Do you want to be on one of the first sailings out of the U.S?

Do you want to be on one of the first sailings out of the U.S?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to be on one of the first sailings out of the U.S?

• Yes I'm ready
    • Yes but only if no masks required
    • Not ready yet would rather wait and see how it goes
    • No not ready to sail at all yet
    • Not sure

I am ready.  I have something in August, a lift and shift from a year ago. Final payment is coming up in a few days for it so I feel a little better about making payment.  The fares for the summer are very high right now , maybe to capacity control the ships.

• Like 1

No way no how.  I want to hear from people who actually go on the cruises how things are handled. 

Do we have to wear masks anywhere?

What is the dining, theater, pool and bar situation like and are reservations required?

How are shore excursions handled? Ship only or can you take off on your own?

How often is testing done?

Are tracelets used?

The answers to the above questions will determine when we will cruise again.  

• Like 2

We are fully vaccinated and looking forward to cruising again. Although we miss cruising, we prefer to wait and see how the beginning cruises are handled. We still do not have any real information on requirements and the safety precautions that will be followed on the ship. Our next cruise is not until December, we will likely wait until that one and by then should have a better idea of what the cruising experience will be like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

How does this effect cruises leaving from Europe this summer? Barcelona and  Rome?

It doesn’t. European cruises are subject to what’s going on there and driven by the local governments.  Lots of those being cancelled already by various lines. Multi-country sailings appear to be difficult to get approved. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How does this effect cruises leaving from Europe this summer? Barcelona and  Rome?

The local government determines the rules. MSC have been sailing successfully for months since last August from Italy visiting only Italian ports. 
NCL are the first to announce their restart from Barcelona but that isn’t till Sept 5th with ports in Spain and Italy  

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

The same people who say they're ready and willing to cruise now will be the same people complaining about all the safety measures in place. Just be patient, cruises will be back. 

Lol you know my thinking? I've been ready. It's almost 3  months since I've been vaccinated. 

You for sure dont speak for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

It doesn’t. European cruises are subject to what’s going on there and driven by the local governments.  Lots of those being cancelled already by various lines. Multi-country sailings appear to be difficult to get approved. 

Our Lift and Shift is for September 23rd.  Don't want to go even if it sails with all the restrictions there will be on the ship and at every port. I know it won't be enjoyable for spending all that money and not getting the 100% product.

I'm still hoping they somehow allow those that don't want to sail to Lift and Shift to 2022 when we will be more comfortable taking this trip.

Hate to lose the price we got for an Owners Suite like we got. But it is what it is, we won't be on the ship in September either way.

I'm sure there will be many others that feel the same way with people who are making their first Europe cruise.