Please stop the Suite/Tier Negativity

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

We actually like the progressive when we sail with extended family...There's always one of us who isn't interested in going off ship into one of the ports....usually it's our youngest adult DS and he's a trivia whiz. Thanks to him we've come in first many times. And yes...those prizes are usually the best.

I also have a box of useless prizes and some I have absolutely used...like those old bi-fold blue document holder's...I still use them every time I cruise.

In my experience,  you rarely see Progressive rounds on port days. And lately the time is late morning, so it screws up your day, 

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You forgot zipper pulls 😉

I really wanted the zipper pulls! I had tried and tried to get them. I was just overjoyed when I was able to win them at a game on Navigator. I have them on my jackets...but you may not wear that many jackets. :classic_biggrin: I also would like to win the office supplies. I know it is weird, but I really like office supplies. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I really wanted the zipper pulls! I had tried and tried to get them. I was just overjoyed when I was able to win them at a game on Navigator. I have them on my jackets...but you may not wear that many jackets. :classic_biggrin:

You ever get the NorthStar bag

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

Nope. Lots of bags and back packs, but we have never been on a ship with NorthStar. 

You don't need to be on a Quantum ship to get one. Its a nylon bag that stuffs into a little ball shaped bag.  Its cute

14 hours ago, UnorigionalName said:

how!!! Like some of the most universally appreciated food... boggles my mind, man, feel a little bad for you all missing out on good food.

At the end of the day,like many things in life,what is or isn't good food is a matter of opinion however universally appreciated it is!

Edited by snaefell

37 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How did you know this?  She let you know?

M8

I don’t know who exactly showed me a picture of her cheat list.  That was back in the days of huge roll calls, where you actually met the people in the roll call.  We went to several cabins for parties as it was a TA, and I was describing the painful dinner (the painful part was her pushing to be the center of Captain Rick’s attention on the upside we didn’t care to be and made friends with his friend from merchant marine college days), and someone who was also a Pin showed me some pictures on her phone of the lady in question and her sheets of paper with a list of answers.  She had a very clear picture, apparently she was not liked by the trivia regulars.  Or something like that it was 13 years ago.  Not that I would play trivia anyway because I was never a fan of trivial pursuit, and other similar games.  This was before I was sold on the FlowRider.  

It kind of sealed my opinion of this kind of stuff.  I will, also proudly exclaim that while back in the day they used to give away t shirts and stuff for doing activities (can’t remember what they called it - don’t care) like the rock wall or working out or whatever. That while I did the stuff, I never claimed any of the stuff.  

O, it looks like you were actually asking about her bazillion cruises or her brow beaten husband.  She clearly shared with anyone who had a moment talking to her.  As to her brow beaten husband, that appeared obvious, as he didn’t say hardly a word to anyone and had a pained expression on his face.  Could have been indigestion. 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

O, it looks like you were actually asking about her bazillion cruises or her brow beaten husband.  She clearly shared with anyone who had a moment talking to her.

Yes. Thanks. Sorta what I figured. Never understood why this seems to be a thing in some of the CL’s we have frequented. 

M8

13 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I will, also proudly exclaim that while back in the day they used to give away t shirts and stuff for doing activities (can’t remember what they called it - don’t care) like the rock wall or working out or whatever. That while I did the stuff, I never claimed any of the stuff.

If I remember correctly those were called "Ship Shape" activities and you collected "Ship Shape" dollars that you exchanged for T-shirts and other stuff.  That's what my daughter and I did for amusement before the Flowrider.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

If I remember correctly those were called "Ship Shape" activities and you collected "Ship Shape" dollars that you exchanged for T-shirts and other stuff.  That's what my daughter and I did for amusement before the Flowrider.  

We would do that on Holland. Got a cool windbreaker that lasted about 10 years before Laura threw what was left of it out.

As I recall, you could earn them for eating healthy. Luckily,  the waiters didn't hold you to it🤣🤣

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not at condo, not sure about OTOW yet. Still on lockdown for the most part

First time you've OTOW (that I've seen anyway).  Was never sure where you finally bought.  I assume you're enjoying it there.  Any cautions ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We've asked for so many things over the years

Hot fries

Lamb chops

Stir fry

Ginger

Horseradish 

Honey

They seem eager to help

I agree.  I have asked for walnuts for the oatmeal...and one ship even toasted them!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

First time you've OTOW (that I've seen anyway).  Was never sure where you finally bought.  I assume you're enjoying it there.  Any cautions ?

Having a good time so far, to early to see any cautions

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t know who exactly showed me a picture of her cheat list.  That was back in the days of huge roll calls, where you actually met the people in the roll call.  We went to several cabins for parties as it was a TA, and I was describing the painful dinner (the painful part was her pushing to be the center of Captain Rick’s attention on the upside we didn’t care to be and made friends with his friend from merchant marine college days), and someone who was also a Pin showed me some pictures on her phone of the lady in question and her sheets of paper with a list of answers.  She had a very clear picture, apparently she was not liked by the trivia regulars.  Or something like that it was 13 years ago.  Not that I would play trivia anyway because I was never a fan of trivial pursuit, and other similar games.  This was before I was sold on the FlowRider.  

It kind of sealed my opinion of this kind of stuff.  I will, also proudly exclaim that while back in the day they used to give away t shirts and stuff for doing activities (can’t remember what they called it - don’t care) like the rock wall or working out or whatever. That while I did the stuff, I never claimed any of the stuff.  

O, it looks like you were actually asking about her bazillion cruises or her brow beaten husband.  She clearly shared with anyone who had a moment talking to her.  As to her brow beaten husband, that appeared obvious, as he didn’t say hardly a word to anyone and had a pained expression on his face.  Could have been indigestion. 😉

I did a b2b and they did same trivia. I won but admitted I had the answers from the previous week so they took the prize and gave it to someone else.

But if you do a b2b and wrote down the answers the first week and they repeat the same trivia. Not that hard to win. 

I agree, people cheat on those trivia contests though. They already have the answers to the questions. 

We had someone cheat on Name that Tune, he knew the songs from his last cruise and would hit the buzzer on the first note!  Apparently, it is too hard for the staff to change up the songs.  His team also kept winning all the trivia.  On a happier note, we have quite a few North Star thingys 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Yes...I have a couple of those yellow "Ship Shape" t-shirts...very vintage...my adult son where's them on occasion onboard.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We had someone cheat on Name that Tune, he knew the songs from his last cruise and would hit the buzzer on the first note!  Apparently, it is too hard for the staff to change up the songs.  His team also kept winning all the trivia.  On a happier note, we have quite a few North Star thingys 👍

We've been on cruises where it was pretty obvious that a group was doing the second leg of a B2B.  When they cheat, it ruins the fun for everyone.  I remember that once, and only once, did the activities person call out the cheaters.

A simple solution is to change the test every sailing, but I guess some are simply too lazy to do it.

• Thanks 1

We attended the Liar’s Club game on Serenade a few years ago. The couple sitting across from us was using their cell phone to look up answers. It was really humorous watching the wife trying to keep her phone out of sight as she typed in the question.  They won lovely keychains.🤣

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Haha 1