Short article re Royal cruises start up dates...

hcat

https://www.wfla.com/news/national/royal-caribbean-aiming-to-resume-cruises-in-mid-september/

Article indicates  current  planned start up date is 9/16, one day after the current CLIA  pause.

No Bermuda or Canada cruises for awhile..

No info about which itins  or ports will be featured.

Assume that Celebrity would be part of start up plan,

Hope WFLA continues to track and  report progress.

Edited by hcat

Sorry,  I just noticed there are additional news stories at the link..but the article is copyrighted so  I believe only a link is permitted.  Pls just ignore the other stuff..

Thnks

I’m thinking that a few cruises will start in the October/November timeframe.  Not the entire fleet and no long cruises.  Right now all indicators are that we, in the US, will need to see a dramatic downturn in virus before it will be back to any cruise lines entire fleet will be sailing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hcat said:

https://www.wfla.com/news/national/royal-caribbean-aiming-to-resume-cruises-in-mid-september/

Article indicates  current  planned start up date is 9/16, one day after the current CLIA  pause.

No Bermuda or Canada cruises for awhile..

No info about which itins  or ports will be featured.

Assume that Celebrity would be part of start up plan,

Hope WFLA continues to track and  report progress.

Link not available in Europe

33 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Link not available in Europe

Sorry..

I do not believe we are permitted to copy and paste copyrighted  articles so  posting the link was  the only option... not really any new info anyhow!

47 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Testing up, daily deaths still dropping...Those in danger zone shelter in place..let’s move on. 

I think i'd give it a couple of weeks to see if the death rates continue to fall with the massive rise in cases over there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leck57 said:

Not a chance in hell in my opinion. Certainly not from/to any port in the US unless they want a suicide mission.

Agree.  And whenever they do start it will be limited to some short cruises on a few ships for a while.  Cancellation/refund chaos will continue for many months.  SO glad we lifted and shifted everything to late 2021/2022.  After doing 3-6 weeks on ships every winter for 15 years we have moved on for now.  We'll cruise again when we don't have to wear masks or "socially distance".  If that's never, that is OK.

28 minutes ago, welshwizards said:

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/eu-healthy-gateways-issues-covid-19-guidance-restarting-cruise-operations

This makes interesting reading, there is a link towards the end of the article that takes you to the full report. Tbh if this is the future of cruising I for one won't be cruising again

Thanks for the link. As you say, some very interesting reading. I went through it start to finish and skimmed the full report, and quite honestly saw nothing that would deter me from cruising, although the cohort concept needs to be fleshed out. As interim guidance, I thought it balanced the need for safety with the need for passenger enjoyment. Unlike the CDC's approach to date, I think the CLIA and its members could work with these guidelines, as could most passengers. JMO

Wow...thanks for the link

no med note req was good BUT the rest of it is a whammy card!

Assigning passengers  to " Cohort groups"  for activities....sounds like daycare or summer camp or the army or  ?????

No indoor swimming,  so we can risk.skin cancer, from sun exposure,  no thanks

The masks issue.

If CLIA adopts this program, we are out..We will lose  $2, 000 + of  fcc but then we will be  free of  this regimented cruise program.. Do not mind following it at home but not on a ship!

Holy cow!

Way too restrictive and authoritarian for my taste!.

Seems like my group would be experiencing nursing home confinement at sea.

Perhaps  the industry is  NOT  really ready  to resume!

• Like 2

I would suggest that everyone open there minds to the concept that Cruising will start in other markets long before it re-starts in The United States. I think there will be more cruising in Europe, expanding the very small openings that have already started or will start soon. I would expect the Asian market to open before the US as well. There may also be a series of reciprocal agreements between the countries already on the EU "list". There will need to be a quantum shift in the response in the US to flatten the curve before any country will be opening there borders to the US market.

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I would suggest that everyone open there minds to the concept that Cruising will start in other markets long before it re-starts in The United States. I think there will be more cruising in Europe, expanding the very small openings that have already started or will start soon. I would expect the Asian market to open before the US as well. There may also be a series of reciprocal agreements between the countries already on the EU "list". There will need to be a quantum shift in the response in the US to flatten the curve before any country will be opening there borders to the US market.

When are you looking for things to start then?  I would suggest to you that the European market is finished for this season.

Phil 

4 hours ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

http://www.sailcosta.com/8115_Safety/8115.03_FAQs.pdf

these are the measures Costa (carnival) intend to put in place once cruising resumes. I would imagine other lines will do the same. They can’t afford an outbreak at sea it would be catastrophic to an already ailing industry.   

Thanks for posting...

Seems a bit better than the other plan..but no dancing, no parties and only outdoor swimming are a turn off.   More show times..shorter shows? Limits in elevs, venues and excursions..Could work if they severely limit # of guests on board but one would have to be really wanting to cruise  to accept these circumstances.

Safety is key but  we may as well stay home! I agree that another outbreak at sea would be catastrophic!

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for posting...

Seems a bit better than the other plan..but no dancing, no parties and only outdoor swimming are a turn off.   More show times..shorter shows? Limits in elevs, venues and excursions..Could work if they severely limit # of guests on board but one would have to be really wanting to cruise  to accept these circumstances.

Safety is key but  we may as well stay home! I agree that another outbreak at sea would be catastrophic!

Did you see the protocols now on Ponant, the smaller luxury ships?  No thanks. That's no holiday for me. 

See of I can find it.  Here you go:

https://fr.calameo.com/read/00013242371fe0f908d85?authid=ekgNT5Wj7RSN

Phil 

• Like 1