What is included with Std. Bev Package on Azamara?

WesternBroncoCruiser

4 hours ago, WesternBroncoCruiser said:

This PDF shows the upgrades, are standard spirits just house brands, or are they name brands?

https://www.azamara.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/beverage_onboard_flyer_jan_2020_web.pdf

This is a list of the included spirits, which I think is what you are asking?  

Phil

05F05B9F-2861-443F-8D71-700F0AF1609F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Cutty Sark Whiskey was replaced with Famous Grouse on the included list which was a improvement.

And being pedantic it’s whisky 😀😀. I’d worry though if that standard whisky was considered an upgrade 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

And being pedantic it’s whisky 😀😀. I’d worry though if that standard whisky was considered an upgrade 🤣🤣

I was copying from the list which I know is the American spelling not the Scottish.

I do considered Famous Grouse to be an improvement on Cutty Sark, but I agree that neither can ever be considered has a upgrade.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, uktog said:

Well, piling on the pedantic theme, here in Kentucky its Scotch whisky and bourbon whiskey. And that's how it appears on bar menus!

And Jim Beam White Label, which is what is referred to on the Azamara list, is abysmal. If you walk into a bar here and the well bourbon is Jim Beam White, you should just walk away. Jim Beam Black Label, on the other hand (likely not available across the pond), is a magnificent bargain.

5 hours ago, NC&KY said:

Well, piling on the pedantic theme, here in Kentucky its Scotch whisky and bourbon whiskey. And that's how it appears on bar menus!

And Jim Beam White Label, which is what is referred to on the Azamara list, is abysmal. If you walk into a bar here and the well bourbon is Jim Beam White, you should just walk away. Jim Beam Black Label, on the other hand (likely not available across the pond), is a magnificent bargain.

On the other hand, the Premium package upgrade bourbon, Woodford Reserve, is considered the ne plus ultra by my bourbon-drinking friends [which may explain why there isn't a bourbon listed on the Ultimate package]

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

On the other hand, the Premium package upgrade bourbon, Woodford Reserve, is considered the ne plus ultra by my bourbon-drinking friends [which may explain why there isn't a bourbon listed on the Ultimate package]

Actually, on our March (extended) Pursuit cruise of South America, there were two bourbons in the Ultimate Package . . . Bulleit and Maker's. My preference was the Woodford, which I consider a few steps above either Bulleit or Maker's.

Azamara Premium Beverage Package.jpg

Azamara Ultimate Beverage Package.jpg

40 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Strange, all the pictures of the beverage packages are so different.  I expected the wine selections to vary from cruise to cruise, but not the booze.

All packages are affected by what part of the world the ship is in and the supplies they can access.  I have seen several different gins onboard for example as some could not be got in some parts of the world.  South America is one place they have to make a lot of adjustments 

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, BuckGood said:

I swear I got Manhattan and Martinis on our last 16 night cruise 3 years ago! 

You will have got them with the included spirits - the cocktail list is not exhaustive.

Let's not start the included tonic debate again however...

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2020 at 6:09 AM, atlgators said:

Just curious.  How much are drinks by the glass?  For instance, a Bombay Sapphire Martini or a Woodford on the Rocks?

Thanks!  

We were on the standard package and in the evenings DH would have a Rusty Nail (scotch and drambuie) and the check was for $8.00.  The check also included a space for a tip, which DH gave one as he signed it.  But after a couple of days the bartender knew our room and charged him without the need for keycard or ticket.  I reminded DH that tips are included in the price of the drink.

Next cruise I will buy a package for DH and not for me since I don't drink much.  (I didn't even think to ask on our first cruise if a package could be for only one person in the cabin).

He did have nice martinis that were part of the standard package/

22 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

We were on the standard package and in the evenings DH would have a Rusty Nail (scotch and drambuie) and the check was for $8.00.  The check also included a space for a tip, which DH gave one as he signed it.  But after a couple of days the bartender knew our room and charged him without the need for keycard or ticket.  I reminded DH that tips are included in the price of the drink.

Next cruise I will buy a package for DH and not for me since I don't drink much.  (I didn't even think to ask on our first cruise if a package could be for only one person in the cabin).

He did have nice martinis that were part of the standard package/

Thanks!  Just what I wanted to know.  It looks like if we wanted 2 or more premium drinks per day, it would pay to upgrade to a package. Otherwise not.  

For info, if you haven’t got OBC and are taking a cruise of 14 days or more it’s worth looking at the Experience More packages https://www.azamara.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/experience-more-packages

These are really good value for longer cruises, especially if you’re not in a suite and are at a lower level of Azamara Circle (loyalty programme). They include drinks packages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, harbourside said:

Myers Dark is listed in the Premium Package, not included in the standard package. Planters Punch no longer in the included cocktail list but they have Pina Colada which should included dark rum but probably only made with white rum.

Yes, I think they will make it with the white included from memory. I don't have a huge range of cocktails that I drink. It's mainly very plain vodka Martini. My friends who like Piña Coladas will tell you their taste quality is very much dependent upon who makes it and how good they are wth the mix. 

Phil 

34 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes, I think they will make it with the white included from memory. I don't have a huge range of cocktails that I drink. It's mainly very plain vodka Martini. My friends who like Piña Coladas will tell you their taste quality is very much dependent upon who makes it and how good they are wth the mix. 

Phil 

And if Dale makes them, make sure you have a sun lounger for the snooze after 🙂 🙂 🙂 His taste so lovely, refreshing and innocent until you try and stand up

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

I am looking at the new Onward itineraries.  For a limited amount of time bookings come with a premium drinks package. When I looked at it the list was booze and not wine. Is it possible to get a glass of upgraded wine or is that not permitted?

I did a search on this forum but my query words may have been wrong

Thanks

23 minutes ago, MNgardens said:

I am looking at the new Onward itineraries.  For a limited amount of time bookings come with a premium drinks package. When I looked at it the list was booze and not wine. Is it possible to get a glass of upgraded wine or is that not permitted?

I did a search on this forum but my query words may have been wrong

Thanks

Upgraded wines by the glass only come with the Ultimate Beverage Package, the Premium Package gives you better spirits and beers.

• Thanks 1