What is included with Std. Bev Package on Azamara?

WesternBroncoCruiser

1 hour ago, MNgardens said:

Thanks. We have wine drinkers not spirits and beer drinkers so this isn't a perk with value for us.  I appreciate the quick answer.

You're better off buying wine by the bottle rather than paying for a beverage package.  Any bottle that you don't finish at a meal will be kept and can be delivered to any dining venue on the ship.

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

Can we bring wine onboard?  If so what is the corkage charge to bring it to the MDR.  We found the included wines to be extremely disappointing.  

You can bring aboard as much wine as you like. The corkage charge is $10 a bottle in all public rooms.No charge if you drink it in your cabin.

Who knows?, all information is now out of date it could all be totally different once cruising starts up again.

Even the beverage packages and included drinks may be totally different along with prices.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

How can we get the list?

The included wines, in the past, changed every day.  2 red, 2 white, 1 rose, 1 sparkling. In addition, they would sometimes be able to provide a wine from the previous day, but that was variable.

We've always found something satisfactory from the included selection, and they are often locally sourced.

• Like 3

I was impressed that they offered two red wines and two white wines, I did not know until reading this post that they also offered a sparkling and a rose. 

And yes, things could all change with the new owner.  I do wish things would change with the beverage plans.  As I have stated before, I am not a fan of these because there seems to be many different "if-then-else" rules.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

I was impressed that they offered two red wines and two white wines, I did not know until reading this post that they also offered a sparkling and a rose. 

And yes, things could all change with the new owner.  I do wish things would change with the beverage plans.  As I have stated before, I am not a fan of these because there seems to be many different "if-then-else" rules.

We were on NCL and had a beverage package.  There was only one wine in each category and it was a very cheap wine.

17 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We were on NCL and had a beverage package.  There was only one wine in each category and it was a very cheap wine.

I don't know when you sailed NCL, but in our (at least) 10 sailings with a beverage package there, every drink under a $15 cost was included.  

Which meant dozens of wines were included. On this list of about 40 wines, only about 4 or 5 would not qualify for the drink package. 

NCL Wine list

3 hours ago, ECCruise said:

I don't know when you sailed NCL, but in our (at least) 10 sailings with a beverage package there, every drink under a $15 cost was included.  

Which meant dozens of wines were included. On this list of about 40 wines, only about 4 or 5 would not qualify for the drink package. 

NCL Wine list

We went in 2016 out of Manhattan.  We had a completely different wine list.

20 minutes ago, uktog said:

Hope you are aware, they certainly will not on Azamara

My brother (above photo in the red shirt), tried to wear shorts the first on our Princess cruise.  He was turned away.  On formal night he wore a hoodie (I guess to show them)!

20190429_191641.jpg

Edited by KevintheIrishDJ

5 hours ago, ECCruise said:

NCL Wine list

That’s an interesting wine list from the perspective of pairing the right wine with the food you're eating.  I printed  it out just for that purpose.

thanks.

A quick question, I will upgrade to the ultimate package because I like to 

enjoy a single malt. However, if I wanted a nice glass of bubbly would 

I just pay the difference in price.

For example the included sparkling wine is say $14 per glass but the better one is 

$18, will I be charged $4 or $18

thanks 

Steve

5 minutes ago, swigso said:

A quick question, I will upgrade to the ultimate package because I like to 

enjoy a single malt. However, if I wanted a nice glass of bubbly would 

I just pay the difference in price.

For example the included sparkling wine is say $14 per glass but the better one is 

$18, will I be charged $4 or $18

thanks 

Steve

I'm pretty sure that you will pay the full amount rather than the difference. I had this issue with vodka that wasn't on the Ultimate list. 

Phil 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm pretty sure that you will pay the full amount rather than the difference. I had this issue with vodka that wasn't on the Ultimate list. 

Phil 

Thank you for your prompt reply, I thought that was the case I will upgrade but 

I am not a big fan of Azamara’s  drink packages, but never mind I just cannot wait to go on our Transatlantic in November. 

If we have the basic package and want to enjoy a favorite upgraded drink with dinner, do we have to pay the price of the drink, or just the difference between a standard price drink and premium price drink?