Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

3 minutes ago, geoherb said:

Is it too early for arrival groups? Some people on the roll call for my cruise have reported being able to sign up for arrival groups since June 23. My cruise is a little over three weeks away. And I guess that's why the rep said that the early groups were full initially before getting me into the second group.

Oh my!!! SORRY.  I must have got you mixed up with another poster as I had seen March 2022 departure.  By all means, I should think you ought to have access to do that before now. 

Yes, that is the risk if not getting in when the others do and not realizing to call and get some action - you get shuffled down the line.  Hope things get better with this section of MC App soon.

That said, I hope Princess doesn't allow all of the early arrival slots to fill up months before a cruise. After all, one of the Captain's Circle benefits of being Platinum or Elite is having priority boarding. It shouldn't matter if you booked the cruise two years out or three and a half weeks before as I did this time.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, geoherb said:

That said, I hope Princess doesn't allow all of the early arrival slots to fill up months before a cruise. After all, one of the Captain's Circle benefits of being Platinum or Elite is having priority boarding. It shouldn't matter if you booked the cruise two years out or three and a half weeks before as I did this time.

This is true, but IDK how they can level the field in this situation.  Eventually, Covid protocols will go away and then they can enlarge the Arrival Groups.  And make earlier times.  Hope this is what happens. 

Maybe customer feedback will encourage them to scrap Arrival Groups post-Covid-19 protocols.  IDK, but I don't see the necessity as the old system worked fine.  Show up when you want and wait in line or wait for boarding to open, or come later and head on board right after check-in.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

I have an iPad Mini 3 which shows the software is up to date with IOS 12.5.4.  According to the AppStore, the MC app now requires IOS 13.0 or higher.  Has anybody successfully downloaded the app on an iPad Mini 3? 

If so, how is it working?

Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I have an iPad Mini 3 which shows the software is up to date with IOS 12.5.4.  According to the AppStore, the MC app now requires IOS 13.0 or higher.  Has anybody successfully downloaded the app on an iPad Mini 3? 

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I have been trying to use the app for 3 weeks now on my tablet and also iPhone.

Numerous phone calls ( wait times of almost an hour) and emails (unanswered) have got me nowhere.

I have done everything Google has suggested but no joy.

This experience is really putting me off cruising with Princess.

I have a Seacation in 3 weeks 😱

Any help would be really appreciated.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Thanks in advance.

I have the same operating system on my iphone and no luck with the app. The Ocean Medallion person I spoke with told me I would need a newer phone...not going to happen (until this one dies). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wendymewendy said:

Hi

I have been trying to use the app for 3 weeks now on my tablet and also iPhone.

Numerous phone calls ( wait times of almost an hour) and emails (unanswered) have got me nowhere.

I have done everything Google has suggested but no joy.

This experience is really putting me off cruising with Princess.

I have a Seacation in 3 weeks 😱

Any help would be really appreciated.

I am in the same 'boat' so to speak.  My advice is to just give up, and let them sort it at the port/on board.  Thats what I intend to do. 

• Like 3

I continue to click on this link in hopes for finding a true representation of the thread title:  

The thread is now 68 pages and counting.  And the Medallion App is Updated but NOT Working Now.

I am still the positive me (at moment) and am hoping Princess will actually get this app to work for everyone (Android and IOS).

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread.  It has lessened the frustration of "being the only one" having this issue.

• Like 3

On 7/29/2021 at 9:35 PM, Steelers36 said:

This is true, but IDK how they can level the field in this situation.  Eventually, Covid protocols will go away and then they can enlarge the Arrival Groups.  And make earlier times.  Hope this is what happens. 

Maybe customer feedback will encourage them to scrap Arrival Groups post-Covid-19 protocols.  IDK, but I don't see the necessity as the old system worked fine.  Show up when you want and wait in line or wait for boarding to open, or come later and head on board right after check-in.

If 1/2 the ship is platinum, elite, or suite as seems to happen on some voyages, what would happen if they ALL showed up at 11:30? Who do they prioritize then? This is why I think there should be a higher level then elite. I only have 31 cruises completed so I wouldn't be that level (yet)

IDK bc prior to covid I just showed up at whatever time my deck was supposed to be there

Edited by Ombud
Typo

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

If 1/2 the ship is platinum, elite, or suite as seems to happen on some voyages, what would happen if they ALL showed up at 11:30? Who do they prioritize then? This is why I think there should be a higher level then elite. I only have 31 cruises completed so I wouldn't be that level (yet)

IDK bc prior to covid I just showed up at whatever time my deck was supposed to be there

There can be a lot of people already checked in by the time general boarding opens (say by 11:30am which is not atypical), but not everyone is there early.  Some just like to avoid the rush and the lines. 

Prior to Covid, the deck thing meant nothing more than a meager suggestion at best.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

There can be a lot of people already checked in by the time general boarding opens (say by 11:30am which is not atypical), but not everyone is there early.  Some just like to avoid the rush and the lines. 

Prior to Covid, the deck thing meant nothing more than a meager suggestion at best.

Oops. I always paid attention to the deck assignment.  Guess I'm ignorant 😒 

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Not ignorant - perhaps just not as well informed as many of us.   😉

The boarding situation with deck plans was often posted here where people were typically asking "Do I need to follow this?" and everyone posts "No, just show up when you want to".  A bit surprising you hadn't run across that as an active member here.  But, now you know if things return more to the way it was pre-Covid.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I continue to click on this link in hopes for finding a true representation of the thread title:  

The thread is now 68 pages and counting.  And the Medallion App is Updated but NOT Working Now.

I am still the positive me (at moment) and am hoping Princess will actually get this app to work for everyone (Android and IOS).

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread.  It has lessened the frustration of "being the only one" having this issue.

Well, when I first started this thread the App had just changed over to the new format and was working for me. Now, … not so much. 🤣🤣 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Well, when I first started this thread the App had just changed over to the new format and was working for me. Now, … not so much. 🤣🤣 

You had very good intentions.  I sent a test email to Medallion Support and this morning, I received an email saying they were for real:  askoceanmedallion@carnival.com.  So today, I sent out all of my questions.  Will see how they respond on a weekend.

45 minutes ago, Ombud said:

You were playing by the "suggested" rules.  More of us (that does include me) should be like you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I have read the last few posts; under new operating conditions boarding is now done by which deck you're on and if you are in a suite or elite; is that correct?  Thanks

If a guest has not selected an Arrival Group, or was unable, they sent a list of times via email and arbitrarily assigned different decks to each time.  All were in the afternoon and ending at 3pm IIRC.

Edited by Steelers36

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Prior to Covid the purpose of the suggested check-in times was to help even out the flow of passengers through the terminal, aiming for shorter lines and thus quicker processing times for those on line.

With the pandemic, the arrival times have the of keeping the number of people at the terminal to a minimum to help prevent the spread of the virus.

Both pre-pandemic and pandemic the assigned/selected check-in times have all the problems associated with flight arrival times and hotel check-out times possibly being hours earlier than allowed arrival time at the terminal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

If a guest has not selected an Arrival Group, or was unable, they sent a list of times via email and arbitrarily assigned different decks to each time.  All were in the afternoon and ending at 3pm IIRC.

Thanks for your explanation.  Have a great day

I had completed my travel checklist, including the travel contract and COVID acceptance for a 11/6/21 cruise   All were green checked except arrival group. My ship was changed from Crown to Emerald and I had to redo most of my checklist. After re-downloading the app on both iPhone and iPad I’ve been able to complete everything but the contract and acceptance. The app kept freezing so it took a few tries just to get this far.  Every time I check the boxes and click submit for the contract and COVID acceptance I get the spinning circle and it’s says loading. 

anyone else experience this?

16 minutes ago, puggymom said:

I had completed my travel checklist, including the travel contract and COVID acceptance for a 11/6/21 cruise   All were green checked except arrival group. My ship was changed from Crown to Emerald and I had to redo most of my checklist. After re-downloading the app on both iPhone and iPad I’ve been able to complete everything but the contract and acceptance. The app kept freezing so it took a few tries just to get this far.  Every time I check the boxes and click submit for the contract and COVID acceptance I get the spinning circle and it’s says loading. 

anyone else experience this?

Yes I have read other post(s) recently where people were stuck in same spot as you.  IDK a solution as have not seen one and I have not personally experienced this.  You could contact the OCEAN team.  AskOceanMedallion@Carnival.com.

13 hours ago, caribill said:

Prior to Covid the purpose of the suggested check-in times was to help even out the flow of passengers through the terminal, aiming for shorter lines and thus quicker processing times for those on line.

With the pandemic, the arrival times have the of keeping the number of people at the terminal to a minimum to help prevent the spread of the virus.

Both pre-pandemic and pandemic the assigned/selected check-in times have all the problems associated with flight arrival times and hotel check-out times possibly being hours earlier than allowed arrival time at the terminal.

Yes, I realize that.  And a small number probably referenced that old guideline.  Some just come later as they prefer to miss the crowd and just stroll on without delay.  Others are eager to board ASAP.  Many do show up as you suggest due to hotel check-out or early flight arrival (we never come on sail day ourselves - especially in Winter - and these days with uncertain flights it would not be good idea).  So there was always lots of people ready when doors opened and certainly lots waiting in terminal after check-in.  But it worked and I think as I just said and you mentioned - people who arrived night before are ready to get going with check-outs and so forth.  Something arbitrary such as deck location doesn't fit. And it isn't fair.  Of course, guests with priority could come anytime and be accommodated.  This is also the new situation per no less than Jan Swartz.

Booking an Arrival Group has merit in that each guest can select the time frame that best suits them in terms of travel situation and desire to board earlier or later.  Once Covid-19 protocols go away, they should be able to start earlier (they are already doing that last week and this week) and have more people in a group as they will be able to wait in the terminal as before.  So, it makes sense in theory, but I think there will still be a ton of people who will select earlier groups and it will basically mimic the pre-Covid situation.  That leads me to think the concept doesn't have a lot of value to anyone in a post-pandemic environment as the flow of guests will likely resemble what the situation was in 2019. 

For disembarking, it makes sense to organize time slots as they have the luggage organized that way and makes it easier to find and access.  But if you don't have any luggage to pick up in the terminal, it's really a crowd-management/crowd-flow process for CBP.  May as well sit and relax on the ship until you want to leave versus wait in a long line down in the terminal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Booking an Arrival Group has merit in that each guest can select the time frame that best suits them in terms of travel situation and desire to board earlier or later.

As long as they have a digital device that accepts the app and not one of many digital devices with operating systems that the app was not written to work on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

As long as they have a digital device that accepts the app and not one of many digital devices with operating systems that the app was not written to work on.

True, and many have not been helped at Princess call center.

It seems they went to narrow for device support in terms of age of devices.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

True, and many have not been helped at Princess call center.

I just received a call from Princess Customer Service in response to an E-mail that I had sent about concerns for entering in information by those who do not have acceptable app digital devices .

I was told that if you call 1-800-Princess and ask for an Ocean Navigator the ON will assist in entering in information from passport numbers to credit card numbers and more. Obviously they cannot do the equivalent of an upload of your passport ID page or your personal photo.

They also cannot accept anything for you such as the passage contract or any acknowledgement of receiving Covid information.

Theoretically they can help make your dining reservations and anything else the app lets you select.

I mentioned the long wait times that people have been experiencing, both to get hold of a Princess rep and then to get an ON. The response was basically sooner or later the wait times should almost disappear.

Of course I have read on this thread and on some other threads that an ON is not always able to help.

• Thanks 1