Top of your bucket list

laurieb

1 hour ago, laurieb said:

What port(s) have you not visited that are must do’s for you?  Western Australia and South Africa for me; I know, more than single ports...

That would be straight out of Master and Commander [round the Horn and all]!

Circumnavigation of New Zealand for us – skipping the Tasman Sea crossing – have it rescheduled from March 2020 to January 2021, but who knows when we'll be allowed to do it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I've done Ho Chi Minh Vietnam, but not Halong Bay and would like to do that and also the Philippines.  I'd like to do the Philippines on a land trip in fact.  Stay in some beautiful island beach resort.  Research required!

Phil

Funnily enough, Phil, the Philippines are on our bucket list, too.  You're almost there with your name already!  Also, we'd like to do the Galapagos.  I know you've done that already.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, laurieb said:

What port(s) have you not visited that are must do’s for you?  Western Australia and South Africa for me; I know, more than single ports...

We have done extensive land tours in Australia and South Africa which to be fair is the best way to see them, cruises can never do them justice.

Closer to home we still have not done Norway, if we ever cruise again that would be top of my list.

• Like 1

We’d like to do both Cuba and Bermuda.  Ironically we had an Azamara cruise booked last March out of Miami repositioning to New York which included both ports.  An ill timed game of badminton and a ruptured Achilles put paid to that!

Fingers crossed that we all have the opportunity to tick off our bucket list destinations sometime soon.

Regards

• Like 1

That was a fantastic trip and the following cruise took you back to Bermuda about a week later when their summer timetables had commenced and there were more activities, ferries etc. Docked inthe centre of Hamilyon is a real bonus on Azamara. 

• Like 2

South Pacific crossing for me as I certainly did not enjoy the North Pacific crossing from Japan to Vancouver.   It’s a very cold trip and we had a lot of rain and little sunshine.   South Pacific would be great as you have French Polynesia and Hawaii as ports in the middle of the journey.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

We have done extensive land tours in Australia and South Africa which to be fair is the best way to see them, cruises can never do them justice.

Closer to home we still have not done Norway, if we ever cruise again that would be top of my list.

Norway was the top of my list; I feel very fortunate to have gone to Norway on the Journey last summer.  It is beautiful!

• Like 2

For me it is where to go back too vs what I am missing now.

japan by land and sea. Inland in AU, Perth, more  of Norway ,Ireland, Greece ,Italy, Spain etc. 

after two tries for India and this winter in S America not trying again.to many other place to go 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, laurieb said:

It is a wonderful itinerary; it was my last cruise, in January 

I loved it too, but the weather spoiled it a bit for me. Not helped by having to miss a port. I know you can't predict, but the time of year for doing it to get the ship to Australia is the wet season in French Polynesia. We didn't luck out in Hawaii either. I've done it, but wouldn't do it again. There are many itineraries that I would most definitely repeat though. 

Phil 

• Like 1

I really want to sail to Japan and stay there for a few months just to feel its culture, its manners and its ways. I want to feel like a Japanese for awhile and just get a true taste of the country, its food, people, traditions. Its like one of those unique countries out there that can still surprise you if you have never been there before 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

New Zealand.  Norway (I've been there on land, but want to go back and see the fjords from the sea.)  Japan intensive trip, at the right time of year (not the winter.)

I think that the Azamara sailings to Japan are at Cherry blossom time!

• Like 1

India. Need to see the Taj Mahal, which was supposed to come at the end of our Cape Town to Dubai cruise that got truncated by Covid in March. And Cambodia for Angkor Wat.

Edited by NC&KY
  • Like 1