Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

15 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

WOW!  $8500 for the cheapest balcony stateroom?  That's with the D+ discount.  Cheapest OV going for $6K.   Cheapest interior for $5428. 🍷

Prices are very high.  JS is $1700 more than my booking for 2020 Brilliance Northern TA

37 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Group space with a TA would be refundable and less than the NRD.

Good to know.  Thanks 🙂

Not booking anything now...but if Aug, Dec and even next March don't end up happening, then may look at summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

I did this sailing on the Serenade in 2018, but I don’t remember it being this high, and I was sailing solo. 

I was on the Legend of the Seas sailing from Oslo in 2014 and just checked my guest invoice and I paid a total of $849 solo for that years 14 day TA.  I did book a GTY cabin just a few weeks out though.

That one had an overnight in Reykjavik that arrived early AM and that is something I would miss.  It was great the way they had the booked rental cars just waiting in the port upon the ship's arrival. 

I am glad to see that Voyager is doing the Boston Canada season!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That northern TA is different in that I think it's the biggest RCI ship to do such an itinerary.

That's exactly what I said to my husband after I booked it.  I don't recall ever seeing anything larger than a Radiance class ship doing an itin like this.  It's pricey but we've never been to any of those ports, including Copenhagen, so I'm really excited about this one.

Saw the new ships posted today for Fall 2022 TA...but nothing yet for Allure out of Barcelona (we are doing last B2B in Oct.).  Am hoping to score same cabin for upcoming west bound TA.  

Called D+ desk...she didn't have anything showing yet either.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MADflyer said:

I was on the Legend of the Seas sailing from Oslo in 2014 and just checked my guest invoice and I paid a total of $849 solo for that years 14 day TA.  I did book a GTY cabin just a few weeks out though.

That one had an overnight in Reykjavik that arrived early AM and that is something I would miss.  It was great the way they had the booked rental cars just waiting in the port upon the ship's arrival. 

I am glad to see that Voyager is doing the Boston Canada season!

I paid $3400 for 16 night on the Serenade in 2018 for an interior. We also had an overnight in Reykjavik, but we didn’t get there until 2pm.

If it wasn’t so pricey this time, I would think about doing it again. One of my favorite cruises.

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That northern TA is different in that I think it's the biggest RCI ship to do such an itinerary.

I thought I read something a few days ago by chengkp75 that large ships would not be able to port in Greenland due to new regulations. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

Saw the new ships posted today for Fall 2022 TA...but nothing yet for Allure out of Barcelona (we are doing last B2B in Oct.).  Am hoping to score same cabin for upcoming west bound TA.  

Called D+ desk...she didn't have anything showing yet either.  

Though there is still Phase II to be posted yet. Hate waiting myself, always have at least one Cruise not released until April/May. Then just few years ago we didnt even have single release yet. Good Luck Hunting!!!

Edited by ONECRUISER

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Forgot when each phase is, and what they involve...will check again next week.  

Never know yr to yr on some my Cruises, under different weeks/titles. Then Phase II is TBA. At least 3 weeks a yr loose sleep several nites during Release week. Like last nite, posted middle of nite and I was up! Don't want miss scoring one of 2 choice Cabins on my sailings. It's worth it to me

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Never know yr to yr on some my Cruises, under different weeks/titles. Then Phase II is TBA. At least 3 weeks a yr loose sleep several nites during Release week. Like last nite, posted middle of nite and I was up! Don't want miss scoring one of 2 choice Cabins on my sailings. It's worth it to me

I am just trying to keep same cabin to match up with our two loops around the Med on Allure end of October.  Hoping to score that cabin for staying on for the west bound TA in 2022.  This is a retry of what we lost his year.  😞  If can't do it...will shuffle to another cabin.  I really don't like moving cabin to cabin doing B2Bs.  

Will work on rebooking what we lost for Aussie trip (which we would have been on right now) for early 2023 when it comes out.  

Just now, island lady said:

I am just trying to keep same cabin to match up with our two loops around the Med on Allure end of October.  Hoping to score that cabin for staying on for the west bound TA in 2022.  This is a retry of what we lost his year.  😞  If can't do it...will shuffle to another cabin.  I really don't like moving cabin to cabin doing B2Bs.  

Will work on rebooking what we lost for Aussie trip (which we would have been on right now) for early 2023 when it comes out.  

Yeah for me it's same Aft/Corner Cabin on these longer B2B Cruises. Feel for you, would been great B6B? for you. Lost three B4B so far and 19 Canceled Cruises(so Far). Do have a Fall 2021 B7B(we'll see). In case also have Spring 2022 B6B all in same Cabin, my first EU and TA. All these scored Good to Great Rates w/discounts. Currently waiting for Fall 2022 to Spring 2023 Longer Caribbean to Book, looks like no longer Boston/Florida Repo on Brilliance Class for me next yr...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Can see 9 night Canada N/E Sept 2022 out of Cape Liberty on Freedom. Will the Oct sailings be released next week ? I'm hoping to change from my Oct 2021 to Oct 2022.

Whoops it's on Adventure not Freedom...sorry.

28 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Can see 9 night Canada N/E Sept 2022 out of Cape Liberty on Freedom. Will the Oct sailings be released next week ? I'm hoping to change from my Oct 2021 to Oct 2022.

I was hoping the Anthem would return to Cape Liberty and do the 9 nite N/E Canada as they have done i past years.  I guess Anthem is going to stay in Europe until the late fall.  Bummer.

22 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

I was hoping the Anthem would return to Cape Liberty and do the 9 nite N/E Canada as they have done i past years.  I guess Anthem is going to stay in Europe until the late fall.  Bummer.

It really makes no difference to me which ship. Our last Canada N/E out of Cape Liberty was Anthem not too crazy happy about this class for some reason. We've also done these similar ports on a Snowbird out of Quebec on Adventure so that ship would be fine again. 

52 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

Anthem is returning from Europe on 17 October. It's a 12 night itinerary arriving in Cape Liberty on the 29th. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ashland said:

It really makes no difference to me which ship. Our last Canada N/E out of Cape Liberty was Anthem not too crazy happy about this class for some reason. We've also done these similar ports on a Snowbird out of Quebec on Adventure so that ship would be fine again. 

Actually I prefer the Adventure to the Freedom.  I like the Coastal Kitchen on the Anthem and their CL, although the CL is allllll the way aft, almost another zip code!  

1 hour ago, torpeedo said:

Actually I prefer the Adventure to the Freedom.  I like the Coastal Kitchen on the Anthem and their CL, although the CL is allllll the way aft, almost another zip code!  

The only thing I liked about Anthem was the CL even though it was really aft the views were amazing and the fact that it had it's own restroom. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I thought I read something a few days ago by chengkp75 that large ships would not be able to port in Greenland due to new regulations. 

It was mentioned in the below thread.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Given that Princess, HAL, Celebrity, MSC and many smaller cruise lines all have ships visiting Greenland in 2022 they all know something the chief doesn’t. 

And NCL as well. I have a booking on NCL Star in August 2022 visiting Greenland and Iceland, so I am curious to read all the details mentioned by the chief.

17 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah for me it's same Aft/Corner Cabin on these longer B2B Cruises. Feel for you, would been great B6B? for you. Lost three B4B so far and 19 Canceled Cruises(so Far). Do have a Fall 2021 B7B(we'll see). In case also have Spring 2022 B6B all in same Cabin, my first EU and TA. All these scored Good to Great Rates w/discounts. Currently waiting for Fall 2022 to Spring 2023 Longer Caribbean to Book, looks like no longer Boston/Florida Repo on Brilliance Class for me next yr...

Was to be a B8B.  Boarding Serenade in Sydney on 2/5 and staying on until Vancouver until 5/16.  Visiting Tasmania, circumnavigate Australia, both north and south island NZ, islands in the SP, Hawaii 5 islands, then TP to Vancouver.  First 7 legs cancelled by RCI, last leg not cancelled officially.  Refused to make final payment, cancelled myself on final payment day.  

Yeah, not a fun year.  Was 29 cruises to date cancelled for me, and not looking good for the two I have booked for this coming May.  Assuming they are headed to chopping block next.  

I am staying local for another year.  First international will be Allure in Oct. 2022.  Drive to ports of my local PC, plus Tampa, and Ft. Lauderdale scheduled during the next year.  No hotels or flights to cancel that way.  😉 

• Like 1