On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

38 minutes ago, TYinPalmSprings said:

Good News!!! If you choose to get off, enjoy your day on the island.

It will be a bit chilly here in Florida when you return tomorrow, as there is a cold front heading this way., so you may want to keep that in mind when you are setting out your clothes for disembarkation tomorrow. 

It is 16°F here in RI right now. What is your idea of a little chilly?😊

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Who is that other lovely lady next to Laura?

Can this thread be dragged on after the Horizonites debark tomorrow?  It's a fun thread and I don't want to see it end!

That is Laura's cousin's MIL. She's a hoot. We were there for Laura's uncle's 80th birthday in 2018

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tomorrow morning here in Virginia, going to be 24 degrees and the snow will start at 7am and continue for the next 18 hours straight. Calling for 10 to 15 inches of light powdery snow.

Can't wait, love the snow so pretty on the mountains around us.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Tomorrow morning here in Virginia, going to be 24 degrees and the snow will start at 7am and continue for the next 18 hours straight. Calling for 10 to 15 inches of light powdery snow.

Snow is beautiful on mountains, not so much on my driveway.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

About 50 degrees north of that😉

People that don't live in nice weather don't understand, anything below 50 is freezing cold..lol. Everyone always wants to go to Tahoe/Reno in the snow around here and I'm like "have at it, no thanks". I don't enjoy cold. And snow? Fagetaboutit! It was great when I was a kid visiting the grandparents. When you get older and your bones/joints ache it's a different story. People make fun of "California cold" all the time but you get used to what you get used to. 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 4

Just now, cruisingguy007 said:

People that don't live in nice weather don't understand, anything below 50 is freezing cold..lol. Everyone always wants to go to Tahoe/Reno in the snow around here and I'm like "have at it, no thanks". I don't enjoy cold and snow? Forgetaboutit! It was great when I was a kid visiting the grandparents. When you get older and your bones/joints ache it's a different story. People make fun of "California cold" all the time but you get used to what you get used to. 

Perspective. 

I remember visiting San Diego from Missouri in January. I thought it was warm. My dad disagreed.

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You don't grow soybeans🤔

Yes and corn too but in OG format, not in bottle formats like corn whiskey and soya sauce.  Hard to plant a seed and have it come out in bottle form. 😉

Edit, if we could it would be a money make. 😁

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Its -4F and feels like -18F. Cold enough for me. 

Our Ring gave us a snow storm warning last night for Northern Arkansas.   We checked out the front yard and it was covered with snow.  We have years when it doesn't snow.

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is 16°F here in RI right now. What is your idea of a little chilly?😊

All relative to where you are from...like folks in Fairbanks would think your (our) RI temps are tropical. I grew up 10 minutes from Newport. My parents are buried there. I make a point of not visiting their graves or relatives in the area during the winter. LOL. When I first moved to Florida, a neighbor had a sign on his lawn that said "NO PARKING THIS SIDE DURING SNOW EMERGENCY".  It took me a few years before I realized it was a joke (he was from upstate NY) , especially after my first Christmas in Tampa when it snowed on Christmas day. I also lived in one of the warmest places in the country..Palm Springs for many years. We enjoyed our view of nearby mountain snows . The cold air in the country will dip, rarely, but it does, and even reach many islands. One cruise 2 years ago, it was so cold in Jamaica at this time of the year that  all water related shorex were canceled, and people either didn't get off the ship or wore coats.  The lady I was responding to on here lives by the port in Florida.

36 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I live probably several hours north of you, close to where 81 and 64 intersect. We’re expecting 6-10” and maybe up to 15”.  Also now saying some ice might mix in. Ugh. 

I love SW Va. I went to school in that area and also worked there for a few years. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, carolyn22 said:

I live probably several hours north of you, close to where 81 and 64 intersect. We’re expecting 6-10” and maybe up to 15”.  Also now saying some ice might mix in. Ugh. 

I love SW Va. I went to school in that area and also worked there for a few years. 

Yeah, you are  much closer to DC, we are just 7 miles from where 81 and 77 intersect. Love it here.., .. we are only suppose to get 1 hour of the mix, all the rest pure snow, bring it on the deeper the better, hoping for 15" plus. Should be a lot of fun plowing.

Thinking of after the snow is cleared up going up to Massanutten Resort for a few days.

• Like 2