Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

2 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I had all my issues fixed a week ago, and was it working perfectly, for all three of my upcoming cruises. Now the app is back to not working.  I have gone from no lane, to green, to blue, and moved to yellow all in the course of a week. LOL!  I have one month left until sailing.  Hope it is fixed by then.  Or I will have a fancy door unlocking piece of "jewelry", and an app on a phone that doesn't work. YMMV

This is most perplexing, happened to me too. Changes without my changing any input. If problems are in fact data related then how does this happen ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

This is most perplexing, happened to me too. Changes without my changing any input. If problems are in fact data related then how does this happen ?

Just a guess, but I suspect they changed a database stored procedure  without properly testing it, and introduced a bug that was triggered by some item in one of your database records.

Edited by barrykel

8 minutes ago, barrykel said:

Just a guess, but I suspect they changed a database stored procedure  without properly testing it, and introduced a bug that was triggered by some item in one of your database records.

Is this a surprise?  (to no one).  Strange things happen overnight.  Still waiting for boarding time.  One day I will be happily surprised when I click on get boarding time.

47 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Can I link another persons booking number & sign us both in for the boarding times?

Tom🤔

You can link a friend as a Travel Companion, but that is for booking dining and potentially other entertainment events.  Not for Arrival Groups.  (If you check out the Arrival Groups section of the MC App - even though it may be too soon for you to get a group - you will see there is no way to add other people beyond your cabinmate(s).

I had my dining for my Panama cruise  for March 2022 but then they changed from the Crown to the Emerald and refunded me my specialty dining.  I have been trying for more than 2 weeks to rebook and finally called them.  Princess told me they are working on the issues and here it is a week later and I still cannot book my dining for the Emerald March 2022 Panama cruise of the September 2022 Alaska Sapphire cruise.  Has anybody been able to book dining lately?

57 minutes ago, gerig said:

Has anybody been able to book dining lately?

---

Unfortunately NO for me; the stupid dining booking function has not worked for me for weeks.

---

11 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

---

Unfortunately NO for me; the stupid dining booking function has not worked for me for weeks.

---

Is this for MDR dining or specialty? I booked MDR a few weeks ago but whenever I tried to look for specialty dining I was told I check back closer to sailing date. However today I’ve discovered that specialty dining booking has been there all along, it’s the  “add reservation” option above your MDR reserved time for each evening. I do wish the app was much clearer in it’s function as it seems there has to be a lot of digging for results on it compared to the online version of dealing with options.

9 minutes ago, Jimmys Chippy said:

Is this for MDR dining or specialty?

---

The basic MDR dining!  I had the function working successfully (for a few bookings) and then it stopped working on the app for me.  Every time I've deinstalled then reinstalled the app I'll check and -- NO -- the function (among others) is not working for me.

. . . .  If you ask me, the MedallionClass App -- and the database it interfaces with -- has been and still is a seriously flawed piece of CRAP!

-----

(I'm a former long-time senior programmer/systems engineer and systems project manager.)

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, RSS from SF said:

---

The basic MDR dining!  I had the function working successfully (for a few bookings) and then it stopped working on the app for me.  Every time I've deinstalled then reinstalled the app I'll check and -- NO -- the function (among others) is not working for me.

. . . .  If you ask me, the MedallionClass App -- and the database it interfaces with -- has been and still is a seriously flawed piece of CRAP!

-----

(I'm a former long-time senior programmer/systems engineer and systems project manager.)

It’s hard to disagree with your professional diagnosis!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, gerig said:

I had my dining for my Panama cruise  for March 2022 but then they changed from the Crown to the Emerald and refunded me my specialty dining.  I have been trying for more than 2 weeks to rebook and finally called them.  Princess told me they are working on the issues and here it is a week later and I still cannot book my dining for the Emerald March 2022 Panama cruise of the September 2022 Alaska Sapphire cruise.  Has anybody been able to book dining lately?

We have the problem with our 14 day Feb 2022 cruise, when Princess changed from the Crown to the Emerald.  I was just able to get a reservation for the Crown Grill. However, when I went into DMY,  to reserve a table for 6pm for the rest of the cruise, we got a table for 6 for the first 10 nights and a table for 2 for 4 nights. I've tried several times and I get the same result.  I'll try closer to departure and hope we can get the same time.

On 8/22/2021 at 7:47 AM, caribill said:

How long have you been trying to book the specialty dining?

This close to the cruise I would not expect to be able to do it.

Ever since we made the booking.  Can book regular dining, but specialty gives a system error message.

Princess has me SO frustrated and PI$$ED OFF because of their incompetence with the app (loosely called an app), etc. that I will NEVER EVER EVER BOOK A CRUISE WITH THEM AGAIN!

I will also tell everyone I know what a troop of clowns they are. We are 20 days out from our cruise and I still can't make reservations or edit info. The one and only time we were able to access dinner reservations most good stuff was gone and the confirmation button was grayed out anyway, so it is also useless.

I have absolutely nothing good to say about Princess.

Edited by Erndog72
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Erndog72 said:

Princess has me SO frustrated and PI$$ED OFF because of their incompetence with the app (loosely called an app), etc. that I will NEVER EVER EVER BOOK A CRUISE WITH THEM AGAIN!

I will also tell everyone I know what a troop of clowns they are. We are 20 days out from our cruise and I still can't make reservations or edit info. The one and only time we were able to access dinner reservations most good stuff was gone and the confirmation button was grayed out anyway, so it is also useless.

We canceled an Oct 2021 and a Jan 2022 booking. The stress relief is amazing. For now we do not struggle with Covid testing strategies and App confusion. Our next Princess booking is Sep 2022. We have also booked Oceania and Azamara cruises for 2022 and 2023. Comparison shopping is usually a good idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Erndog72 said:

I am sorry this has happened to you and it is making you that angry.  As a previously happy and satisfied customer, I am extremely disappointed and expecting them to fix things.  But, I have told them this is costing them customers and as a Shareholder, that upsets me.  I want them to continue to be successful, but this debacle (can I use that word after what has occurred in Afghan country??) is going to hurt them in ways they don't yet realize.

ETA:  And now, pax load is down due to the additional testing burden dropped on people, some of whom are not finding it easy to arrange the test.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 5

So, we gave up on making dinner reservations and went to our travel agent for assistance, as she has better luck dealing with these jokers. We sat with her for over an hour trying to get the dining portion of the app to load on her iphone and our two android phones. It only loaded once (after processing for over 30 minutes) on one phone, but when selecting "specialty dining" it locked up once again. She was on hold with Princess for most of the time, but when they came on they were also useless. Meanwhile, she tried using their chat thing and they said they also could not help.

Several hours later she was on the phone with their "Ocean Navigator" person. That person was also unable to get the Dining portion to load on their end.

After our travel agent got home, she tried again using her private iPad. Somehow, it worked and she managed to get us taken care of...we think. I tried getting into it this morning to verify that, but of course it would not load once again.

Princess, YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME. You need to return to web-based data entry, and/or phone data entry. PRONTO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Erndog72 said:

Princess, YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME. You need to return to web-based data entry, and/or phone data entry. PRONTO.

I received a call from Princess in response to an E-mail I sent requesting that the Personalizer again be made available for entering in required information for a cruise.

Response was there are no plans to do so, but they will evaluate if they determine it is the right thing to do.

So, anyone who wants the Personalizer to be useful again needs to contact Princess and let them know how you feel.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, caribill said:

I received a call from Princess in response to an E-mail I sent requesting that the Personalizer again be made available for entering in required information for a cruise.

Response was there are no plans to do so, but they will evaluate if they determine it is the right thing to do.

So, anyone who wants the Personalizer to be useful again needs to contact Princess and let them know how you feel.

What email did you use?

For my new August 2022 cruise for a party of 3.

On MC, Dine Same Time Each Day, or Anytime each day, it starts at 5pm that I can share a table or private.  When I put in 6pm, I can only share a table or have my party split up.

I put share a table, once I am on the ship and at the dining room check in desk, I will request a private table for 3.

3 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

What email did you use?

Jan Swartz, CEO     jswartz@princesscruises.com

Collin Steinke, Director of Customer Relations   csteinke@princesscruises.com

SVP, Sales   JChernesky@PrincessCruises.com

I do not know which address resulted in the phone call to me

• Like 3

On 9/3/2021 at 11:58 AM, caribill said:

Jan Swartz, CEO     jswartz@princesscruises.com

Collin Steinke, Director of Customer Relations   csteinke@princesscruises.com

SVP, Sales   JChernesky@PrincessCruises.com

I do not know which address resulted in the phone call to me

Thank you for this!

I just sent a detailed email reflecting our dis-satisfaction to all three of them.

Edited by Erndog72

Just got an email.

We heard you: Web-based OceanReady® coming soon!

With cruising back, guests are quickly discovering how the MedallionClass® app makes preparing for their cruise incredibly easy, using OceanReady® to upload travel docs and emergency contact information as well as share preferences, in addition to making dining reservations using Dine My Way. More than 90% of our guests are using a smart device to complete their travel checklist prior to sailing, which also makes accessing MedallionClass Experiences more convenient once they board.

Soon guests/clients will be able to access the OceanReady pre-cruise check-in experience using their personal computers. A web-based version of OceanReady is in the final stages of completion and expected to be available by late November, first with travel checklist accessibility, followed by Dine My Way reservations shortly thereafter.

We appreciate the feedback you’ve shared with us about offering a web-based option, and we’ll be sure to keep you updated on the launch date.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ohmycruise said:

Just got an email.

We heard you: Web-based OceanReady® coming soon!

With cruising back, guests are quickly discovering how the MedallionClass® app makes preparing for their cruise incredibly easy, using OceanReady® to upload travel docs and emergency contact information as well as share preferences, in addition to making dining reservations using Dine My Way.

I wonder who they have heard from who said using the app was incredibly easy.

• Like 1