In 10 days what will it be

drvmywifecrzy

6 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

yes we all know that . i think ppl are talking about oct-december . but now seems oct is out .  

According to www.winknews.com Florida's coronavirus statistics show the following statewide new cases:

Friday 9/28        3,815

Saturday 9/29   3,197

Sunday 9/30 (so far)   2,583

That's 9,595 new cases in the last three days. If anyone really believes the CDC is going to allow even short

cruises with reduced capacity with those kind of stats please tell me what you are smoking.

3 minutes ago, atanac said:

According to www.winknews.com Florida's coronavirus statistics show the following statewide new cases:

Friday 9/28        3,815

Saturday 9/29   3,197

That's 9,595 new cases in the last three days. If anyone really believes the CDC is going to allow even short

cruises with reduced capacity with those kind of stats please tell me what you are smoking.

Well i agree with you , Texas and florida handled this very poorly in may.   Possible would have seen a few start already there.  However the good news is the cases are decreasing. 

Edited by seaman11

And once again, numbers without data is useless.  They have a lower % of positive cases (Vs all tests given) then quite a few states.  Florida is currently under 6% of tests coming back positive.  That is a good job by them.  Data needs context.    Go here, look at the testing page and understand that they are doing much better by looking at the numbers in context:

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

BTW, my state (NC) by comparison is 7-8 percent, we just have way less tests being taken (and people), so our numbers look better if you take them out of context.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

quote...They have a lower % of positive cases (Vs all tests given) then quite a few states.  Florida is currently under 6% of tests coming back positive.  That is a good job by them.  

Regardless of how well Florida is doing they are still the predominate cruise port in the USA. Like the majority of people who populate Cruise Critic I want to get back on board too but I am a realist. Covid-19 is  still not in the rear view mirror, in fact you'd be hard pressed to suggest we aren't still driving through the center of it. Florida's new daily cases (which can evolve into full blown illness) is the baseline I'm sure the CDC will review before opening up cruises any time soon.

I believe any day now the CDC will issue a statement about their No Sail order and then all should be revealed regarding the last three months of this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

Did I miss it?  Hasn't the date for the update been and gone? 

The only thing I've seen is that the delayed final payment now applies to cruises upto 31st March 2021

Nope didn't miss it, you WILL know when it happens. That's guaranteed!!! LOL

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 2:51 PM, atanac said:

Friday 9/28        3,815

Saturday 9/29   3,197

Cases...with mostly zero symptoms....the narrative has been flipped...

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I’ll add that Florida cases appear to have peaked July 11th...

My poor mother in NY keeps seeing on the local news and in their newspaper that GA is completely out of control and cases are rising daily.  Here is the reality from the Georgia Dept. of Health site.  Sad how some news people use lies to sell their products.

Annotation 2020-09-01 140922.JPG

Edited by GA Dave
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

My poor mother in NY keeps seeing on the local news and in their newspaper that GA is completely out of control and cases are rising daily.  Here is the reality from the Georgia Dept. of Health site.  Sad how some news people use lies to sell their products.

Annotation 2020-09-01 140922.JPG

No doubt...I know people who have had positive and negative tests in the same week, and have gone back the next week and gotten the same.  Not sure how the numbers can be any where near correct....and just last week, the CDC said only 6% of so called Covid deaths are Covid only.  Make of that what you will.  

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

No doubt...I know people who have had positive and negative tests in the same week, and have gone back the next week and gotten the same.  Not sure how the numbers can be any where near correct....and just last week, the CDC said only 6% of so called Covid deaths are Covid only.  Make of that what you will.  

This virus definitely prays on those that have weak immune systems due to conditions such as lung disease, diabetes, liver disease, obesity, etc.  When you look at the details of the GA daily reports, it definitely shows those with known comorbidities as a large percentage of the cases.  It also shows this is much more deadly (19%+) for those 80 years and older than the younger ages.  When you get down into the details, it really tells the true story.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 2:53 PM, seaman11 said:

Well i agree with you , Texas and florida handled this very poorly in may.   Possible would have seen a few start already there.  However the good news is the cases are decreasing. 

Can't speak for Texas, but things in Florida aren't nearly as bad as the media makes it out to be.  I'm in Broward County, one of the "hot spots" and we're all dealing with it here wearing masks and following guidelines like the rest of the country.  The media will go crazy today because there was an increase of over 7,500 in today's numbers as a result of a testing "dump" by Quest Diagnostics.

I still have yet to meet 1 person down here that has been diagnosed with COVID.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lupush said:

Can't speak for Texas, but things in Florida aren't nearly as bad as the media makes it out to be.  I'm in Broward County, one of the "hot spots" and we're all dealing with it here wearing masks and following guidelines like the rest of the country.  The media will go crazy today because there was an increase of over 7,500 in today's numbers as a result of a testing "dump" by Quest Diagnostics.

I still have yet to meet 1 person down here that has been diagnosed with COVID.

I live in Volusia County.  I have zero faith in the numbers reported.  Like you I do not know anyone (or know anyone that knows anyone that knows anyone) who has been diagnosed.

• Like 3

Just now, slavetoabunny said:

I live in Volusia County.  I have zero faith in the numbers reported.  Like you I do not know anyone (or know anyone that knows anyone that knows anyone) who has been diagnosed.

As if I needed anything to make me more skeptical, this came out a few hours ago. 

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-stops-using-quest-diagnostics-after-lab-sends-back-unusable-covid-results-1528982

19 hours ago, slavetoabunny said:

Unlike you I know 14 people who were diagnosed with it. Six were hospitalized for 7-14, one of the six was in for 5 weeks. He kicked the Covid after 15 days but it effected his kidneys. I know of one death.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, GA Dave said:

This virus definitely prays on those that have weak immune systems due to conditions such as lung disease, diabetes, liver disease, obesity, etc.  When you look at the details of the GA daily reports, it definitely shows those with known comorbidities as a large percentage of the cases.  It also shows this is much more deadly (19%+) for those 80 years and older than the younger ages.  When you get down into the details, it really tells the true story.

I think at the end of the whole thing most serious medical experts will find out that this virus is by far not as dangerous as many people thought in March or April. The only big difference to the flu is the large outspread over the world within a rather short time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiseMH said:

I think at the end of the whole thing most serious medical experts will find out that this virus is by far not as dangerous as many people thought in March or April. The only big difference to the flu is the large outspread over the world within a rather short time.

Almost 900,000 deaths world wide in just over 6 months. How many would it take to make it as dangerous?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, electro said:

Almost 900,000 deaths world wide in just over 6 months. How many would it take to make it as dangerous?

And that’s with widespread reduction in travel, wearing of masks and PPE, physical distancing, lockdowns, closing of business and government offices, etc....  Just imagine what may have happened without that sort of thing.  Oh, it’s not over yet either!

1 hour ago, electro said:

You have replied to only a part of my statement. You forgot the part " ...as many people thought at the beginning " !

I can remember that even serious experts predicted up to 50.00 to 70.000 deaths in germany alone.(currently we have a little over 9000)

In March and April the death rates were up to 15 %, currently they are around 0,5 to 1,5 % , total death rate worldwide is currently 3,2 %.  So the death rates are going down sharply and will be at around 2% at the end. In many countries they will even be only around 1 %. And we are talking about the known cases. We all know there are at least twice as many cases as officially known/confirmed.

• Like 3