The Daily for Friday 03/25/2022

richwmn

2 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

So many ups and downs here today.  It stinks that positive Covid tests are still with us.  Count me as one who re-reads books many times.  Right now I'm repeating the trilogy of Kristin: Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset, historical fiction about Norway in the Middle Ages, just in case we ever make it to Norway.  

Oh my goodness! Where did you find Kristin:Lavransdatter?? I read it years ago and wanted to read again some years ago, but couldn't find it. I think it was after visiting Isafjordur the first time and seeing all the "sons and datters" in the old cemetery there. 

Edited by tjcox9
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, tjcox9 said:

Oh my goodness! Where did you find Kristin:Lavransdatter?? I read it years ago and wanted to read again some years ago, but couldn't find it. I think it was after visiting Isafjordur the first time and seeing all the "sons and datters" in the old cemetery there. 

I first discovered Kristin in a library in Idaho.  Since then, I added the Kristin books, and Master of Hestviken, to my Barnes and Noble Nook library.  This is actually my third go-around for the Kristin books, and I'm moving on to the other series again, too.  I truly love Sigrid Undset's books.  They're beautiful.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kazu said:

@rafinmdIt was very sweet of you to include Marley on the Care list - sadly, you can now take him off as I had to send him over the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon.  Hopefully there truly is a heaven for dogs (they deserve it) and he and Miko are playing together one more time pain free. 💔 

Oh Jacqui, I am so, so saddened to hear this. And yes, Marley and Miko are playing together  again. There are no words to describe how much we all wish we could ease your pain. Just know that we are here.💔💔💔

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@sailingdutchy so sorry to hear that your cruise was cut short. Best wishes for a mild case and a speedy recovery.

My heart goes out to you @kazu Such a hard decision to make, but one made with love and caring for your boy. I know that he appreciates that you have let him be free from his pain.

@rafinmd that is wonderful news for you! 6 month checkup instead of now! Congratulations

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to the following members for your kind messages after Polly crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

@cat shepard, @summer slope@Cruising-along@aliaschief@dfish, @1ANGELCAT

@Vict0riann, @bennybear, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @puppycanducruise, @StLouisCruisers,

@marshhawk, @grapau27, @smitty34877, @kazu, @ger_77, @ottahand7, @JazzyV

and @Horizon chaser 1957.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Daily reports, we have been to Suva on the Volendam and Maasdam.

@ger_77 thanks for the update of your DH not needing a pacemaker.

@kazu so very sorry that you have had to make the final difficult decision for Marley,  such a huge loss for you but he will be re-united with Miko.  Sending  big hugs across the world to you.

@sailingdutchysorry that you have tested positive and will miss the second cruise.

@rafinmd Roy, that is good news, we are pleased that you have booked another cruise.

It;s a sunny autumn day, 19 C expected.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Oh no on Tony 😱 So sorry to hear this.  

If he calls you again, please tell him I will be thinking of him and hoping all will work out.  Truly hoping he is not ill 🙏🏻 

@rafinmdIt was very sweet of you to include Marley on the Care list - sadly, you can now take him off as I had to send him over the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon.  Hopefully there truly is a heaven for dogs (they deserve it) and he and Miko are playing together one more time pain free. 💔 

B50521A6-8383-4C95-8D14-F2535F158005.jpeg.99866764650fba8842a7c2532d17663b.jpeg

@kazu

Jacqui. - no words. Just hugs. ❤️

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Greetings from down under

Sorry to hear of the loss of very much loved furry family members for @kazu& @erewhon

Good thoughts to both of you ♥️

Great news for @rafinmd

Some more pics of Suva

That is the police band on the wharf in one photo. If you are lucky you might get the whole marching band.

image.png.4f05785b76263c51b73a9a0cde898aaf.pngimage.png.12218e0ea0e832bc7e315a6c9e2a0c59.png

image.png.ee4eecbeade48a1676b46917c2049fe3.pngimage.png.bc100a9c0caf468b64d715d2e490ab66.png

image.png.fb367e08ab02fc79acd6c7005780a185.png 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

33 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thank you to the following members for your kind messages after Polly crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

@cat shepard, @summer slope@Cruising-along@aliaschief@dfish, @1ANGELCAT

@Vict0riann, @bennybear, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @puppycanducruise, @StLouisCruisers,

@marshhawk, @grapau27, @smitty34877, @kazu, @ger_77, @ottahand7, @JazzyV

and @Horizon chaser 1957.  

Late here but sorry to learn about your Polly.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I wonder if one could hear the Boston Pops from the Cruiseport?

Quite a few years ago, the Boston Pops were playing a concert in the Tacoma Dome. The crowd acted more like it was a sporting event and started doing foot-thunder on the metal bleachers. You probably could have heard that from the Port of Tacoma. Other than that, it was a wonderful concert. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

Quite a few years ago, the Boston Pops were playing a concert in the Tacoma Dome. The crowd acted more like it was a sporting event and started doing foot-thunder on the metal bleachers. You probably could have heard that from the Port of Tacoma. Other than that, it was a wonderful concert. 

I'm hoping Cunard will run an excursion to the concert.

Roy

• Like 7

To @kazu and all who need comfort tonight, may I offer a Celtic prayer I've carried since a trip to Iona, Scotland: 

Deep peace of the running wave to you.

Deep peace of the flowing air to you.

Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.

Deep peace of the shining stars to you.

Deep peace of the gentle night to you.

And, may the moon and stars pour their healing light on you.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

After a foggy day, we arrived off Santa Catalina Island about 2 pm.  It took a while to get the ship in position to safely tender.  The tenders began taking people ashore by 3pm.  Luckily the fog lifted about then, and we had a beautiful sunny afternoon.  We were on shore not much after 3:30 and decided to rent a golf cart for a guick tour.

We were told we could cover all the highlights on the map if we didn't stop often or for long.  We didn't spend too much time on stops, but realized we couldn't make it all the way around in an hour.  We did see most of the highlights and made it back in the alotted time, so we got our deposit back.

While DH drove around the pedestrian area, I walked through the area near the water and met him on the other end.  This was our first time in Avalon, and we  found it interesting .  I seriously doubt we'll go back when we're here Monday.

Avalon is nice ,but not a place where we want to spend alot of time.

Lenda

• Like 7

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

To @kazu and all who need comfort tonight, may I offer a Celtic prayer I've carried since a trip to Iona, Scotland: 

Deep peace of the running wave to you.

Deep peace of the flowing air to you.

Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.

Deep peace of the shining stars to you.

Deep peace of the gentle night to you.

And, may the moon and stars pour their healing light on you.

That is so lovely Thank you!  

• Like 7