as the only sports this year.......
They are adults, signing a contract who will follow if they want a paycheck.

Must you always be so negative?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I don't want to turn this into a political discussion but have any of you been watching the news for the past 10 days?

Thousands of people have been shoulder-to-shoulder and so many have not been wearing masks.

We'll be lucky if there's any cruises in 2021 unless there's a vaccine.

I don't want to turn this into a political discussion but have any of you been watching the news for the past 10 days?
Thousands of people have been shoulder-to-shoulder and so many have not been wearing masks.
We'll be lucky if there's any cruises in 2021 unless there's a vaccine.

I think we may find out there is not a spike after what has been happening and we can all get back to normal, at least as far as coronavirus. My state started Phase 1 on April 24 and most things other than arenas / stadiums are open. There haven’t been any spikes in cases and most people no longer wear masks. If there is not a huge increase in cases over the next few weeks, cruises may be able to start sooner than any of us thought even a few days ago.
  • Like 1