Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

23 hours ago, BabySarge said:

"All this and more right from your phone with the app at any time"

and therein lies part of the problem for me - I don't want to carry my phone with me everywhere I go when I am on the ship. 

Don't worry.  This thread has more than 1800 posts, and it is the third thread of issues here.

People aren't posting because everything works from their phones at any time...

• Like 1

Since Medallion replaces key card, is it possible to get a second abbreviated version to open the cabin door for another member of the traveling party?  For example, are parents able to request access to the “kid” cabin?  Or what are the options?

3 hours ago, logan25 said:

Since Medallion replaces key card, is it possible to get a second abbreviated version to open the cabin door for another member of the traveling party?  For example, are parents able to request access to the “kid” cabin?  Or what are the options?

I've heard that you can request an actual keycard, so maybe that would work for what you need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brokerbabe said:

We’re sailing on Emerald on 2/12. Is anyone able to get this app to work?  It keeps flicking on and off on my iPhone so I downloaded on my iPad and it doesn’t know who I am. All I wanted to do is make dining reservations.

try deleting the app on your phone wait an hour then reinstall.  You should be asked to sign in again.  Hopefully that will fix your issue

• Like 1

Ocean Medallion does not find my booked cruise by booking number, but gives me the option to log in using my name and date of birth.  Except there is no option for entering my date of birth other than to manually scroll backwards through monthly calendars from 2022 back to 1961 when I was born.  No thanks!  I'm done with this thing.  Thankfully I'm within driving distance of my port, so I'm showing up  with my passport, COVID info and the .pdf document confirming my booking, and they can either let me on or not.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, eyelash said:

Ocean Medallion does not find my booked cruise by booking number, but gives me the option to log in using my name and date of birth.  Except there is no option for entering my date of birth other than to manually scroll backwards through monthly calendars from 2022 back to 1961 when I was born.  No thanks!  I'm done with this thing.  Thankfully I'm within driving distance of my port, so I'm showing up  with my passport, COVID info and the .pdf document confirming my booking, and they can either let me on or not.  

It's not intuitively obvious but I found that,  if you click on the year at the top of the calendar, you can scroll by years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Don9992 said:

It's not intuitively obvious but I found that,  if you click on the year at the top of the calendar, you can scroll by years.

Thanks so much for this bit of info.  It's still 61 calendars, but I guess that's an improvement.

Don't know if the entering credit card and adding spouse still an issue for anyone but it has been for us.

Initially I was able to add my husband to my credit card. Then he disappeared. The add authorized user doesn't light up.

By accident I just got it to work. I kept removing my credit card and adding it back in and no luck. Then I found a flaw in the program. I hit delete credit card. Authorized user , clicked on my husband's name,save button lit up and I saved. I didn't actually delete my credit card after that. Now he is on the account. Whoever programmed  that is a total idiot but it worked and we are both back in the green lane .

I can't log in to the Medallion app to check in.  I've uninstalled it several times and reinstalled with no luck.  I keep getting a message that my information doesn't match the Princess website, so I checked my profile and everything is exactly the same!  I can't find a tab for a "live chat" on the website and I'm still on hold with Princess hoping someone can help me with us.  It's nuts!  I am so frustrated.

1 hour ago, flahagan said:

I can't log in to the Medallion app to check in.  I've uninstalled it several times and reinstalled with no luck.  I keep getting a message that my information doesn't match the Princess website, so I checked my profile and everything is exactly the same!  I can't find a tab for a "live chat" on the website and I'm still on hold with Princess hoping someone can help me with us.  It's nuts!  I am so frustrated.

The chat button is on the home page, look at the bottom of your screen..

highlighted blue chat button.

1 hour ago, flahagan said:

Have you tried signing in with your booking no instead of the login and password?

Are you Using the same login and password as you do on the Princess website?

Are you up to date on your cell phone 

updates?  If you need to update…

do that, uninstall and reinstall.

Sorry you’re having such a problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Don't know if the entering credit card and adding spouse still an issue for anyone but it has been for us.

Initially I was able to add my husband to my credit card. Then he disappeared. The add authorized user doesn't light up.

By accident I just got it to work. I kept removing my credit card and adding it back in and no luck. Then I found a flaw in the program. I hit delete credit card. Authorized user , clicked on my husband's name,save button lit up and I saved. I didn't actually delete my credit card after that. Now he is on the account. Whoever programmed  that is a total idiot but it worked and we are both back in the green lane .

We've got a card in the system / app that is no longer valid ... I got a replacement card today with a new number, expiration date, etc.

currently full green lane ( with not valid cc ) 

1) when does Princess run a temp charge to validate the current card on file ?

2) should I try to update the card on file and risk screwing up our green lane status ?

3) wait until boarding and present new, valid card ?

4) just let it ride ?????????????  ( nah )

26 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

The chat button is on the home page, look at the bottom of your screen..

highlighted blue chat button.

21 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

My Windows 10 doesn't display the chat option on the home screen either.

I had the same problem 2 days ago.   I was using Firefox and there was no Chat button so I did a search and found a couple of recent threads about that issue. I then tried Chrome and the Chat button was right were it should be.  It worked fine and I was connected with a Customer Service rep within 5 minutes or less.  After almost 2 hours of chatting it was evident that 1) yes I have a problem and 2) they can't fix it 3) maybe they will fix it between now and the July 2nd  and 4) if they don't fix it just show up on board and they'll do it in person.  Two hours I'll never get back and 2 hours of steadily rising blood pressure.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

My Windows 10 doesn't display the chat option on the home screen either.

Yes, I’m on an iphone.  Not on my pc.

Poster is on the App, I assume since they are trying to login to the App.

Edited by PacnGoNow
Updated

25 minutes ago, voljeep said:

We've got a card in the system / app that is no longer valid ... I got a replacement card today with a new number, expiration date, etc.

2) should I try to update the card on file and risk screwing up our green lane status ?

Last sailing, I set up the booking for dear SIL and used my CC to set up the account folio.  Once onboard, she went to CSDesk and switched to her CC - Easy peasy

6 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Last sailing, I set up the booking for dear SIL and used my CC to set up the account folio.  Once onboard, she went to CSDesk and switched to her CC - Easy peasy

thanks - but right now we have a card on file that is not valid ... 

We're in UK and have been  having trouble with adding/saving/editing details on the App. Also after uninstalling and installing app several times, still wouldn't recognise one of us; even with booking number and e mail details.

So three  days ago,  I DM Princess on their Twitter feed and they replied same day,  indicating  that they were referring problem to Ocean Medallion Team. Today, new message saying that things sorted and hey presto, App is taking all it details and we are both in Green Lane.

Well done Princess UK in sorting within 48 hours.

45 minutes ago, voljeep said:

If it was my card, I would update my cc on the app.  In fact, I have deleted and added mine several times, the app just makes it disappear for my DH.  So,

I have to delete and add it back.  
If you don’t want to do that, then I would call PCL and have them update it or definitely on cruise day, I’d go to

the checkin at the port and give them the correct cc. 

You don’t say how soon you are traveling?

Edited by PacnGoNow

18 minutes ago, voljeep said:

thanks - but right now we have a card on file that is not valid ... 

You sail very soon so I'd not mess around with the card if you're still green lane and have a QR code.  You might want to take a screenshot of that.  If you run into a problem at the pier, then you could just present the new card.  I've run into this recently with one of my cards when the card changed numbers due to a fraudulent charge.  Utilities and other services started getting billings rejected.  I should have kept a list of who is using my cards for what so I could have notified them of the new numbers.   🤦‍♂️

• Thanks 1