Cruising at Christmas

Holland America has already cancelled departures through December 15th.  I strongly suspect other lines will follow suit.

I had a December 26th departure from Port Canaveral on NCL for my whole family, and we cancelled that a month ago.  Even if it did by some miracle go, I don't want to spend all that money and a holiday stressing over a safe and healthy voyage. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

Nope, that’s why I booked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lift and Sift it to next year to keep your price?  When cruises halted in March, we booked a Christmas cruise thinking no problem.  But based on current state and doubtful cruises will start up, we lifted and sifted to next year.  Saved a lot and we'll feel more comfortable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brenderlou said:

We booked a 12/24/20, 4 nt out of Ft Lauderdale. Curious as to what you think are the chances it sails?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know everyone on CC will say no way, but we are on that same Indy cruise and hoping against hope we actually get to go.  Until they tell me it is canceled, I will keep hope alive.

4 hours ago, karena1 said:

I know everyone on CC will say no way, but we are on that same Indy cruise and hoping against hope we actually get to go.  Until they tell me it is canceled, I will keep hope alive.

You have a better chance of being run over or getting the flu but you still have a chance.

Edited by Iamcruzin

I'm gonna go ahead and stoke the fires of hope with the OP.

If the Christmas cruises sail, it means my daughter will still be in school (in the building, I mean) and will be on the way to having a normal senior year with a prom and a graduation ceremony...And it means that she'll be able to have a normal freshman year in college next fall...And it means that my older daughter will be able to have her wedding that she had to postpone to next fall.

Cheers to hope!

• Like 2