CL/SL future when cruising returns.

On 7/31/2020 at 5:33 PM, yogimax said:

Hey, it's a suggestion but RCCL will never get rid of D+.  They may rename it, but the uproar caused would destroy their marketing for years.

Yeah, why destroy the longest span of C&A level?   Going from Diamond plus to Pinnie...is a long...long road.  😮 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, why destroy the longest span of C&A level?   Going from Diamond plus to Pinnie...is a long...long road.  😮 

You will soon be Pinnacle. After waiting so long and abiding by the rules, you knew what it took to get there. Would you support D+ having access to all the things Pinnacle’s have?  SL/CK access. I’m pretty sure when you wanted that access, you booked a suite. 

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You will soon be Pinnacle. After waiting so long and abiding by the rules, you knew what it took to get there. Would you support D+ having access to all the things Pinnacle’s have?  SL/CK access. I’m pretty sure when you wanted that access, you booked a suite. 

I'll take a shot at a response. As Island Lady said, there's a long way from D+ to P,  a very long way.  It would be impractical to give all D+ access to SL/CK.  As you know, however, there are already added mini benefits as you progress up the D+ ladder, the last being at 525, which is an additional one bottle of wine or whatever.  Why not include those D+ at 525 or above to have some limited.exposure to P benefits.  This exposure provides an incentive to keep chasing after P.   

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I book suites because I like the bigger room and the amenities/perks that go with it.  Access to the lounges ...is not the reason I book suites.  Most of the time lately...we just have our HH wine on the balcony...using the lounge for my Latte in the morning, or after dinner drinks...don't care if it is the DL, CL or SL.  

"Pretty sure" eh?  Assuming again...bad habit you have there.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I'll take a shot at a response. As Island Lady said, there's a long way from D+ to P,  a very long way.  It would be impractical to give all D+ access to SL/CK.  As you know, however, there are already added mini benefits as you progress up the D+ ladder, the last being at 525, which is an additional one bottle of wine or whatever.  Why not include those D+ at 525 or above to have some limited.exposure to P benefits.  This exposure provides an incentive to keep chasing after P.   

Oh yeah, one of my favorite perks...that extra bottle of wine at 525.  😉 🍷

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Those particular D+ benefits at 525 and a bit below mean nothing to us...don't use any of them especially the wine.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Those particular benefits at 525 mean nothing to us...don't use any of them especially the wine.

I wonder if the loyalty ambassador has the flexibility to swap certain benefits for high D+?

Suite guests for the price premium they pay on Oasis and Quantum class and Pinnacles for their extreme RC loyalty deserve the exclusive benefits of CK and SL.

33 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Those particular D+ benefits at 525 and a bit below mean nothing to us...don't use any of them especially the wine.

I'm sure you will find a multitude of volunteers to take them off your hands!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Actually, with the crowds in CK, the opposite may be on the horizon. You may see limiting Pins to say 1050 or 1400 points

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CSHS1979 said:

Actually, with the crowds in CK, the opposite may be on the horizon. You may see limiting Pins to say 1050 or 1400 points

Maybe three or four years out.  When cruising resumes, though, a good percentage of Pins will not be back, either because of age or fear of becoming sick.  Also, no new Pins are now being generated, so the lounges will be significantly emptier.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I book suites because I like the bigger room and the amenities/perks that go with it.  Access to the lounges ...is not the reason I book suites.  Most of the time lately...we just have our HH wine on the balcony...using the lounge for my Latte in the morning, or after dinner drinks...don't care if it is the DL, CL or SL.  

"Pretty sure" eh?  Assuming again...bad habit you have there.  😉 

Don't you just love it when someone assumes what you are thinking or will say? Now speaking about HH wine. 😉🍷

25 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Maybe three or four years out.  When cruising resumes, though, a good percentage of Pins will not be back, either because of age or fear of becoming sick.  Also, no new Pins are now being generated, so the lounges will be significantly emptier.

Where are you getting this information about Pinnacles?  

• Thanks 1

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

Where are you getting this information about Pinnacles?  

Logic.

At some point, people stop cruising, usually when they get older.

Since there have been no new Pinnacles since the shut down, it is perfectly logical that there will be less Pinnacles when cruising resumes.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I wonder if the loyalty ambassador has the flexibility to swap certain benefits for high D+?

Suite guests for the price premium they pay on Oasis and Quantum class and Pinnacles for their extreme RC loyalty deserve the exclusive benefits of CK and SL.

On one particular cruise they gave us a specialty coffee option (we don't drink coffee) and we asked if it could be used for hot chocolate instead...beverage manager said NO to that swap :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Logic.

Since there have been no new Pinnacles since the shut down, it is perfectly logical that there will be less Pinnacles when cruising resumes.

Ah, just assumptions on your part. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Logic.

And what point would that be ? No new P's since shutdown...more than likely that's because no one is cruising. I know of several that would have become P's and will on their next cruise or two.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Ah, just assumptions on your part. 

Huh?  What am I "assuming?"

1. People eventually stop cruising because of age - that's a pretty logical assumption.

2. There have been no new Pinnacles since cruising stopped - that's a simple fact.

The conclusion follows.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

In normal times that would be correct.

I expect to see a number of changes because of Covid19 when cruising restarts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yogimax said:

1. People eventually stop cruising because of age - that's a pretty logical assumption.

2. There have been no new Pinnacles since cruising stopped - that's a simple fact.

The conclusion follows.

Have you ever been on a HAL ship or really looked around any ship at the top of the age range? 

You know what that say about "assuming" :classic_rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, yogimax said:

The conclusion follows.

Not all Pinnacles are old, we have met many young Pinnacles.  How do you know that the Pinnacles that typically avoid the lounges because of crowding will not now decide to go to the lounges instead of one of the bars?

You have no way of knowing what will happen until you are on a ship once cruising resumes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1