Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

11 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

So the app is still not working on either iphone (6 and 8 ) but it is finally working on the ipad. Well, kind of. It doesn't have the Covid contract, etc but says "coming soon" - maybe because the sailing I was looking at is April 2022. It does allow me to book dining and to reserve specialty restaurants, but not to book them as "complimentary" as it implied it would. What is alarming is that while it lists myself and my daughter as passengers, my son (passenger 3) is nowhere to be found. This means that if I reserve dining, it only gives the option of a table for 2....Maybe they want me to leave him at home!

On one of my cruises, my cabin mate was not listed with me, I put in our booking number and finally she turned up with me.

• Like 1

Just now, phabric said:

On one of my cruises, my cabin mate was not listed with me, I put in our booking number and finally she turned up with me.

I went back in later and my kid was listed...sigh! Oddly, on another reservation, the same kid is booked under a different booking number (we are in 2 bedroom suite that is booked as 2 rooms) but he showed up on my reservation and the second person on that booking number was AWOL. I'm leaving well alone until all the bugs are sorted - luckily I have time! Well, I might tickle my tagalong until he sneezes occasionally....cause that piece works beautifully....

8 hours ago, kiwimum said:

For some reason my cancelled cruise for June 26 showed up in my list of upcoming cruises and the wording is the same as @azbirdmomposted.   My October 20, 2022 has changed to reflect the new wording.  I cannot access the 5 cruises I have accepted the earlier contract wording for.   It has definitely changed in the last couple of hours.

NOTIFICATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISKS FOR COVID-19 

Important Notice to Guests – Please Read Carefully and Acknowledge 

GUEST ACKNOWLEDGES, UNDERSTANDS AND ACCEPTS THAT WHILE ABOARD THE VESSEL, IN TERMINALS AND BOARDING AREAS, OR DURING ACTIVITIES ASHORE AND/ OR WHILE TRAVELING TO OR FROM THE VESSEL, THE GUEST OR OTHER GUESTS MAY BE EXPOSED TO COVID-19. GUEST FURTHER UNDERSTANDS THAT THE RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 IS INHERENT IN MOST ACTIVITIES WHERE PEOPLE INTERACT OR SHARE COMMON FACILITIES, IS BEYOND THE CONTROL OF PRINCESS CRUISES, AND CANNOT BE ELIMINATED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. GUEST IS AWARE THAT THIS RISK INCLUDES THE POSSIBILITY OF SERIOUS ILLNESS, INJURY AND/OR DEATH ARISISING FROM SUCH EXPOSURE, AND RELATED DAMAGES, LOSS ANDE EXPENSES. GUEST UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT IT SHALL BE HIS/HER RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION ABOUT CRUISING BASED ON HIS/HER INDIVIDUAL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH COVID-19. 
Princess Cruises requires all guests to undergo screening and provide specific health information relating to guest’s possible exposure to or infection with COVID-19 to determine guest’s eligibility to sail aboard the vessel. Guest hereby authorizes the release of the health information to Princess Cruises, its medical staff or consultants, contractually engaged third parties, and any required governmental or health authorities to use for COVID-19 screening and/or mitigation. Guest agrees that if at any time within 14 days prior to embarkation or at any time during the cruise Guest tests positive for COVID-19, exhibits signs or symptoms of COVID-19, has had close contact with a person confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19, or Princess Cruises otherwise determines in its sole discretion that Guest is unfit to board because of any communicable illness, Guest shall be subject to denial of boarding the Vessel, denial of re-boarding, quarantine, isolation and/or disembarkation. 

Notice to Guests Regarding Advice from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) 

The CDC cautions that any travel poses a higher risk of contracting COVID-19 and advises that travel to more than 150 countries presents a very high risk in addition to cruises.  This is especially important for people with an increased risk of severe illness, such as older adults and those with certain underlying medical conditions.  The CDC’s travel advisories, warnings and recommendations should be reviewed by guests at https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-cruise-ship. If a threshold of COVID-19 is detected on board the vessel, the voyage will be ended, the vessel will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel home may be restricted or delayed.  Health and safety protocols, guest conduct rules, and regional travel restrictions vary by vessel and destination and are subject to change without notice. 

• I have read and understand the above Notification and Acknowledgment of Risks for COVID-19

things are changing constantly.   

Yes I see it there too.  They have already accepted it for me though just like the first time that I saw it in the app.  I agree with you it's weird and that we all seem to have different problems with it.  Last night I tried to change the Emergency Contact.  It had my mother in law and I had wanted to change it to someone else before the migration from the Personalizer but hadn't gotten around to it.  She doesn't have an email and that field is now mandatory.  Well every time I try to change it, it won't accept it.  I could do it for my DH but it won't let me change mine either in the actual cruise record or in my account settings.  Last night it was going to a white screen when I tried to change the latter, today both places are showing try again later.  Sigh.  I do see some improvement but I wish I could heed my own advice of setting it aside and trying again when (if????) it's fully functioning.

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes I see it there too.  They have already accepted it for me though just like the first time that I saw it in the app.  I agree with you it's weird and that we all seem to have different problems with it.  Last night I tried to change the Emergency Contact.  It had my mother in law and I had wanted to change it to someone else before the migration from the Personalizer but hadn't gotten around to it.  She doesn't have an email and that field is now mandatory.  Well every time I try to change it, it won't accept it.  I could do it for my DH but it won't let me change mine either in the actual cruise record or in my account settings.  Last night it was going to a white screen when I tried to change the latter, today both places are showing try again later.  Sigh.  I do see some improvement but I wish I could heed my own advice of setting it aside and trying again when (if????) it's fully functioning.

I cannot change anything as well, I was  hoping to change the account I login with via email to my Husbands name and his emergency contact but it will not let me... I still am unsure if I am suppose to use both accounts (one via email) (one Via Booking number) and have one named for my husband as he does not show up on either account. I added Travel Companion and it just added the email version and that is my name. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Thrak said:

Regarding the mandatory risk assessment statement:

I don't see it in the app. In the webinar it was stated that, while the thing must be accepted via the app, the statement itself was available to view on the Princess web site. I looked yesterday but didn't see it anywhere. Has anybody found it on the web site?

Go to your booking on the website and select Check in. Select Print Travel Summary and scroll down to Additional Forms and Documents. It’s included in the Passenger Contract. Section 6 part (a) 

17 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I just spent 30 minutes in the phone with a Princess rep, and then Princess Customer Service. I told both of them our final payment for our Alaska cruise is due tomorrow, and I was unwilling to make that final payment until I could read the terms of the passage contract and risk acceptance statement, which must be accepted through the Medallion app. Which isn’t working. Again. 

Go to your booking on the Princess website. Select Check In. Select Print Travel Summary and scroll down to Additional Forms and Documents.  The risk acceptance is section 6 part (a) of the passenger contract. 

I hope you don’t cancel your sailing. 

Can someone please provide me with the Medallion Class app number to contact someone for help ----- NOTHING is working for me (I know it is for some of you and I am happy for you).  I won't uninstall the app because it is no longer in the Play Store (I have an android).  I need some serious help.  Thanks in advance.

I went out to look at the reviews of this app in the Apple store and not surprisingly the most recent are of the "this app stinks" variety.  Interestingly the "Developer" responded to each with this:

"Hi,

Please contact us at askoceanmedallion@carnival.com at your convenience so we can address.  We will be happy to connect with you directly.

When you do, please reference this post so we can make sure to give your account attention."

Not sure if they are just making a show of giving attention to issues raised or if emails will go into a black hole but it might be worth reaching out to them to see if it does any good.

2 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Can someone please provide me with the Medallion Class app number to contact someone for help ----- NOTHING is working for me (I know it is for some of you and I am happy for you).  I won't uninstall the app because it is no longer in the Play Store (I have an android).  I need some serious help.  Thanks in advance.

If you click on the 3 lines in the upper right corner of the app you should see the contact info.  For the US it is 844-525-0942.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kiwimum said:

For some reason my cancelled cruise for June 26 showed up in my list of upcoming cruises and the wording is the same as @azbirdmomposted.   My October 20, 2022 has changed to reflect the new wording.  I cannot access the 5 cruises I have accepted the earlier contract wording for.   It has definitely changed in the last couple of hours.

NOTIFICATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISKS FOR COVID-19 

Important Notice to Guests – Please Read Carefully and Acknowledge 

GUEST ACKNOWLEDGES, UNDERSTANDS AND ACCEPTS THAT WHILE ABOARD THE VESSEL, IN TERMINALS AND BOARDING AREAS, OR DURING ACTIVITIES ASHORE AND/ OR WHILE TRAVELING TO OR FROM THE VESSEL, THE GUEST OR OTHER GUESTS MAY BE EXPOSED TO COVID-19. GUEST FURTHER UNDERSTANDS THAT THE RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 IS INHERENT IN MOST ACTIVITIES WHERE PEOPLE INTERACT OR SHARE COMMON FACILITIES, IS BEYOND THE CONTROL OF PRINCESS CRUISES, AND CANNOT BE ELIMINATED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. GUEST IS AWARE THAT THIS RISK INCLUDES THE POSSIBILITY OF SERIOUS ILLNESS, INJURY AND/OR DEATH ARISISING FROM SUCH EXPOSURE, AND RELATED DAMAGES, LOSS ANDE EXPENSES. GUEST UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT IT SHALL BE HIS/HER RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION ABOUT CRUISING BASED ON HIS/HER INDIVIDUAL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH COVID-19. 
Princess Cruises requires all guests to undergo screening and provide specific health information relating to guest’s possible exposure to or infection with COVID-19 to determine guest’s eligibility to sail aboard the vessel. Guest hereby authorizes the release of the health information to Princess Cruises, its medical staff or consultants, contractually engaged third parties, and any required governmental or health authorities to use for COVID-19 screening and/or mitigation. Guest agrees that if at any time within 14 days prior to embarkation or at any time during the cruise Guest tests positive for COVID-19, exhibits signs or symptoms of COVID-19, has had close contact with a person confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19, or Princess Cruises otherwise determines in its sole discretion that Guest is unfit to board because of any communicable illness, Guest shall be subject to denial of boarding the Vessel, denial of re-boarding, quarantine, isolation and/or disembarkation. 

Notice to Guests Regarding Advice from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) 

The CDC cautions that any travel poses a higher risk of contracting COVID-19 and advises that travel to more than 150 countries presents a very high risk in addition to cruises.  This is especially important for people with an increased risk of severe illness, such as older adults and those with certain underlying medical conditions.  The CDC’s travel advisories, warnings and recommendations should be reviewed by guests at https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-cruise-ship. If a threshold of COVID-19 is detected on board the vessel, the voyage will be ended, the vessel will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel home may be restricted or delayed.  Health and safety protocols, guest conduct rules, and regional travel restrictions vary by vessel and destination and are subject to change without notice. 

• I have read and understand the above Notification and Acknowledgment of Risks for COVID-19

things are changing constantly.   

Thank you for posting this. I went through this statement and Azbirdmom’s statement for COVID-19 acceptance and the only difference is in the wording of the second half of the first paragraph. I’m not sure it changes the intent although it feels like the statement Azbirdmom posted is a bit more inclusive about the guests being responsible for any and all costs related to a COVID outbreak on board. Given what happened a year ago, those costs, if not paid by Princess (testing, quarantine, charter flights home) could be huge, even if a guest was fully vaccinated and did not test positive. Of course it’s written by Princess lawyers for their benefit, but this is new territory for everyone and they are clearly setting themselves up to deny any financial responsibility at all. Is that what they would actually do?  Who knows,  but they are certainly committed to making sure everyone who sails agrees to that. 

Yet again this morning, I deleted and reinstalled the Medallion app, hoping to at least get the functionality that many of you are reporting. But no, nothing.  Do I think this would prohibit us from boarding the Majestic Princess on August 8?  No, of course not. But we have gone through so much with this already to no avail that I am doubting it’s worth any further effort. 

I am sorely disappointed in Princess right now, and am wondering how long it will take to get our deposit back this time.  If it’s like last year, it will be about 7 months, again with a lot of personal intervention. 

9 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

If you click on the 3 lines in the upper right corner of the app you should see the contact info.  For the US it is 844-525-0942.

Thanks for the number, I appreciate it.  When I open the app, all I get is a frozen blury picture of the ship and nothing more so I can't even access the contact info.  Hopefully, I will get some one that can be of assistance --- fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I have read all the threads on the Medallion and I'm totally lost.  Downloaded the ap just now.  Opened it up and logged in with info from last cruise on the Sky Princess Jan 2020 - used the booking # for our 28 Nov 2021 cruise and did it with DH name and birthdate as he is listed first on the booking.  Went straight to his My Personalizer and had to add address.  I show up as a travel guest but didn't have to put any of my info in.  Our pictures are the ones we used from the Sky Princess.  Did see that we can choose a dining time/MDR and add additional  guests if we had their booking number.  Could also see all our other future cruises and I had completed the check in process for all when the booking was made.  

Can someone tell me if it sounds like I have done what is needed.  I  could not find or see where you could find  the contract or the Covid 19 form to agree to

Thanks for that number!  I called it immediately, and they couldn’t help me but transferred back to Customer Relations. Bottom line, after 43 minutes, is that the Communications Department is trying to find the COVID-19 Risk Acceptance statement to send out to me.  But in terms of the app, there is basically nothing that can be done. Oh, and deposit refunds are being handled on a normal, timely basis. So at least there’s that. 

I don’t know if the guests on the two earlier Majestic Princess cruises could successfully see things in their Medallion App that I can’t, or if they just weren’t concerned about the details, but, unfortunately, that is not how we roll. 

24 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

No where to be found in the play store.  Checked just now.

Re: apps

they were there a few days ago. 
personalizer says MedallionClass app coming soon. 

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

I have read all the threads on the Medallion and I'm totally lost.  Downloaded the ap just now.  Opened it up and logged in with info from last cruise on the Sky Princess Jan 2020 - used the booking # for our 28 Nov 2021 cruise and did it with DH name and birthdate as he is listed first on the booking.  Went straight to his My Personalizer and had to add address.  I show up as a travel guest but didn't have to put any of my info in.  Our pictures are the ones we used from the Sky Princess.  Did see that we can choose a dining time/MDR and add additional  guests if we had their booking number.  Could also see all our other future cruises and I had completed the check in process for all when the booking was made.  

Can someone tell me if it sounds like I have done what is needed.  I  could not find or see where you could find  the contract or the Covid 19 form to agree to

In the app personal information and documents link

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Thanks for that number!  I called it immediately, and they couldn’t help me but transferred back to Customer Relations. Bottom line, after 43 minutes, is that the Communications Department is trying to find the COVID-19 Risk Acceptance statement to send out to me.  But in terms of the app, there is basically nothing that can be done. Oh, and deposit refunds are being handled on a normal, timely basis. So at least there’s that. 

I don’t know if the guests on the two earlier Majestic Princess cruises could successfully see things in their Medallion App that I can’t, or if they just weren’t concerned about the details, but, unfortunately, that is not how we roll. 

I sail July 25, 2021 and was able to read and agree to the new passenger contract. The covid risk acceptance statement is section 6 a of the contract. This doc is also avail on the website under your booking. See my post above regarding how to find it. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

12 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Has anyone been successful in getting the app to work on an older iphone? We have a 6 and an 8 and it doesn't work on either - just crashes before I can even log in. It seems to be working beautifully on the ipad now.

It worked sporadically on my 6s, and helpdesk told me it might be a problem, so I got a new phone.  Now it doesn't work at all.

Just now, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

It worked sporadically on my 6s, and helpdesk told me it might be a problem, so I got a new phone.  Now it doesn't work at all.

Sigh. I actually thought I had a break through on my 6 today - it stayed open long enough for me to enter both email and password, then just as I hit done, it crashed.....

18 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I sail July 25, 2021 and was able to read and agree to the new passenger contract. The covid risk acceptance statement is section 6 a of the contract. This doc is also avail on the website under your booking. See my post above regarding how to find it. 

If you can see the COVID risk assessment in your medallion app, does it read exactly the way section 6a reads?  Because no one at Princess has told me that it does. 

7 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Sigh. I actually thought I had a break through on my 6 today - it stayed open long enough for me to enter both email and password, then just as I hit done, it crashed.....

Yes, that seems to be how it goes.  I actually had everything in, but no check marks showed.  Then it just started locking up

4 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

If you can see the COVID risk assessment in your medallion app, does it read exactly the way section 6a reads?  Because no one at Princess has told me that it does. 

No, they are different.   The Covid risk assessment is now a separate document.

I still cannot fixed the status of my emergency contact.  They've got husband listed as a dependent 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

I cannot add my travel companions either. Or basically anything else. 

The blank page of nothingness shows up frequently.   

I think they should've used the cruising shutdown time to truly perfect this app, and put in the testing time needed for the cruising return. 🤷‍♀️  Meanwhile my travel mate says it is working fine on her android phone.  But I do wonder if she has really clicked around the app to find the various flaws. 

Data point:  I have an 11 iphone Pro.  Updated the app recently to 3.1.1