Cruising at Christmas

With everyone saying no way I'll give an alternate answer and say......maybe. It all depends on if they can get the crew back in time. This is a 4 nighter after all and we've heard rumblings that shorter cruises will proceed first. Then again they also said the ships won't be full at the start so even if the cruise sails not everyone who booked will be able to sail. Furthermore we don't know if cruisers will have to self isolate for 14 days after returning. 

On second thought, yeah, there's zero chance this cruise happens. 

7 hours ago, Cutigerlady said:

We L&S'ed our holiday cruise to 2021 back in June....

I just L&S'ed our 2020 Xmas Holiday cruise to 2021.  the problem is because Xmas itself falls on a major embark / disembark day, there are very few cruises that are actually on the water over Xmas, only 2 I believe, so pickings are pretty slim.  Moving much before or after really defeats the purpose and most of those are so so much cheaper than an actual holiday cruise

I truely also believe no more cruises this year and probably not in early 2021 either.

3 hours ago, cruisegus said:

I just L&S'ed our 2020 Xmas Holiday cruise to 2021.  the problem is because Xmas itself falls on a major embark / disembark day, there are very few cruises that are actually on the water over Xmas, only 2 I believe, so pickings are pretty slim.  Moving much before or after really defeats the purpose and most of those are so so much cheaper than an actual holiday cruise

I truely also believe no more cruises this year and probably not in early 2021 either.

Not sure where you are looking but Christmas falls on a  Saturday and  the few ships that had regular departures on Saturdays had their regular itineraries changed.  All the ships are at sea on Christmas Day, there are none (at least of Royals ships) that have embarkation on Christmas Day 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

They could even raise the price to $25 and still be able to collect money hand over fist.

Or they could give the DX away...

1462846164_ScreenShot2020-08-20at5_13_37PM.png.3ced188b9bae82fe9cc83efd31fb78f6.png

My next three cruises are showing this.  I didn't buy it.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, momofmab said:

I'm gonna go ahead and stoke the fires of hope with the OP.

If the Christmas cruises sail, it means my daughter will still be in school (in the building, I mean) and will be on the way to having a normal senior year with a prom and a graduation ceremony...And it means that she'll be able to have a normal freshman year in college next fall...And it means that my older daughter will be able to have her wedding that she had to postpone to next fall.

Cheers to hope!

Apples to oranges Sorry!!

46 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If it sails, it will be a Christmas Miracle. 

That sums it up.   Other lines have cancelled through Dec 15.  Likely it will go beyond that.  Even if some ships sail after December 15 from the US it will be a limited number.  Waves of cancellations will continue.  Not like they are going to flip a switch and sail every ship December 16.....

On 8/19/2020 at 5:42 PM, karena1 said:

I know everyone on CC will say no way, but we are on that same Indy cruise and hoping against hope we actually get to go.  Until they tell me it is canceled, I will keep hope alive.

And I believe in the tooth fairy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mets123 said:

And I believe in the tooth fairy.

That is fine, you be a Debbie Downer, I believe in HOPE.  And I hurt no one by being positive instead of negative.  Makes life so much easier to be a 1/2 glass full kind of person than and empty glass kind of person.  To each his own.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, karena1 said:

That is fine, you be a Debbie Downer, I believe in HOPE.  And I hurt no one by being positive instead of negative.  Makes life so much easier to be a 1/2 glass full kind of person than and empty glass kind of person.  To each his own.

You will never survive with a half glass full in the desert. A half glass empty is a more realistic perception😛

4 hours ago, Kbonner said:

You will never survive with a half glass full in the desert. A half glass empty is a more realistic perception😛

I don't understand why someone who lives in Florida doesn't see the glass totally empty. The CDC is never going to approve US sailing from Florida with their rate of covid. They don't care if the numbers are real or fake or what news station is reporting it or who the covid virus is voting for.

4 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Not true, I will never live my life that way-had too many things happen over my lifetime to live with a negative attitude.  I stay as positive as possible every day of my life and try to live every day of my life to the fullest, as you never know what tomorrow will bring.

• Like 2

Not only do I think your chances are GREAT, we just booked  a Christmas & New Years Cruise on RC.  My opinion-- the corona & all the trappings attached to it disappear November 4th.  What do you have to lose by booking it now?  You'll get your $ back if cancelled and if you wait til November to book, there will be no room left at the inn. 

• Haha 1