CL/SL future when cruising returns.

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And hopefully I like the people who have the balconies on either side of me.😊

We usually have been lucky but if they are noisy on their balcony I start singing and they soon go back indoors.😂🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Correct... and the "guidelines" clearly stated that D+ had access to the Concierge Lounge.  Seems like you think the "guidelines" only apply in one direction.

Please don't fall back on your standard "Terms and Conditions" response.  Try to come up with something new.

I actually agree...They took away (re-named) the CL why? They could have left it alone and continued to make it available to D+, P's and Suite's ...So it was the D+ that got left out of this change. Why was that the correct move ?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

But how can D+ have access so something that doesn't exist any longer? If it did I guess we would have access to it.

57 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

But how can D+ have access so something that doesn't exist any longer? If it did I guess we would have access to it.

Time to update the C&A benefits page & remove what D+ no longer get. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I actually agree...They took away (re-named) the CL why? They could have left it alone and continued to make it available to D+, P's and Suite's ...So it was the D+ that got left out of this change. Why was that the correct move ?

That, however, would have meant having three lounges. RCI came up with a way to appease the suite folks without using any more real estate.  Of course on V/F class ships it involved taking public space in the crown away from everyone to create the suite lounge.

RCI, mostly, has been much more focused on jamming more cabins into the ships. Now maybe they see the result of too many people being too close together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Time to update the C&A benefits page & remove what D+ no longer get. 

IT can't even delete booking availability for entire ships heading to the scap yard. I'm sure the C&A page is far from the top of the list of things to get around to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why does the groaning of a few have you on such a rampage against against us D+ folks? I would like to say that most of the D+ people that I have met on the ships are very nice. The problem with that is I don't really know the level of most people I talk to on the ships. 

Yes. I agree, most are nice. I said a few. 

M8

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

Huh?  What am I "assuming?"

1. People eventually stop cruising because of age - that's a pretty logical assumption.

2. There have been no new Pinnacles since cruising stopped - that's a simple fact.

The conclusion follows.

It is an assumption but its a safe assumption that you can take to the bank. 

I'd even add that many of the older Pins may choose not to cruise due to health concern/fears or sadly may not be of this world anymore. 

IMO. 

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Isn't that a Neil Diamond song? It's a long..long road, with many a winding turn that leads to who, who knows where.....

I don’t think that is Neil.  I think that is the Hollies.  

The road is long
With many a winding turn

That leads us to who knows where?
Who knows where?
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him

He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go
His welfare is my concern
No burden is he to bear

We'll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share?
And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all

8 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t think that is Neil.  I think that is the Hollies.  

The road is long
With many a winding turn

That leads us to who knows where?
Who knows where?
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him

So on we go
His welfare is my concern
No burden is he to bear

We'll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share?
And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all

Neil did it but I'm not sure if the Hollies did it first and he covered it.

Edit: looks like the Hollies did it in 1969 and Neil did it in 1970.

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

IT can't even delete booking availability for entire ships heading to the scap yard. I'm sure the C&A page is far from the top of the list of things to get around to.

They needed to do this well before COVID-19. 

8 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

You New Englanders think everything comes from you.... while I as a Midwesterner, know it probably came from the UK

jc

Hey, you bad talking us who even named ourselves after the epicenter of the UK?

5 hours ago, LorraineP said:

They needed to do this well before COVID-19. 

No disagreement from me.  Keeping certain parts of their website up to date, or correcting mistakes, has not been one if RCI's strong suits.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Everyone is egocentric.  That is why we don’t actually think and follow logic, we all flow from our bias centric views.  That is why even though logic always dictates, we come up with emotional answers to simple solvable problems.

Some of us are more guilty than others... ie those whose first thought is emotionally based

jc

10 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Everyone is egocentric.  That is why we don’t actually think and follow logic, we all flow from our bias centric views.  That is why even though logic always dictates, we come up with emotional answers to simple solvable problems.

Some of us are more guilty than others... ie those whose first thought is emotionally based

jc

I'm not going to argue with you in regard to the egocentricity.  You are absolutely correct and this is part of the problem for many of those who simply refuse to wear masks.  "I don't want to, so I won't."  Note, there is no thought of others, it's all based on 
"me."

I would also suggest a second factor, plain and simple politics.  You are right that many refuse to follow logic as well as science.  Why?  Because, if they did, it would directly challenge their political beliefs.  And, as you note, we react emotionally and our emotions often contradict logic as well as science.  Sadly, both of these faults have contributed to a worsening and lengthening of this pandemic.

• Like 1

So, as usual, you are completely wrong.  

Dude you need to take a chill pill.  Sanctimony is not helpful.  You are so assured you are right that you don’t see how wrong you are...  

People who disagree with you do it on the basis of science.  

You spout science, but have no clue about it.  

• Thanks 1

Wow this thread is still going, time to lock it down. I don’t care about D+ or P’s, although most of you are perfectly nice people, I will never be one. Just don’t take all the seats in the SL please

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, as usual, you are completely wrong.  

Dude you need to take a chill pill.  Sanctimony is not helpful.  You are so assured you are right that you don’t see how wrong you are...  

People who disagree with you do it on the basis of science.  

You spout science, but have no clue about it.  

Hey, I tried to shoot you some agreement but, for whatever reason, you continue to pursue an "argumentum ad hominem" agenda.  No problem my friend.  Get some rest!