Please stop the Suite/Tier Negativity

15 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Wait...I assume you're not referring to D+ members as "crap"...because we definitely lost out when the CL were renamed.

Not referring to anyone as crap.

Crap, in this example is change. Bad news, if you will. It has a deeper impact the further down the food chain

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Certainly you’re not suggesting those that book Suites should sail Celebrity. Just asking because I have heard that on here before. 

M8

One would assume that Royal expected the upper tiers of C&A to book Celebrity 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I think the quality of the food went down when they went to MTD, improved the evening Jammer, and traditional dinner changed its importance

I hope they continue to improve the WJ...it's where we have preferred to dine during our last several cruise's.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ashland said:

No only RCI can "determine" that...However...we can certainly express our disappointment at losing perks that were once available to us...like the CL for D+....Now renaming them to SL's and allowing us no access. That was a loss to all the loyal D+ members that opt to sail in JS's or below. Sorry you don't understand that feeling.

I thought you were doing suites primarily 

3 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Then how would you explain the decline in MDR food quality on ships that have no Suites Dining Room ?  IMO, the decline in MDR quality (which I totally believe to be true) had nothing to do with Suites in any way.  It is just corporate-wide cost-cutting decision.  I hear they’re putting together new menus. Maybe it will “come back” to previous standards.

My wild guess is that the new menus will include more limited offerings due to cost cutting + fewer guests per sailing + increased sanitation in the galley reducing its capacity.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I had a great time in our inside cabin almost 30 years ago. 😉

One of our first cruises on Azure of the Sea's our inside cabin was actually under water and people had to walk past it to get to the disco...We thought we were living the life ... and we were...it started our addiction to cruising :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pratique said:

My wild guess is that the new menus will include more limited offerings due to cost cutting + fewer guests per sailing + increased sanitation in the galley reducing its capacity.

Less choices might be nice, if they had a few good primary offerings.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

One of our first cruises on Azure of the Sea's our inside cabin was actually under water and people had to walk past it to get to the disco...We thought we were living the life ... and we were...it started our addiction to cruising :classic_biggrin:

Ours was a tiny upper/lower inside on Carnivale. It was a few years before we tried again

16 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I hope they continue to improve the WJ...it's where we have preferred to dine during our last several cruise's.

Big fan of the jammers set up with pasta or stir fry stations

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We love the WJ. That won't change at all if we no longer self serve. We have had amazing conversations with crew members either working there or stopping by. There is more flexibility for WJ workers to chat depending on how busy it is. Apart from the beauty of the ocean itself, those are the highlights of the cruises for us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

We love the WJ. That won't change at all if we no longer self serve. We have had amazing conversations with crew members either working there or stopping by. There is more flexibility for WJ workers to chat depending on how busy it is. Apart from the beauty of the ocean itself, those are the highlights of the cruises for us.

People always think it's a big deal to eat with the captain...well he's usually eating late in the WJ and we've had many of them stop by our table to just say hello.

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

People always think it's a big deal to eat with the captain...well he's usually eating late in the WJ and we've had many of them stop by our table to just say hello.

We had a really neat conversation one night with a WJ Chef. They probably don't hear very often from guests how much they are appreciated, and they all seem to welcome talking about their home countries, life there, families. I treasure those conversations. Also, I love talking to people whose primary language isn't English. Accents delight me, a joy of mine since childhood.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

Most captains have totally abandoned the dining room, but we haven't seen them in the WJ

Just now, yogimax said:

Why?

Many large tables and lots of people. The speed or lack of while dinning. Busy. We like a less crowded area with smaller table seating. Unless we are with friends, we prefer to sit alone. Boss, she sees lots of people everyday, listens, and advises. When we cruise, it’s to get away from schedules. The MDR setting is just not enjoyable to us. 

M8

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Many large tables and lots of people. The speed or lack of while dinning. Busy. We like a less crowded area with smaller table seating. Unless we are with friends, we prefer to sit alone. Boss, she sees lots of people everyday, listens, and advises. When we cruise, it’s to get away from schedules. The MDR setting is just not enjoyable to us. 

M8

Interesting... we actually agree, but our solutions are different.  We also prefer to sit alone for dinner.   Our solution is to choose MTD.  We will choose a table for two and then tell the waiters we need to leave in an hour or so for a show.  That takes care of the slow service.  If you know anything about tables for two in MTD, you will know they are somewhat close to one another.  If we want to, we can chat with the folks at the next table.  If not, fine.  Most of the friendships we make on a cruise will be in CL (oops, now gone,) or DL

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Most captains have totally abandoned the dining room, but we haven't seen them in the WJ

Well we all care about where the captain eats.... NOT.

I have eaten with the captain multiple times, and it was a lot of fun.  Every time I was not eating with the captain, it never entered my mind to think where is he eating now?  

I, also didn’t wonder where the lead dancer ate or the hotel manager or the....  Don’t care.  They are all just people working for a living.  I appreciate that!

jc

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

We feel the same...after 47 years together. We're low key, keep to ourselves and ask for very little from anyone...most don't even know we're onboard and we like it that way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Big fan of the jammers set up with pasta or stir fry stations

We agree!

We love the stir fry.  That will be our whole meal.  It was sometimes called "Mongolian Barbecue."  On some ships, it is only once or twice a week.  We will always ask and usually have to ask a few of the crew before getting an answer.