Drink Vouchers for Diamond, etc.

In the past when the coffee machine was out of commission in the Diamond lounge they had coffee paases on your seapass card for freshly made coffees from the Ben and Jerry's or Cafe Latte-tudes, depending on which venue the particular ship has.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

But I would hate to see the lounges diasppear through all of this. 

Other than those  with access to the suite lounge who have nothing to lose, the vast majority of us totally agree with you.  We have given our loyalty and $$$ to Royal.  In return, they have given us a wonderful lounge system where we can meet other folks, get a cappuccino any time of the day, discover a relaxed setting in the morning and afternoon, enjoy snacks and unlimited drinks  during happy hour. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Other than those  with access to the suite lounge who have nothing to lose, the vast majority of us totally agree with you.  We have given our loyalty and $$$ to Royal.  In return, they have given us a wonderful lounge system where we can meet other folks, get a cappuccino any time of the day, discover a relaxed setting in the morning and afternoon, enjoy snacks and unlimited drinks  during happy hour. 

Vast majority, is that a scientific poll🤣🤣🤣

The truth is, based on the Quantum program of 4/5/6 drinks any type (within reason) almost any time, and 1 speciality coffee to boot, many C&A members are thrilled.😁

Of course, you may know things I dont😉

But don't speak on my behalf, please

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

The truth is, based on the Quantum program of 4/5/6 drinks any type (within reason) almost any time, and 1 speciality coffee to boot, many C&A members are thrilled.😁

My 2 cents:  Royal is doing this because they don't want overcrowding in the Diamond Lounge.  I would prefer they would incorporate something along the lines of Celebrity which allows their Elite/Elite+ to just show their cards and have unlimited drinks during their 2-hour happy hour at any bar.  Royal could do the same for their 3 1/2 hour happy hour.  Just show your card and order a drink during that time frame at any bar.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

My 2 cents:  Royal is doing this because they don't want overcrowding in the Diamond Lounge.  I would prefer they would incorporate something along the lines of Celebrity which allows their Elite/Elite+ to just show their cards and have unlimited drinks during their 2-hour happy hour at any bar.  Royal could do the same for their 3 1/2 hour happy hour.  Just show your card and order a drink during that time frame at any bar.  

Really?

You would rather have unlined drinks for a 3 1/2 hour period than 5 that can be used all day?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

How about unlimited for just two hours?

FWIW, the 3 vouchers added many years ago was supposed to alleviate crowding.

There is no reason to keep lounge as a happy hour venue if they boost the vouchers to 4/5/6

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

We would prefer our drinks spread over the entire day, instead of a block of hours.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

With Celebrity's new AI (Always Included) you get unlimited drinks anytime at most bars. So much for the CC HH. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You state "many C&A members are thrilled."  How scientific is that?  You criticize, then do the very same thing you accuse others of.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Really?

You would rather have unlined drinks for a 3 1/2 hour period than 5 that can be used all day?

Assuming the Diamond Lounge coffee machine goes away, with 5 vouchers for D+, in my case, after my double espresso and coffee americano in the morning, that leaves 3 vouchers for the rest of the day.  Big Whoop!

On 4/23/2021 at 7:51 PM, yogimax said:

Doesn't compare to a dedicated lounge to sit, relax, meet new friends, enjoy.

Then add the unlimited snacks, cappuccino and drinks... no way 4 anytime drinks compares

I wasn't trying to compare:  just clarify.

On 4/24/2021 at 5:13 AM, John&LaLa said:

We can only hope that's the case😉

I found this excerpt on the RCCL blog web site, posted 3/26/21.  It was a copy paste of the handout in the cabin on one of the Singapore sailings:

Diamond Lounge

Lounges will continue to operate, though at a reduced capacity to allow for distancing. But members will now enjoy more drink vouchers – 5 for your tier – cheers! Use them any time at any venue.

53 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Assuming the Diamond Lounge coffee machine goes away, with 5 vouchers for D+, in my case, after my double espresso and coffee americano in the morning, that leaves 3 vouchers for the rest of the day.  Big Whoop!

So pay for your coffee, you would need to under your scenario anyway. 

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

You state "many C&A members are thrilled."  How scientific is that?  You criticize, then do the very same thing you accuse others of.

Don't twist, many is way less than most😉🤣🤣

Truth is, as of January 2020, the few remaining CL's were in the process of booting the D+ anyway. So the Diamond lounge was getting impossible for many C&A members to use anyway. Simple math.

And with the dbl points promotion coming up, it could be virtually impossible in the near future. 

Or do you favor booting the D's from their lounge as a way of alleviating pressure🤔

Edited by John&LaLa

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

Here's an interesting solution. After your initial coffee voucher dries up, pay $5 for your Americano and save your vouchers for a more expensive drink at the pool😉

• Like 2

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Of course, it is!  True believer in their science.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We would prefer our drinks spread over the entire day, instead of a block of hours.  

Me too.  I would much prefer the drinks to be over the entire day.  The Celebrity option of unlimited at any bar during the 3 hour HH is better than the unlimited in the DL, however if I had to choose, I would take 4 or 5 drinks on a card for the whole day rather than unlimited during HH hours. 

• Like 6

What I would wish for is that the vouchered and/or lounge drinks could represent a worthwhile discount against the beverage package purchase. It's "nice" that onboard there's a 30% discount for Diamond Plus and a 40% discount for Pinnacle, but it's off onboard pricing, and pretty much without exception, anybody can snag it at 30% off in advance during a Cruise Planner sale, and last year, numerous times it actually was available online at 40% off for some of the sailings that I had booked. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Totally agree 100%. Next best thing to a drink package. Let's just hope it happens. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, dswallow said:

What I would wish for is that the vouchered and/or lounge drinks could represent a worthwhile discount against the beverage package purchase. It's "nice" that onboard there's a 30% discount for Diamond Plus and a 40% discount for Pinnacle, but it's off onboard pricing, and pretty much without exception, anybody can snag it at 30% off in advance during a Cruise Planner sale, and last year, numerous times it actually was available online at 40% off for some of the sailings that I had booked. 

Back before Covid there was a financial gain for Royal to only offer the discount off on board prices as many would buy the package regardless.  Now that drinks can be all day and any type there will be may who no longer purchase the package so that incentive is no longer there.  Now it actually makes more sense for them to offer discounts on the cruise planner price since they are already giving you 4,5 or 6 drinks and most people probably aren't drinking many more than that plus the non alcoholic drinks

• Like 4

On 4/23/2021 at 7:32 PM, jamesnnb said:

Thanks, all.  If there is a Lounge and drinks are provided, can you order whatever you like or is there a few basic ones to choose from?  I assume if the voucher is used at a bar, you're free to order a margarita if that is what you want 🙂

there is a basic list to choose from. When I asked for a Cosmo in the DL I was brought a cranberry juice and vodka. Cosmos aren't on the list. When I went to the Schooner Bar to get a Cosmo, I was told they couldn't make me one as it wasn't on the list. Different ship, different result, I could get a Cosmo with my voucher at the Schooner Bar (or R Bar). I don't know if you can get a Margarita.

• Like 1

I like a couple of martini’s in the evening, so the vouchers work just fine for me. I only have one cup of coffee in the morning, so if the machine isn’t available, I have no problem drinking the ship’s coffee, which I did for many years anyway. I bring my own flavored stevia to doctor it up a bit. I like the idea of vouchers for all day use. As a solo travel, I don’t really use the DL, unless it is moved to a larger venue on some cruises. The regular DL is to small and noisy for me.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

there is a basic list to choose from. When I asked for a Cosmo in the DL I was brought a cranberry juice and vodka. Cosmos aren't on the list. When I went to the Schooner Bar to get a Cosmo, I was told they couldn't make me one as it wasn't on the list. Different ship, different result, I could get a Cosmo with my voucher at the Schooner Bar (or R Bar). I don't know if you can get a Margarita.

Mrs. Yogi gets Cosmos in the DL on many ships with no problem.

Margaritas? - Sadly, no