Where will Princess Get Staff from?

mellon1

2 hours ago, AZjohn said:

Wow... that sounds strange. Do you know the manufacturers name?

Commonwealth Serum Laboratories in partnership with the University of Queensland.

CSL is a major producer of influenza vaccines worldwide.

Their covid vaccine used a non-functioning piece of the HIV virus which wasn't supposed to produce any antibodies against HIV, but it did. None of the recipients got HIV, but some tested positive for presence of HIV antibodies. Which of course is not a good thing, so the trial was stopped. Which is a pity because it was looking good as a covid vaccine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Potstech said:

I read somewhere that one of the Australian vaccine trials have been suspended.  This was because some of those who received it were testing Positive for HIV. Portions of the HIV virus was used in the development of the COVID vaccine.

Just to be clear, these are false positives and they are not using the HIV virus, but a protein generated by the HIV virus to stabilize the vaccine. No one developed HIV from the vaccine. Despite some hysteria from uninformed people.

• Like 1

We hope that enough of us here in the US ,Canada & Europe & Australia /New Zealand  will be vaccinated to make covid `19 a thing of the past by the fall of 2021 

As far as the crews being vaccinated that will be the concern for the cruise lines 

Edited by mcrcruiser

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Even if the crew never came ashore?

Certainly normal shipping is going on now (container ships, oil tankers, etc.), isn't it? And they will not have Australian crews.

I have heard that crew on freighters are actually afraid of land based staff coming on board at ports and contaminating the ship.

We all need to remember that behind  Moderna's  vaccine is the giant Johnson n Johnson with a one shot vaccine & that is the one I look forward to getting  . We are in the top priority of age  , So we hope that we can get the one shot & it has at least a 95% rating 

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

We all need to remember that behind  Moderna's  vaccine is the giant Johnson n Johnson with a one shot vaccine & that is the one I look forward to getting  . We are in the top priority of age  , So we hope that we can get the one shot & it has at least a 95% rating 

J&J recently started phase 3 trials using two doses.

Just a guess, but it indicates to me that just a single does did not come close to the effectiveness of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.

3 hours ago, brisalta said:

I have heard that crew on freighters are actually afraid of land based staff coming on board at ports and contaminating the ship.

It's not that we are afraid of land based staff, but once on the ship, and through a 14 day "semi-quarantine" (eating separately, full-time mask wearing and social distancing), the ship is a safe bubble, so we relax to standards you take in your home (no masks, eating together, etc) with your family, and only when shore based personnel come onboard do we have to go through the mask wearing, social distancing, keeping them restricted to certain areas of the ship, and sanitizing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Potstech said:

I read somewhere that one of the Australian vaccine trials have been suspended.  This was because some of those who received it were testing Positive for HIV. Portions of the HIV virus was used in the development of the COVID vaccine.

Do you have a citation for this?

6 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Commonwealth Serum Laboratories in partnership with the University of Queensland.

CSL is a major producer of influenza vaccines worldwide.

Their covid vaccine used a non-functioning piece of the HIV virus which wasn't supposed to produce any antibodies against HIV, but it did. None of the recipients got HIV, but some tested positive for presence of HIV antibodies. Which of course is not a good thing, so the trial was stopped. Which is a pity because it was looking good as a covid vaccine.

I hope they can find a solution soon as we are hoping to visit your beautiful country in 2022.

Stay safe,

John

1 hour ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Thanks, just another unproven scare tactic proven false. Those who do not wish to get the vaccine will grasp at whatever reason they can and not care about facts or reality.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Thanks, just another unproven scare tactic proven false. Those who do not wish to get the vaccine will grasp at whatever reason they can and not care about facts or reality.

👍  I was wondering about the mentality behind throwing a post out there without any corroboration

Edited by c-boy

12 hours ago, Potstech said:

Do you have a source for this? Dr. Google has been of no help on this one. - Edit: Ah never mind. I see it's been debunked.

Edited by beg3yrs

Just an FYI:  One of the Docs at my wife's facility was vaccinated yesterday.  They were talking about the vaccine itself and he stated "This is one of the cleanest vaccines he's ever seen".  and for the record, he's been working in infectious disease for decades.  The wife, as a frontline worker, is excited about getting her vaccine soon!

2 hours ago, c-boy said:

👍  I was wondering about the mentality behind throwing a post out there without any corroboration

Not only no corroboration other than "I read somewhere", but if the poster had looked, he could have found it is not true.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Not only no corroboration other than "I read somewhere", but if the poster had looked, he could have found it is not true.

One more reason I despise social media. One person can tell maybe 20 people a totally bogus theory in person. The same person can pass the bogus theory on to thousands of people via social media. There are far too many people who believe everything they see on Facebook or Twitter.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

One more reason I despise social media. One person can tell maybe 20 people a totally bogus theory in person. The same person can pass the bogus theory on to thousands of people via social media. There are far too many people who believe everything they see on Facebook or Twitter.

and Cruise Critic - and posters with "agendas" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

And it's like false accusations in the news. The original untruth gets big publicity while the retraction does not get much attention at all. And of course people hear what they want to hear, and if it agrees with their assumptions, they believe it even after it is refuted.