Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

12 minutes ago, skynight said:

Windows 10?

If it’s in the microsoft store.  The medallion app may not be in the store but I just wanted to clarify that you can access apps on pc’s. I just googled “can I access apps on my laptop” and got this.  But if not there you can use your phone without using cell service. 

Go to the Start button, and then from the apps list select Microsoft Store. Visit the Apps or Games tab in Microsoft Store. To see more of any category, select Show all at the end of the row. Select the app or game you'd like to download, and then select Get.
Edited by t&atravel
Sorry….you cannot access google play apps on windows 10

11 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

If it’s in the microsoft store.  The medallion app may not be in the store but I just wanted to clarify that you can access apps on pc’s. I just googled “can I access apps on my laptop” and got this.  But if not there you can use your phone without using cell service. 

Go to the Start button, and then from the apps list select Microsoft Store. Visit the Apps or Games tab in Microsoft Store. To see more of any category, select Show all at the end of the row. Select the app or game you'd like to download, and then select Get.

I searched Princess Cruises Medallion App. Nothing showed. Don't believe it is available.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skynight said:

I searched Princess Cruises Medallion App. Nothing showed. Don't believe it is available.

bummer - would be much easier, at least for me, to be able to sit at my desk and enter all the necessary information, then go to my wife's iphone 11 to upload whatever else my be required - or better yet, scan any documents and upload that file to the app

windows 10 desktop

If you really, really want (need) it on a desktop or laptop I read you can install an android emulator on your PC. (Google it).  I don’t know much about this though it’s just something I saw when researching.

I have been on MedallionClass. My cruise is not until May 2022.

I can see where you can add your credit card information, address, profile, travel companions.

Much easier on my Personalize.

Where do you add your passport information?

2 hours ago, t&atravel said:

You can download apps on laptops and desktops depending on how old they are and what operating system you’re running.  Also you do not need to use cell service to run the medallion class app if you have wifi enabled on your phone and are connected. 

Based on the content of other threads, the App is not working correctly on the latest Android and iPhone systems.

What are the chances it would ever work on a Windows based operating system even if through much effort it could actually be downloaded?

4 hours ago, billco said:

We have an upcoming Alaska cruise. We had requested 7:15 PM dining. The app had us booked every night twice at 7:00 PM in the Symphony Dining room. If I tried to book a different time for one night, the app gave me options in the Concerto Dining room. If I confirmed, sometimes it would tell me I am double booked, most times not. For example, I currently have the following reservations on Sept. 14:

Symphony Dining Room 5:20 PM

Concerto Dining Room 6:40 PM

Symphony Dining Room 7:00 PM

Each time I cancel a reservation, the app warns me I may not be able to make that reservation again. I can see why.

I had similar issues but eventually was able to get the same reservation time for each day which was our preference. My only dining room option was Concerto when requesting the same time daily. That’s good for us because it’s midship & not aft like for the previous traditional dining room where vibrations were more likely.

Currently it only allows me to book our Fall 2021 cruise but not yet for any 2022 cruises. Princess said that the Dine My Way option will be active on 6/7/21 so hopefully some of these issues will be fixed by then. 🤞

Hopefully the View Menu function will work onboard…it’s a good way to decide when we’ll dine at a specialty restaurant or have another UBD.

Edited by Astro Flyer

14 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I had similar issues but eventually was able to get the same reservation time for each day which was our preference. My only dining room option was Concerto when requesting the same time daily. That’s good for us because it’s midship & not aft like for the previous traditional dining room where vibrations were more likely.

Currently it only allows me to book our Fall 2021 cruise but not yet for any 2022 cruises. Princess said that the Dine My Way option will be active on 6/7/21 so hopefully some of these issues will be fixed by then. 🤞

Hopefully the View Menu function will work onboard…it’s a good way to decide when we’ll dine at a specialty restaurant or have another UBD.

I think Princess has made great strides in the app and feel confident most issues will be worked out by the time of the cruise. i feel a working Medallion app will add a lot to our cruise enjoyment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phabric said:

I have been on MedallionClass. My cruise is not until May 2022.

I can see where you can add your credit card information, address, profile, travel companions.

Much easier on my Personalize.

Where do you add your passport information?

I add/edit my passport information under Account/Contact Information in my Profile on the easy to use My Princess Personalizer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, billco said:

I think Princess has made great strides in the app and feel confident most issues will be worked out by the time of the cruise. i feel a working Medallion app will add a lot to our cruise enjoyment.

I agree that they’re making great strides during the pause & when functioning as envisioned it will enhance the Princess cruise experience. 👍

Our most recent MC boarding experience in Civitavecchia on the Sky in November 2019 was very quick. Staff had handheld devices to quickly scan the OM for an efficient boarding process.

5 hours ago, billco said:

We have an upcoming Alaska cruise. We had requested 7:15 PM dining. The app had us booked every night twice at 7:00 PM in the Symphony Dining room. If I tried to book a different time for one night, the app gave me options in the Concerto Dining room. If I confirmed, sometimes it would tell me I am double booked, most times not. For example, I currently have the following reservations on Sept. 14:

Each time I cancel a reservation, the app warns me I may not be able to make that reservation again. I can see why.

My cruises is paid in full for May/June 2022..  I can book same time each day, add companions.  

They have put us in Sabatini which is a paid specialty dining room.  We would have main dining room menu and specialty diners would Sabatini menu. Does that sound correct?

Where do you see confirmation?

11 minutes ago, phabric said:

My cruises is paid in full for May/June 2022..  I can book same time each day, add companions.  

They have put us in Sabatini which is a paid specialty dining room.  We would have main dining room menu and specialty diners would Sabatini menu. Does that sound correct?

Where do you see confirmation?

Each time I make/edit a reservation the app asks me to confirm at the bottom of the page. Then I go back to view/edit reservations to verify.

54 minutes ago, phabric said:

I think that’s a glitch in their system…don’t think they’d assign dining room passengers in a paid specialty restaurant. My only dining room option was Concerto when making a nightly reservation at the same time.

There have been some booking offers for free specialty dinners so they’ll probably be quite full with passengers who get it for free & those paying for it.

Hopefully by Monday’s scheduled Dine My Way implementation date glitches will be fixed or soon thereafter. 🤞

6 hours ago, billco said:

You must have quite the appetite!!!  🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I had similar issues but eventually was able to get the same reservation time for each day which was our preference.

Do you have to enter each day or once for the entire cruise. For example, we are booked on a 29 day b2b in 2022. Will we have to make 29 entries?

I think the concept of anytime dining is totally lost. We used to feel out busy DR times for each voyage. If we knew we could walk up a 5:30, we decided at 4:30 this was what we would do that evening. Now I think that option is gone. You would have to see if reservations were available around 5:30 and then make a decision. To me Dine My Way does not seem like a good enhancement. 

16 minutes ago, skynight said:

Do you have to enter each day or once for the entire cruise. For example, we are booked on a 29 day b2b in 2022. Will we have to make 29 entries?

I think the concept of anytime dining is totally lost. We used to feel out busy DR times for each voyage. If we knew we could walk up a 5:30, we decided at 4:30 this was what we would do that evening. Now I think that option is gone. You would have to see if reservations were available around 5:30 and then make a decision. To me Dine My Way does not seem like a good enhancement. 

Just wait till all those people who used to line up for anytime dining a  hour before it opened go to reserve times and find they are all taken. 

30 minutes ago, skynight said:

We didn’t need to select each day but as I recall could see each day but might be wrong…it was easy for me to do it. After selecting the “Reserve for the same time each day” option of Dine My Way we got these options:

• Select Period (Evening)
  • Travel Companions (my wife & me)
  • Evening Available Times (Concerto; 6:00; table for 2…could change time however not restaurant nor table size which we prefer)
  • Confirm your selection

After confirming our dining reservation we can view it by each day of the cruise by selecting the “View or book individual daily reservations” at the beginning of the Dine My Way section.

482B2FB8-BB71-4258-8116-D892D53611B6.jpeg

D4BD61F0-E874-4A70-8A18-AD481EAF31A3.jpeg

3CB5DB21-AEC8-4AC9-986F-18EBCE22526B.jpeg

EA653917-6651-44D1-920D-B7253DE7BE03.jpeg

34D7B4E6-06C8-4451-8B90-827F3B48472C.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

4 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

If we want to reserve dining times but also like to share a table with unknown people can we do that ? 

I couldn’t change our table for 2 choice which might have been a glitch in their system. We prefer that table size but if the option to select a table size is available later then you might be about to request other sizes.

Our experience might be by design if they’re basing the table size on who is eating together as a group but only their system knows for sure. Don’t know if they want to allow unknown people dining together during the pandemic.

3 hours ago, billco said:

I add/edit my passport information under Account/Contact Information in my Profile on the easy to use My Princess Personalizer.

I have my passport information in my Profile.  On the MedallionClass App they ask for other information, you would think they would ask for the passport.

On 5/6/2021 at 5:11 PM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I had an email all about it and then went to the website to read more about it and found that they had updated some things:

At this link: https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/whats-included/ 

I was happy to read this:

image.png.507c00a57813dd0a4d23940774f505ce.png

Is this going to be like room service  -  if so then the drink package would not apply unless they are changing those rules also

All this reserving tables is beyond me. I'm on holiday, and take each day as it comes. 

If it is a nice evening, we'll have a couple of drinks, go back to the cabin to get ready, have a drink on the balcony,  and then saunter down to the MDR for dinner at whatever time it happens to be.

I don't want to play around with an app - I just want to turn up at the MDR and ask for a table - can I still do that ? 

• Thanks 1