If Captain's Club changes come to Crown & Anchor . . .

compman9

It will pretty much finish the loyalty programme.

As Celebrity have gone all-inclusive, the updated benefits for loyalty are virtually non-existent. 

I know there is no sign that Royal will go all-inclusive, but if their sister company are happy to eliminate loyalty perks so easily, all the negative theories and debate on here, could become reality.

9 minutes ago, compman9 said:

As Celebrity have gone all-inclusive, the updated benefits for loyalty are virtually non-existent. 

I know there is no sign that Royal will go all-inclusive, but if their sister company are happy to eliminate loyalty perks so easily, all the negative theories and debate on here, could become reality.

Sorry, I'm not throwing teddy out of the pram over the loss of a few lukewarm canapes in a lounge where you had to go between 5-7p only which was far too early for me.   

I'd prefer free drinks when ever I want them and at my leisure.  

Edited by little britain
  • Like 8

29 minutes ago, compman9 said:

What I suspect you will find is that Celebrity will go to the "all inclusive" mandate to generate extra revenue, however there will still be some sort of loyalty level perks out there to be had.

Whether or not those perks matter to people is a different story. Is your brand loyalty worth assigned seating at shows? Or a bathrobe in your room? Or a separate check in counter? A loyalty discount that can't be applied to existing sales, which when priced are less than if you use the discount? A different colored seapass?  A seat in an "exclusive lounge" even if it is serving alcohol that has been paid for, not "free"?

Let's be realistic - the real issue/uproar for a LOT of loyalty addicts is the free booze, and all inclusive takes that away. LOL

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, compman9 said:

A tiny correction - Celebrity is offering All INCLUDED. There is a bit of a difference. 

Celebrity Captains Club Program Changes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

A tiny correction - Celebrity is offering All INCLUDED. There is a bit of a difference. 

This ^^^.

Royal isn't going all inclusive or bundling all perks into the base cruise fare.  

Celebrity is trying to define who they are as a cruise line.  They were too close to Royal before except with upscale ships.  They are trying to better differentiate themselves by going all in.  

Royal needs to compete with NCL, Carnival and the emerging threat of MSC as they grow their American presence.  Royal can't go all in and still compete at the lower levels of mass market cruising.   

Edited by twangster
  • Like 6

59 minutes ago, little britain said:

Sorry, I'm not throwing teddy out of the pram over the loss of a few lukewarm canapes in a lounge where you had to go between 5-7p only which was far too early for me.   

Well......I enjoy those "lukewarm canapes" and my one drink !!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

We all know things will not be the same...when (or if?) cruising begins again.

Especially the lounge set up...but if they are open...here is my solution.  😉 😄 

image.jpeg.2211a75909127cf313bf513b4b4f8230.jpeg

Seems kind of "showy" - putting all that valuable TP out there for everyone to see... 😉 

"Oh look at me, I'm rich".

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Seems kind of "showy" - putting all that valuable TP out there for everyone to see... 😉 

"Oh look at me, I'm rich".

LOL....got it off the web..but did not notice the picture had all that stash of TP in it until after I posted it.  Thought it was pretty funny...and unfortunately ...I think it's "here we go again" time!  Our local grocery and Walmart is already cleaned out in our area of TP and paper towels...ahead of the "next wave".  😮 

I liked this one as well:

image.jpeg.48171d8fce1d65400e5d1692bccb2a79.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

that lovley top or the TP ? 🤣🤣🤣

LOL...no that's not me.  No idea who that lovely lady is...but she looks happy. 😄   Why not...she has wine in her hand.  Speaking of which...time for happy hour!!  😉 🍷

• Like 3

5 hours ago, little britain said:

More room for us then.

We’ve always enjoyed the canapés drinks and friendships made.

Plus on the cruises we’ve been on the lounge has always been open for longer than two hours.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...no that's not me.  No idea who that lovely lady is...but she looks happy. 😄   Why not...she has wine in her hand.  Speaking of which...time for happy hour!!  😉 🍷

Started 15 minutes ago here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

More room for us then.

We’ve always enjoyed the canapés drinks and friendships made.

Plus on the cruises we’ve been on the lounge has always been open for longer than two hours.

On Celebrity the hours are 5-7p only ( and not held in first night or Gala night either).

1 hour ago, little britain said:

On Celebrity the hours are 5-7p only ( and not held in first night or Gala night either).

That’s right although we prefer the RCG diamond lounge especially for the longer hours as we tend to go in late we’ve always enjoyed the ambiance of the lounges of Celebrity.