Diamond Club Theory when we return

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

But I really don't get all the jealously pointed at FL residents

Hey!  I'm jealous.  I lived there 20 years so I know how awesome it is.  I've lived all over this country and Key West was by far the best.   Then again, I'm in the Seattle area now and I'd rank this place lower than Fallujah. 😉

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Nope, not jealousy.... simply the facts.

You might be an exception, but it is simply factual that it is easier and less costly to cruise from Florida when you live there.  Do you also remember when they did the conversion from number of cruises to cruise nights.  A three or four night cruise was converted to seven points,  Well guess who was on all those three and four night cruises?

Voila, instant Pinnacles and near Pinnacles.

Surely remember when they did conversions. Before that, three, four & five night cruises were getting same points as my seven, ten & twelve night cruises. Not too fair. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Nope, not jealousy.... simply the facts.

You might be an exception, but it is simply factual that it is easier and less costly to cruise from Florida when you live there.  Do you also remember when they did the conversion from number of cruises to cruise nights.  A three or four night cruise was converted to seven points,  Well guess who was on all those three and four night cruises?

Voila, instant Pinnacles and near Pinnacles.

This is seriously pathetic, my friend. You are grasping at straws to find a villain that does not exist. 

Yes, it is easier and cheaper to cruise on a Caribbean cruise if you live in FL. So what. You found our secret. Who cares.

You are painting with a very broad brush because you are unhappy you were removed from the CL.

Blame the FL Pinnacles that multiplied in such numbers that the 500,000 D+ members can no longer be accomodated in a 50 seat venue. Give me a break. It's getting childish.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Surely remember when they did conversions. Before that, three, four & five night cruises were getting same points as my seven, ten & twelve night cruises. Not too fair. 

Not entirely true. The 12 night trips got two points at some time prior to conversion.

I think it first was suites getting an add'l credit, then it was trips 12 days and longer.

If you really want to blame something on the influx of upper tiers, it is the bonus point for solos that did the most damage.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

If you really want to blame something on the influx of upper tiers, it is the bonus point for solos that did the most damage.

Personally, I chalk it up to matching the highest status achieved by one member of a household, then offshoots taking that status into a new household, then so on and so on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, logan25 said:

Personally, I chalk it up to matching the highest status achieved by one member of a household, then offshoots taking that status into a new household, then so on and so on.

But the higher number of points is what drives the solo spouse to a higher tier. Getting points by marriage exasperates that problem. To really blow your mind, once you have 340 points, the solo supplement drops to 150%  And the really crazy point accumulation is to put one spouse in a suite solo and have the other one become a 3rd passenger in another couples cabin. 

Personally,  I have around 600 points, but Laura has 1200. But I was D+ before solo bonus kicked in. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Blame the FL Pinnacles that multiplied in such numbers that the 500,000 D+ members can no longer be accomodated in a 50 seat venue. Give me a break. It's getting childish.

Indeed it is!  Indeed it is!   Peace, my friend, Peace!

Edited by yogimax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I wasn’t talking about COVID19 safe. 

LOL. As you keep saying about COVID, don’t believe what the media is feeding you about what’s going on in cities like New York. No cruiser should have the slightest fear about leaving from he ports you mention crime wise. Disease is another matter. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

LOL. As you keep saying about COVID, don’t believe what the media is feeding you about what’s going on in cities like New York. No cruiser should have the slightest fear about leaving from he ports you mention crime wise. Disease is another matter. 

So there is no problems going on in NYC. I guess the cops we saw getting hit over the head with broom sticks and pipes were our imagination and didn’t happen?  Those people are not occupied in City Hall Park?  There is no uptick in Gun violence?  I hope your right. 

M8

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So there is no problems going on in NYC.

I’d love to sit down with you over a few beers and discuss what New York is actually like cvs your perception. But I’m not going to have that conversation HERE, because this is a cruise board. From a cruise standpoint, the relevant issue is that nobody should have the slightest hesitation about sailing out of NYC ports due to “unrest.”

Look, I know you are just dying to share your political opinions with people. And you seem like a nice guy. But this isn’t the best place for it, is it? 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

I’d love to sit down with you over a few beers and discuss what New York is actually like cvs your perception. But I’m not going to have that conversation HERE, because this is a cruise board. From a cruise standpoint, the relevant issue is that nobody should have the slightest hesitation about sailing out of NYC ports due to “unrest.”

Look, I know you are just dying to share your political opinions with people. 

😂 you noticed that too  LOL

18 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So there is no problems going on in NYC. I guess the cops we saw getting hit over the head with broom sticks and pipes were our imagination and didn’t happen?  Those people are not occupied in City Hall Park?  There is no uptick in Gun violence?  I hope your right. 

M8

Florida had twice the number of murders than New York State (1107 vs 569) in 2018. 

Between that and the virus, you'd be safer sailing sailing out of NY/NJ. 

For the record, the crime wave in FL never stopped me from sailing from there. 😇

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

But the higher number of points is what drives the solo spouse to a higher tier. Getting points by marriage exasperates that problem. To really blow your mind, once you have 340 points, the solo supplement drops to 150%  And the really crazy point accumulation is to put one spouse in a suite solo and have the other one become a 3rd passenger in another couples cabin. 

Personally,  I have around 600 points, but Laura has 1200. But I was D+ before solo bonus kicked in. 

Would you mind explaining that more clearly - It sounds fascinating. but I can't get my head around how it works. Thanks

16 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Would you mind explaining that more clearly - It sounds fascinating. but I can't get my head around how it works. Thanks

An interesting way to work the point system.

5 hours ago, compman9 said:

Would you mind explaining that more clearly - It sounds fascinating. but I can't get my head around how it works.

You need some friends on the sailing who would be willing to book you as the third person in their room. Otherwise it works just as described and of course you don't stay in the friends' cabin, you stay in the suite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

An interesting way to work the point system.

And it doesn't have to be by marriage. There are those C&A members who by virtue of the "significant other" designation have shared their status several times. Royal has not done a great job catching up with these people as well as those who pass off someone as their significant other.  Perhaps, in the future they will monitor this more closely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

.Otherwise it works just as described and of course you don't stay in the friends' cabin, you stay in the suite.

Hopefully, the tip is adjusted accordingly. 😉

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

More like maximizing the benefit😇

Wouldn't that be maximizing an amenity since you are in a suite? 😇😉

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2020 at 1:00 AM, Ashland said:

How I text is none of your business and if you don't like it don't bother responding... just change lanes and move on...

But if you think it is let me just say it's a bit easier for these senior eyes to see it...and always appreciate those that do. 

Thanks so much for your helpful post, it added so much to the discussion :classic_rolleyes:

Just consider the source...Another Critic. :classic_rolleyes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1