New proposed Flordia law regarding Vaccination checks.

jedi bobs

Becuse of the new proposed law banniing any busness including cruise lines from requiring proof of vacinaton or reciving a $5000 fine per person per violation, will mean all cruise lines will pull out of Flordia even if CDC allows crusing.  The reason is this, the Bahamas require all cruise passangers be vacanated, and without proof they will not be able to enter the bahamas so there goes the bahamas as a destanation, if other contries follow suit the cruise lines will not be able to go anywhere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

Becuse of the new proposed law banniing any busness including cruise lines from requiring proof of vacinaton or reciving a $5000 fine per person per violation, will mean all cruise lines will pull out of Flordia even if CDC allows crusing.  The reason is this, the Bahamas require all cruise passangers be vacanated, and without proof they will not be able to enter the bahamas so there goes the bahamas as a destanation, if other contries follow suit the cruise lines will not be able to go anywhere.

Not sure where you are seeing that Bahamas is requiring travelers to be vaccinated?  RCL might be requiring it for their cruises departing there but there is no vaccination requirement to enter Bahamas itself.

• Like 5

Just now, jfunk138 said:

Not sure where you are seeing that Bahamas is requiring travelers to be vaccinated?  RCL might be requiring it for their cruises departing there but there is no vaccination requirement to enter Bahamas itself.

I was wrong about that, but the point is still the same with this new law it will make it impossable to cruise out of Flordia if contries require proff of vacanation, and I hope all cruise lines pull out of flordia over this.

• Like 1

You might want to read a thread on the rcl boards. Regarding going out of the bahamas. Interesting.

https://ewnews.com/pm-bahamas-to-allow-fully-vaccinated-travelers-to-bypass-pcr-testing-requirement

As far as florida. As long as the cdc has cruising banned why worry about the next step. Florida I believe will find a way to allow cruising, if the cdc starts allowing it. You got your cart before the horse. One big problem at a time. 

You also seem to have forgotten carnival says they will NOT require vaccination. So claiming florida is the problem.... 

20210422_122624650.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, jedi bobs said:

I was wrong about that, but the point is still the same with this new law it will make it impossable to cruise out of Flordia if contries require proff of vacanation, and I hope all cruise lines pull out of flordia over this.

What's more likely to happen is that it will put pressure on countries NOT to require it.  These tourism dependent nations are not going to turn away all that business.

In the battle of Florida, population 21.5 Million, vs Bahamas, population 0.3 Million, Florida is likely to prevail.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

Name one country requiring vaccination to enter. Confused backwards thinking.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You also seem to have forgotten carnival says they will NOT require vaccination. So claiming florida is the problem.... 

Carnival Corp said it won't be a corporate mandate but individual cruise lines have been deciding for themselves.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival Corp said it won't be a corporate mandate but individual cruise lines have been deciding for themselves.

News just now says a bill being considered by NJ to ban vaccine passports. They asked the guy are you ok then with cruises or other businesses requiring it. He said no. 

Texas banned vaccine passports. I should know facts dont bother you.

No carnival ship regarding usa departures has decided yet to require vaccinations. 

But whatever. 

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

But no Caribbean country has REQUIRED  vaccine.  Several do have different requirements for vaccinated vs un vaccinated tho.  SO I'm not sure why you posted it this way.  Your headline is false.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Could be a great opportunity for California to expand cruising markets beyond Mexico and further down the west coast of the Americas. The money is in the provisioning, port operations, parking, local hotel stays etc and it's a nice chunk of change that could be courted with lower port fees and working with the lines to build facilities. It's a shame that Representative Matsui is so hostile to the cruise industry. There is a lot of value there that could be put to work in this state and we have a very large market. Hopefully Newsome can rein her in and capitalize on this opportunity but I ain't holding my breath. Could be a great opportunity for other states as well.     

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

Chance of that happening....0.0

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Could be a great opportunity for California to expand cruising markets beyond Mexico and further down the west coast of the Americas. The money is in the provisioning, port operations, parking, local hotel stays etc and it's a nice chunk of change that could be courted with lower port fees and working with the lines to build facilities. It's a shame that Representative Matsui is so hostile to the cruise industry. There is a lot of value there that could be put to work in this state and we have a very large market. Hopefully Newsome can rein her in and capitalize on this opportunity but I ain't holding my breath. Could be a great opportunity for other states as well.     

I wish it would happen as well. A large port like San Diego sits largely idle when we could easily support two, three or even four ships here.

I do want to try NCL out of San Pedro though just to change from my goto Carnival cruises from LBC.

But yeah, I am not holding my breath either and sadly (for my wife and I) there is not many places on the west coast of the US that I'd even want to visit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jedi bobs said:

you were wrong about the central point of your post. your whole argument is mute.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

They could and should try, but the problem with Pacific Ocean cruising is that the weather and seas are just not as good as the Caribbean on the way to the ports.

36 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

But no Caribbean country has REQUIRED  vaccine.  Several do have different requirements for vaccinated vs un vaccinated tho.  SO I'm not sure why you posted it this way.  Your headline is false.

But if a caribbean country requires quarantining and vaccination proof bypasses that, itsn't that the same thing? It will be impossible for a cruise ship passenger to quarantine mid cruise. Therefore, the only way the ship will be able to allow passengers to get off is by requiring proof of vaccination.

Edited by sanger727

state governments will not be allowed to tell private business whether they can or can't require vaccinations. courts will never accept that from the states. private business can make the rules for their business to protect themselves and their customers as they see fit.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

Becuse of the new proposed law banniing any busness including cruise lines from requiring proof of vacinaton or reciving a $5000 fine per person per violation, will mean all cruise lines will pull out of Flordia even if CDC allows crusing. 

We've been over this: A state (i.e. Florida) cannot enact laws that impact inter-state or international business, including travel.

Cruise lines are international travel.

The notion that Desantis's "law" (which I suspect will get challenged and found "unlawful") applies to cruising is very tenuous.  

• Like 8

3 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

Becuse of the new proposed law banniing any busness including cruise lines from requiring proof of vacinaton or reciving a $5000 fine per person per violation, 

Please give the citation for this new proposed law.

There is absolutely nothing about a proposed new law of this type in any website (including Florida Legislature), newspaper or TV channel  in Florida.

If you are talking about the Executive Order signed a few weeks ago, I suggest you very carefully read the whole order, especially sections 1 and 5. 

There are two loopholes in the order that will allow a person to obtain a vaccine passport and to allow companies to request a vaccination status.

• Like 1

Personally I think all cruise lines should require a vaccination to sail period it seems so much less complicated than having to take several tests before boarding. And the state of Florida should stay out of private businesses.  

• Like 11

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Name one country requiring vaccination to enter. Confused backwards thinking.

Here are just a few that require vaccinations to enter:

• Anguilla
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Ecuador
  • Estonia
  • Republic of Georgia
  • Greece
  • Guatemala
  • Israel
  • Iceland
  • Montenegro
  • Nepal
  • Poland
  • Seychelles
  • Slovenia

Edited by musbeus
Forgot to add Greece
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, musbeus said:

• Anguilla
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Ecuador
  • Estonia
  • Republic of Georgia
  • Greece
  • Guatemala
  • Israel
  • Iceland
  • Montenegro
  • Nepal
  • Poland
  • Seychelles
  • Slovenia

I think you may have over-interpreted the idea of allowing vaccinated persons to visit a country vs requiring people to be vaccinated in order to visit.  Most of the countries you identified simply have different rules on testing, isolation/quarantine, etc.... depending upon a person’s vaccination status.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, musbeus said:

• Anguilla
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Ecuador
  • Estonia
  • Republic of Georgia
  • Greece
  • Guatemala
  • Israel
  • Iceland
  • Montenegro
  • Nepal
  • Poland
  • Seychelles
  • Slovenia

Belize is the only one I go to out of usa. Dont see they require covid vaccination. Hepatitis etc yes. Could you provide a link showing Belize requires covid vaccination. All I could find is they are same as Bahamas and either test or vaccination.

I didnt bother with the rest as they arent cruise ports. If you have a link, I'd like to see it. Google doesnt show what you say about Belize. 

20210422_163355037.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Belize is the only one I go to out of usa. Dont see they require covid vaccination. Hepatitis etc yes. Could you provide a link showing Belize requires covid vaccination. All I could find is they are same as Bahamas and either test or vaccination.

I didnt bother with the rest as they arent cruise ports. If you have a link, I'd like to see it. Google doesnt show what you say about Belize. 

Here is a link for Belize. https://www.belizetourismboard.org/news-and-gallery/belize-covid-19-update/

I am not saying that some of those countries do not have options. Some do allow for pre/post arrival testing in conjunction with quarantines. Israel appears to be the most strict. They do not ask for a vaccine card. Israel is planning to do a blood titer test. 

3 minutes ago, musbeus said:

Here is a link for Belize. https://www.belizetourismboard.org/news-and-gallery/belize-covid-19-update/

I am not saying that some of those countries do not have options. Some do allow for pre/post arrival testing in conjunction with quarantines. Israel appears to be the most strict. They do not ask for a vaccine card. Israel is planning to do a blood titer test. 

Belize does not require vaccinations to enter.  That may smooth things for a traveler, but it is not necessary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1