Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Hawaii Safe Travels has an app for that too.  I can't think of a single large business platform that only works with an app.  Seems a little counter productive.  

I retract that...You need an app to take advantage of McDonald's Deals or Panera Coffee Subscription.  Are they the same platform?

21 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I retract that...You need an app to take advantage of McDonald's Deals or Panera Coffee Subscription.  Are they the same platform?

Difference is that you can still walk up to the counter or drive up to the drive through at Mickey D's.  The local Dunkin Donuts was making all these orders which were put through their app and in the mean time, I was the only customer in the store and I had to stand there and watch while they made orders for people who weren't even there yet.  It took almost ten minutes after I placed my order at the counter to get my coffee.  Go figure. 😵

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

My wife is trying to update our phone numbers in the Medallion app as they were incorrect but although it allows her to change it she can't save it. Any ideas?

Join the club - this is a very inefficient app.  You may end up just calling and having changes made over the phone

21 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

My wife is trying to update our phone numbers in the Medallion app as they were incorrect but although it allows her to change it she can't save it. Any ideas?

You need to chose the +1 in the left hand scroll box. Should then allow Save.

11 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

You need to chose the +1 in the left hand scroll box. Should then allow Save.

Thanks. Tried adding +44 as our country code and it still didn't allow the save button to work, we had to add +44 also to our home phone and then the save button sprang to life. However after pushing the button it came up saying 'cannot be saved at this time, please try later' !!!!

6 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Thanks. Tried adding +44 as our country code and it still didn't allow the save button to work, we had to add +44 also to our home phone and then the save button sprang to life. However after pushing the button it came up saying 'cannot be saved at this time, please try later' !!!!

OK in this case it might be a slow response from the Server, so later might work.

37 minutes ago, memoak said:

Join the club - this is a very inefficient app.  You may end up just calling and having changes made over the phone

I would update it on princess.com. It should then filter into the app.

Sign in…

Account….

My profile…

You will see your contact information 

click on….edit 

change your phone number

20 hours ago, Tedferg said:

OK in this case it might be a slow response from the Server, so later might work.

This is a well known bug in the app (Android, at least).  I had the same issue 3 weeks ago before boarding Majestic for its second Alaska cruise.  There were other spots in the app where I could not edit anything and get it to save.  It has NOTHING to do with a slow server!

• Like 1

Curious situation I have now when trying to input to the checklist.  The screen locks up!  I have the latest version of the app and iOS for both the iPad and iPhone12.  I have written 3 times to the "ask" desk and no reply as yet.  Anyone else getting a locked screen?

On 8/14/2021 at 1:04 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

This is a well known bug in the app (Android, at least).  I had the same issue 3 weeks ago before boarding Majestic for its second Alaska cruise.  There were other spots in the app where I could not edit anything and get it to save.  It has NOTHING to do with a slow server!

While on the ship did you use the app on your phone or just use the medallion itself?  If you used the app did it work well on board?

2 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

While on the ship did you use the app on your phone or just use the medallion itself?  If you used the app did it work well on board?

Well, basically all we used the medallion for was to open the cabin door and get on/off the ship. I think we ordered drinks maybe twice while in the piazza; waiters had no trouble finding us in that scenario but when we were in Princess Live doing a trivia game a waiters came in looking for someone by my name who had ordered a water. I had not ordered anything so I just ignored him. We'll, as we were leaving after the trivia was over he stopped me. He had my picture on his tablet and had been trying to get my attention. No idea how this mystery order was placed!

There wasn't much that the app supplied that was helpful.  Once I figured out that you could still get to the "old" system (majestic.princess.com) we could easily see a usable schedule of events.  The way things are shown in the app are just useless. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 2:48 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well, basically all we used the medallion for was to open the cabin door and get on/off the ship. I think we ordered drinks maybe twice while in the piazza; waiters had no trouble finding us in that scenario but when we were in Princess Live doing a trivia game a waiters came in looking for someone by my name who had ordered a water. I had not ordered anything so I just ignored him. We'll, as we were leaving after the trivia was over he stopped me. He had my picture on his tablet and had been trying to get my attention. No idea how this mystery order was placed!

There wasn't much that the app supplied that was helpful.  Once I figured out that you could still get to the "old" system (majestic.princess.com) we could easily see a usable schedule of events.  The way things are shown in the app are just useless. 

Thank you for this feedback

2 hours ago, ED49404 said:

Does anyone know when the next schedule app update is going to be??

Thanks. 

A few weeks ago, someone mentioned August 31.  Ocean Navigator said that they are constantly updating app.  Who are you to believe?  (Hint:  Not Ocean Navigator).  I've noticed that the there haven't been as many complaints on CC regarding the app, recently.  Most of the comments have to do with when will "I" be able to get my arrival/boarding time.  I'm in that group.  Still no definitive word.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I've noticed that the there haven't been as many complaints on CC regarding the app, recently.   

I still have 2 problems.  One is that the Nov cruise app only shows either DH or myself depending on the log in I use.  So I am trying to keep his log in data with his picture on his phone and my phone has my picture and data.  At one time   we were both on the same App travelling together  but now we look like single travelers.. Second problem is a b2b in Dec -  same ship, different rooms on each segment and 2nd segment   our grandson will be  in our cabin.  The App has this coded as one cruise which wouldn't be a problem normally.  But the App has us in the same cabin for both segments and our grandson is on the app as if he was on both segments.

4 hours ago, ED49404 said:

Does anyone know when the next schedule app update is going to be??

Thanks. 

We customers have no awareness of a schedule.  Appears to have been whenever they have a number of fixes to push out.

There has not been a new release since July 24, so one may be coming between now and end of August.  The original thing about August was to have the data conversion/corruption issues fixed by end of the month.

• Thanks 1

The Medallion and what it might accomplish with the app was developed based on what Disney did at their theme parks. Initially at least, some of those involved with the Medallion and the associated software came from the Disney organization.

Introduced in 2014, Disney's MyMagic+ involved guests wearing data-collecting electronic wristbands, which doubled as credit cards. An app also allowed visitors to manage dining reservations and their free FastPass allotments.

MyMagic+ cost at least $1 billion to develop and introduce, in part because it required a lot of hardware, including the equipping of 28,000 hotel room doors with radio frequency readers.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I've noticed that the there haven't been as many complaints on CC regarding the app, recently. 

I think this is because people have stopped talking / stressing about the problems. I, like coo359a2still have those problems but am not spending hours on the phone. I believe the data will be fixed by the time our cruise occurs Feb 2022. But the problems have not gone away. I still expect that I will need to request our booking to be fixed manually, the problem is not with the App per se as with how data is stored.

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I think this is because people have stopped talking / stressing about the problems. I, like coo359a2still have those problems but am not spending hours on the phone. I believe the data will be fixed by the time our cruise occurs Feb 2022. But the problems have not gone away. I still expect that I will need to request our booking to be fixed manually, the problem is not with the App per se as with how data is stored.

I plan to wait until Sept before calling to have our b2b fixed.  If it doesn't work,  I will just fill out the App as if we are in the same cabin and my grandson is in our cabin for both cruises.  They can fix it when we check in.  We are not ones who have to be first on the ship to have lunch in the MDR or to get first dibs on the Sanctuary.  From what has been written on the Alaskan "Lives", they are currently closing off the hallways to the cabins until around 1pm.  Carnival or RCCL does it this way too - at least the times we have been on their ships.

20 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

I still have 2 problems.  One is that the Nov cruise app only shows either DH or myself depending on the log in I use.  So I am trying to keep his log in data with his picture on his phone and my phone has my picture and data.  At one time   we were both on the same App travelling together  but now we look like single travelers.. Second problem is a b2b in Dec -  same ship, different rooms on each segment and 2nd segment   our grandson will be  in our cabin.  The App has this coded as one cruise which wouldn't be a problem normally.  But the App has us in the same cabin for both segments and our grandson is on the app as if he was on both segments.

Your problem listed as number one is the same exact problem we are also having. At one time it showed both of us correctly and now it shows each of us independently. I am just waiting to see if in the future it fixes itself. I will say this app has been quite challenging for everyone it seems.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Your problem listed as number one is the same exact problem we are also having. At one time it showed both of us correctly and now it shows each of us independently. I am just waiting to see if in the future it fixes itself. I will say this app has been quite challenging for everyone it seems.

I'm glad to know that I'm not all alone with this problem.  I've just been using the App on each of our phones just as if we are single cruisers.  I'm hoping it corrects itself, but I gave up stressing over what the App does next.  I'm sure I will get on the ship eventually.

• Like 1

I had all my issues fixed a week ago, and was it working perfectly, for all three of my upcoming cruises. Now the app is back to not working.  I have gone from no lane, to green, to blue, and moved to yellow all in the course of a week. LOL!  I have one month left until sailing.  Hope it is fixed by then.  Or I will have a fancy door unlocking piece of "jewelry", and an app on a phone that doesn't work. YMMV

• Like 1