Revamped Tier Levels Coming Soon

cruzsnooze

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

do not need to cruise on an alcohol-fueled country fair disguised as a cruise ship.

That description is the best I've seen to describe some ships/sailings. Hilariously accurate!    I will use that going forward to explain why I prefer some cruiselines over others.   Though these days not many people attend county/country fairs, so the description may be lost on some.  

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I like loyalty perks as much as anybody once I'm on board, but I'm in my 70s and after some 50 cruises on various lines, I book for the itinerary to places I haven't been before and for the price/best value.  I prefer ships with guest laundromats and a full wrap around promenade, and do not need to cruise on an alcohol-fueled country fair disguised as a cruise ship.

That being said, if I book a cruise on a line with which I have some loyalty status, I'll enjoy whatever I feel like taking advantage of once I'm on board, but the perks are not the deciding factor and I do not lose sleep over something over which I have no control. 

I also suspect that the cruise lines will eliminate costly (to them) niceties under the guise of the pandemic and many of those are gone forever.

Just remember, a bad day at sea is better than a good day at the office. 

I, like SargassoPirate, enjoy perks when available. But, we cruise because we enjoy the time away and quality time we get to spend together. We also look at the itinerary and the ship and make our selection that way. We do normally book on line we have loyalty to which happens to be Princess. Great value for the money and we enjoy the Cruise line. So, whatever the levels are they will be. Like them or not. We all have choices in life so make the best one for yourself.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, MTdreaming said:

so please tell me which cruise lines/ships have wrap around promenade decks and guest laundromats.. those are two things we love and are getting harder to find.  

I don't know of any comprehensive list as such, but it's usually the older and smaller ships that have wrap around promenades and fewer still have guest laundromats.  I suspect it's because those two do not produce any, if at all,  revenue per square foot - but that's just my guess as I am cynical of anything new and improved. 

I have cruised with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean with some status with both.  Their perks for my status, the only perk I could use was past passenger.  All their other perks were no use to me.

With Princess, I use all their perks for Elite.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MTdreaming said:

so please tell me which cruise lines/ships have wrap around promenade decks and guest laundromats.. those are two things we love and are getting harder to find.  

A good place to start looking would be any ship that is or has served under Princess for the laundry. If you don't mind stairs, then Grand Class ships have wrap around Promenade decks. Wiki Grand Class Ships for sub-classes and list of ships. If laundry is the priority, then the R-Class ships have them, but no wrap around deck. Azamara and Oceania owns them all now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MTdreaming said:

Pretty much any Grand class ship (my favorites)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Suite Breakfast is a very different menu.  Plus, if the head waiter is nice, you can ask for additions like cowboy steak when they offer it in the MDR, avocado/crab omelet, salsa...etc.  Yes, you do get the mimosas, but other cafe coffee drinks.  Breakfast almost anyway you want it.  In addition, it is less noisy and the service is outstanding.

Our favorite is the Salmon Eggs Benedict!!!

3 hours ago, MTdreaming said:

You may have to post this on each company's forum.  As for Princess, all ships have laundry rooms.  No Royal Class ship have wrap around balconies.   In order to have both, you will need to book a cruise on:  Crown, Ruby, Emerald, Caribbean, Grand, Sapphire, Diamond, Island, and/or Coral Princesses.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phabric said:

I have cruised with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean with some status with both.  Their perks for my status, the only perk I could use was past passenger.  All their other perks were no use to me.

With Princess, I use all their perks for Elite.

So on RCL happy hour you don't ask and receive your 3 free drinks be it cans of soda, bottled water, Perrier or anything else? I always go to the pool deck bar and get 3 diet cokes and it's a daily perk. I absolutely love the reserved seating at shows including the ice show and appreciate not having to wait in a long time to be turned away because they are filled. RCL has better perks but I switched to Princess for all my west coast sailing because RCL pulled out of Los Angeles. Now that they are coming back I will defiantly divide my cruises between the 2 lines. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You may have to post this on each company's forum.  As for Princess, all ships have laundry rooms.  No Royal Class ship have wrap around balconies.   In order to have both, you will need to book a cruise on:  Crown, Ruby, Emerald, Caribbean, Grand, Sapphire, Diamond, Island, and/or Coral Princesses.  

Island does not go all the way round aft.  You need to go indoors and cross the aft elevator lobby and re-exit on the other side.  Not a deal-breaker for me, but not a full wrap-around.

6 hours ago, MTdreaming said:

Princess is the only "mainstream" line with self serve launderettes on all ships, but not all Princess ships have a full wraparound promenade deck.

Viking has self-serve launderettes and full wraparound promenade decks on all Ocean ships.  Same with Cunard and Crystal Ocean.

Carnival has self-serve launderettes on some older ships, but those ships do not have full wraparound promenade decks.  The newer ships with the full wraparound promenade deck only have ironing rooms.

Other lines with launderettes include Oceana, Azamara and Regent, but their ships do not have full wrap around promenade decks.

Holland America has full wraparound promenade decks on all ships but no self serve launderettes, but they do offer unlimited laundry/pressing service for $7-9/day/cabin (depending on sailing region), which is not a bad value.  The service is fast and clothes come back looking great!

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Ombud said:

Maybe:

Bottle of wine

Flowers in stateroom on embarkation

Additional loyalty OBC tiers?

Reinstating internet minutes?

Excerpt from email just received from Princess 😡:

Your loyalty means the world to us. To show our thanks we've made sure your Elite member benefits reflect our latest offerings, including Dine My WaySMreservations and MedallionNet® Wi-Fi. We hope you enjoy these updates to your perks — because you deserve it.

What's new?

exclusive, early access to Dine My Way reservations (ability to make them before final payment!)

10% off shore excursions

10% off Lotus Spa® treatments

10% off Photo Gallery offerings

Discounts will be applied on board.

What's changing?

You’ll get a 50% discount on unlimited, premium Wi-Fi with MedallionNet. Enjoy the best Wi-Fi at sea (also included with PrincessPlus) instead of limited, free internet minutes. (No need to worry about logging on or off anymore!)

You'll notice a lot less paper. We're moving to electronic invites and announcements as part of our health protocols and commitment to protecting the environment.

We'll no longer offer onboard credit based on the number of cruises taken.

What hasn't changed is our commitment to earning your loyalty.

Edited by kb4683

3 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

Your loyalty means the world to us. To show our thanks we've made sure your Elite member benefits reflect our latest offerings, including Dine My WaySMreservations and MedallionNet® Wi-Fi. We hope you enjoy these updates to your perks — because you deserve it.

What's new?

exclusive, early access to Dine My Way reservations (ability to make them before final payment!)

10% off shore excursions

What's changing?

You’ll get a 50% discount on unlimited, premium Wi-Fi with MedallionNet. Enjoy the best Wi-Fi at sea (also included with PrincessPlus) instead of limited, free internet minutes. (No need to worry about logging on or off anymore!)

You'll notice a lot less paper. We're moving to electronic invites and announcements as part of our health protocols and commitment to protecting the environment.

We'll no longer offer onboard credit based on the number of cruises taken. What hasn't changed is our commitment to earning your loyalty.

Just received the same email. Very disappointing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

What's new?

10% off shore excursions

What's changing?

Yes, several  of us just got this email 

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

I got it as well, but I still can't log into my account because it tries to make me register.  3 months now it's been that way and no idea when it will be fixed.

I also hate that their "deals" all have to include the alcohol package.  We don't drink, and would like an option there.  Also, having 80% of your passengers drinking all day and night isn't fun for some of us.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

Mine doesn't show that part you've posted in red.  Is that b/c I haven't gotten to the level where they gave OBC?  🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

What's new?

10% off shore excursions

What's changing?

That sucks! I don't see the red part on the email or in the screen. Where is it?

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

I haven't seen the email yet about losing the loyalty OBC but losing that is more impactful to me than the loss of the internet minutes 😞

I was working my way to that OBC.  I have 3 cruises booked with them, with the one in Jan pushing to that OBC point.   😞   oh well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Mine doesn't show that part you've posted in red.  Is that b/c I haven't gotten to the level where they gave OBC?  🤷‍♀️

That would be my best guess.  🤔

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

That sucks! I don't see the red part on the email or in the screen. Where is it?

It was a separate paragraph in my email.  I just did the red highlight after copying and pasting into my post.

8 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

21+ cruises started the additional OBC.  Top level was 50+ received $100 per cabin (not per person).

• Like 1