The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

8 hours ago, TRIPACIAN said:

An interesting thing happened to us last night.  We were at a local restaurant in Austin, and during our meal a waiter came up to my wife and said "you sailed on Crystal."  Of course we struck up a conversation and he worked on the Symphony from 2015 until the ship was shut down in March 2020.

That is amazing! So glad he is doing well!

34 minutes ago, oakridger said:

That looks so nice!  I love lakes like that. I've only been to Switzerland at the Zurich airport.  Still hoping to get there to really see the area on land.

~Nancy

Switzerland is such a beautiful country Nancy! And they have a fantastic train system. And the Swiss people are so friendly 🤩. I hope you can make it one day. Plan at least one week and concentrate on one region. We have been coming in the last years every year to do some hiking. This year we are in the Bernese highlands. 
Ivi

Hi Ivi.  I was actually thinking of visiting by train so I can see all the sights.  I love to drive but obviously miss out on seeing everything if I'm watching the road as I should.  My land travel style is also to concentrate on one area for at least several days.  I can't imagine ever taking an "If it's Tuesday it must be Belgium" type of trip!  I hope to get back to Europe as soon as all the airport/transport mess gets straightened out.  2023???

Enjoy your time there in Switzerland!

~Nancy   

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TRIPACIAN said:

We won’t be going back before our upcoming trip.  See you next week on the Silver Moon!

Currently on Silver Moon as a card-carrying Crystal refugee. Are you boarding July 29? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BEAV said:

Currently on Silver Moon as a card-carrying Crystal refugee. Are you boarding July 29? 

Brian, please contact me when you finish your cruise on the Silver Moon as I will be on the Silver Muse in November and it seems they are similar ships. xoxoxo

Patty

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BEAV said:

Will you still be there? I board July 29 too as part of the Crystal Refugee ballroom dance group. 

9 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Brian, please contact me when you finish your cruise on the Silver Moon as I will be on the Silver Muse in November and it seems they are similar ships. xoxoxo

Patty

Oh, pls put me on the list.  I like a lot about SS, but fear they tend to roll up the side walks after the main production show.  Love to be wrong.

OK.  So let's talk sports.

For those of you who are "American" Football Fans (this is real football) did you know the season started last night with the New England Patriots getting blown out by 23 points.

Oh, I am so sorry.  I am mistaken.

This was actually a baseball game.  It was the Boston Red Sox and they lost a close game to the Toronto Blue Jays by a score of 28 to 5.

When I say a close game I mean as it started it was 0 to 0.

Keith

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

For those of you who are "American" Football Fans (this is real football) did you know the season started last night with the New England Patriots getting blown out by 23 points.

This was actually a baseball game.  It was the Boston Red Sox and they lost a close game to the Toronto Blue Jays by a score of 28 to 5.

Keith

I wasn't going to mention it, but I will. Your "beloved" New York Yankees went 2 and 5 against the Astros for the regular season and by all rights it should have been 0 and 7!! 🤪😋☺️

Patty

Edited by Texas Tillie
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, TER777 said:

Will you still be there? I board July 29 too as part of the Crystal Refugee ballroom dance group. 

Sadly, I disembark on the 29th. 

But former Crystal CD Raphael is doing a great job making us refugees feel welcome over here. 

He leads trivia, too, so don’t miss that! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Oh, pls put me on the list.  I like a lot about SS, but fear they tend to roll up the side walks after the main production show.  Love to be wrong.

Fret not, Kenz. 

Last night in the disco in the wee hours. 

8593D391-31A2-4CF5-8F3B-229052242B01.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Keith

The Red Sox have over the years been tough on the Jays, so anytime the Jays administer a good old beat down on them is a good day!! I do have to admit that the "Inside the Park Grand Slam" was more than a little cringe-worthy to watch!!😁

Edited by Roland4

6 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

I wasn't going to mention it, but I will. Your "beloved" New York Yankees went 2 and 5 against the Astros for the regular season and by all rights it should have been 0 and 7!! 🤪😋☺️

Patty

Yes but we know Houston has the reputation for cheating.  Oh maybe not this year but...........

OK I'm running out of here now.  🥰

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Yes but we know Houston has the reputation for cheating.  Oh maybe not this year but...........

A little harder to do now that they communicate the signs by transmitter. Not impossible, but a lot harder!🙃😁

11 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Nothing better than the crowds booing Altuve, all 5'6" of him, and he just keeps smiling and proceeds to hit the first ball thrown out of the park!!

P.S. And if you think the other teams haven't "cheated", I've got a bridge to talk to you about buying!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I have a couple of observations.

This says Men working.  

Is this how men work?

IMG_0703.thumb.jpeg.8731b89de793405e39291af15cc8b5df.jpegIMG_0704.thumb.jpeg.1d33365f35e86357c64ad8eb1edf5506.jpeg

I ask because where are the men?  Maybe, having coffee.  Or maybe a beer.

My other question is if there was one or more women on the work crew would the sign still say men working?  🤔

I suspect if it said women working we might see some work getting done.

Keith

• Like 3