Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

What type of phone do you have?  My iPhone shows blue lane and only a check mark for Medallion even though the items within each item are green.  This is for an August 8th cruise.

I’m primarily using an iPad but also an iPhone (both with latest iOS) with the latest MC app.

At the webinar they stated they’re working on creating simple easy to follow tutorials & webinars…looking forward to seeing them soon. By trial & error have been able to accomplish most of the necessary requirements but a tutorial/webinar would be much better for everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

I do not think he answered specifically, but the slide he presented shows you can make reservations for others, including those you meet on board.   If you access the webinar it is shown around 55:30 mark.

Did the link get posted for the webinar? I didn't see it? Or is it not public?

I did see in the Medallion app that I could add my traveling companions and I did that. I clicked on the Dining, but it just flips back...maybe not until after June 7th?

I logged onto my Princess account and I now see this....people who don't have smart phones are gonna be pretty annoyed that you can't do this online on a p.c......

image.thumb.png.8840e4afdddcdc886592f638510c8bfe.png

Edited by dreaminofcruisin

I just logged into Medallion to see what had changed and went to the Dine my Way and selected a time and date and it asked if I wanted to add Guests in the upper right hand corner.   You will need booking numbers to add them.   
One thing they did say today reservations needed to be done on a Smartphone, stateroom TV,  directory screen by elevators, or ask a crew member.   

57 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’m primarily using an iPad but also an iPhone (both with latest iOS) with the latest MC app.

At the webinar they stated they’re working on creating simple easy to follow tutorials & webinars…looking forward to seeing them soon. By trial & error have been able to accomplish most of the necessary requirements but a tutorial/webinar would be much better for everyone.

Thanks for the answer.  I am doing this on an iPhone 11 with the latest updates too.  All of the substeps are green so it's hard to figure out why I'm stuck.  From what I've heard on the call there will be more updates next Monday so I will wait until I call again.

• Like 1

I have a specialty dining as one of my perks.  The old way, you had to wait until onboard to book specialty dining perk without paying.

Will I be able to book specialty dining perk on the MedallionClass app in advance?

13 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Thanks....but ugh...I don't 'do' Facebook.... and it won't allow me to access it without an account.

☹️

I don’t have a FB account & can always view his informative webinars.

13 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have a specialty dining as one of my perks.  The old way, you had to wait until onboard to book specialty dining perk without paying.

Will I be able to book specialty dining perk on the MedallionClass app in advance?

Yes…you can book a complimentary specialty dinner in advance. 👍

9A2090E4-1CF4-44C3-B1D0-4DE670869103.png

36 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

I just logged into Medallion to see what had changed and went to the Dine my Way and selected a time and date and it asked if I wanted to add Guests in the upper right hand corner.   You will need booking numbers to add them.   
One thing they did say today reservations needed to be done on a Smartphone, stateroom TV,  directory screen by elevators, or ask a crew member.   

Thanks…I made dining reservations for our Fall 2021 cruise however not yet for Spring 2022 & Fall 2022. We booked the same time for each evening but we couldn’t select which dining room & were assigned to Concerto. It apparently remembered our table for two request which we received. I’ll occasionally check for our 2022 cruises to see when they’re available.

There’s also a View Menu option for each day which would be a good option closer to sailing or onboard to decide about when to pay for specialty dining.

Looking forward to viewing their easy to follow tutorials they are developing about using the MC app.

Edited by Astro Flyer

2 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I logged onto my Princess account and I now see this....people who don't have smart phones are gonna be pretty annoyed that you can't do this online on a p.c..

Exactly.  (Fortunately, not a problem for me).

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ll occasionally check for our 2022 cruises to see when they’re available.

They should be available Jun 7/8 if you are Platinum or Elite.  Failing that, if you booked a Suite or have Club Class, same date.  For future bookings, as soon as you apply a deposit and qualify under the preceding.  Otherwise, dining reservations are available once Final Payment is made. 

2 hours ago, kiwimum said:

4 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Just curious if anyone might have asked this question...

We are platinum and sailing with DD and family in a separate cabin and they are not platinum. (Our reservations are linked.) I am wondering if I will be able to book them along with us when it is available? Also, both cabins were already booked to traditional before this all started. It seems like that is what the 2nd bullet is indicating? 

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

This question came up during the webinar on the "side scroll" (questions asked by participants) but I did not hear it answered.  Did anyone catch an answer to this question???

3 hours ago, kiwimum said:

I do not think he answered specifically, but the slide he presented shows you can make reservations for others, including those you meet on board.   If you access the webinar it is shown around 55:30 mark.

2 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Did the link get posted for the webinar? I didn't see it? Or is it not public?

I did see in the Medallion app that I could add my traveling companions and I did that. I clicked on the Dining, but it just flips back...maybe not until after June 7th?

I logged onto my Princess account and I now see this....people who don't have smart phones are gonna be pretty annoyed that you can't do this online on a p.c......

I see a problem with the idea of booking dining for others.  We usually cruise with our best friends.  We both have to ask Princess to link our bookings for Early TD reservation of a 4-top and we each have to agree to Princess that we want to dine with one another. 

Yes, I realize you add a friend to your MedallionClass app by using their booking number, so obviously you are friends and exchange that, but will that be sufficient to allow dining bookings?  I am thinking at the very least, the other party will have to receive a message that a dining booking is pending and they must accept it before it is "real" in the system.  Did Princess IT build this in, or is there still a manual step?  Jun 7 will have at least a partial answer.  I have no faith this will work based on recent IT stumbles, but it might become a future enhancement.  I fully expect to be calling Princess or our TA to re-establish our dining requests.

Edited by Steelers36

7 minutes ago, phabric said:

I am able to get the MedallionClass on my IPad. When I try on my phone, it says my phone is not compatible.

Is it also an Apple product?  I am not an Apple person, but we used to own an older model iPad. 

It seems to me Princess IT develops on Apple platform and then moves to Android.  IDK for certain, but it seems that way.  Apologies to you, but there are more Android phone in use than Apple.  Sigh.

Maybe one day, they will get it working for all of us.

9 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Also, both cabins were already booked to traditional before this all started. It seems like that is what the 2nd bullet is indicating? 

Impression is that if you had already booked traditional, that is what you will have with no further action on your part.

10 hours ago, kiwimum said:

According to the Webinar today, the dining section will be open for bookings on June 7.  Elite, platinum, suites and Club class can book before final payment.   You will also be able to reserve speciality dining thru the app.   
Should be interesting.

Just 3 simple steps:

image.png.8a948b6acd6abada69500d3a5e573c0f.png

It seems that walk in anytime dining is basically gone. Most dining in the MDR's will require reservations. Those who make reservations early have more selections available.

We have cruises booked for 29 days b2b in 2022 and 40 days b2b in 2023. It's impossible now to know when and where we will want to dine each evening. Seems being elite we will be able to reserve starting next week. I guess we will just select some standard time for each of the of b2b voyages and then either show, not show. Dine My Way seems more like retro to traditional dining, than the flexible system being promoted. Sure you can change each day once on board. But how many slots will be available to change to. 

It would be nice if you could access the system on your desktop/laptop. For us working the phone is very hit or miss. We only have one bar signal where we live, sometimes no bars. At times we have stand by the back window just to get a signal.

Believe this adds more structure to the cruise mostly benefiting Princess. Structure is what we try to avoid during cruise days. 

22 minutes ago, skynight said:

Seems being elite we will be able to reserve starting next week. I guess we will just select some standard time for each of the of b2b voyages and then either show, not show.

yep, guess we need to book some 'placeholders' until on board and then see the activities for the night

what could possibly go wrong when the ships are back to full capacity, huh ?

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Impression is that if you had already booked traditional, that is what you will have with no further action on your part.

We have an upcoming Alaska cruise. We had requested 7:15 PM dining. The app had us booked every night twice at 7:00 PM in the Symphony Dining room. If I tried to book a different time for one night, the app gave me options in the Concerto Dining room. If I confirmed, sometimes it would tell me I am double booked, most times not. For example, I currently have the following reservations on Sept. 14:

Symphony Dining Room 5:20 PM

Concerto Dining Room 6:40 PM

Symphony Dining Room 7:00 PM

Each time I cancel a reservation, the app warns me I may not be able to make that reservation again. I can see why.

3 hours ago, skynight said:
3 hours ago, skynight said:

It would be nice if you could access the system on your desktop/laptop. For us working the phone is very hit or miss. We only have one bar signal where we live, sometimes no bars. At times we have stand by the back window just to get a signal.

You can download apps on laptops and desktops depending on how old they are and what operating system you’re running.  Also you do not need to use cell service to run the medallion class app if you have wifi enabled on your phone and are connected. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

You can download apps on laptops and desktops depending on how old they are and what operating system you’re running.  Also you do not need to use cell service to run the medallion class app if you have wifi enabled on your phone and are connected. 

Windows 10?

54 minutes ago, billco said:

We have an upcoming Alaska cruise. We had requested 7:15 PM dining. The app had us booked every night twice at 7:00 PM in the Symphony Dining room. If I tried to book a different time for one night, the app gave me options in the Concerto Dining room. If I confirmed, sometimes it would tell me I am double booked, most times not. For example, I currently have the following reservations on Sept. 14:

Symphony Dining Room 5:20 PM

Concerto Dining Room 6:40 PM

Each time I cancel a reservation, the app warns me I may not be able to make that reservation again. I can see why.

Had you originally requested traditional dining?