LIVE from Discovery Princess - March 27th, 2022 - 7 Day Mexican Riviera Inaugural Sailing

scottsdalelove

4 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Also billing screwed up. I am using my credit card with my husband as authorized. It won't allow me to see his charges because it has it as his credit card and me as user. I explained it is my card , not his. I have to go back with my card to prove  so they can change it.

The exact same thing happened to us on the Regal in February.  I thought it was odd that I could only see my charges and had to look at my hubby's phone to see his.  The final folios (that arrived over a week after the cruise) had the accounting all going to him, but my card was charged accurately.  This never happened before so it must be another new annoying "feature" of the Medallion app.

48 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The exact same thing happened to us on the Regal in February.  I thought it was odd that I could only see my charges and had to look at my hubby's phone to see his.  The final folios (that arrived over a week after the cruise) had the accounting all going to him, but my card was charged accurately.  This never happened before so it must be another new annoying "feature" of the Medallion app.

Thanks…we’re in the same situation but as long as it gets properly charged to my card I won’t attempt to “fix” it & potentially make it worse.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Several of us who have been posting are B2B on the next cruise & I have not yet received the in-transit procedure.

I hope it is fast and smooth.  Taking a bus over and back would sure be a pain.  I hope to hear what happens.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Simple fix.  Message crew chat.  This happens every cruise for us, but is easy fix

Edited by AnyMajorCruiseDude

4 hours ago, lljost said:

I have a question for those of you currently on board.  Did they provide the refillable jars of hand soap and body lotion? I usually bring my own but that will be two less things to pack if provided. Thank you in advance. Will be on board 4/17 and 4/24. Getting excited.

Same question from us, but what do they put in the full Club/Spa/full Suites?  I love watching Danny from Harr Travel do room and ship tours.  On the Enchanted they had L'occitane products in the suites, so wondering if that is what they put in Discovery too.  

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Happened to me last month. I made a reservation and used my credit card. Added my daughter to the room, still on my credit card. On board it decided she was the primary on the room account. Even though all was paid with my credit card!

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 3:49 AM, startedwithamouse said:

Wow.  Same happened to us. Reserved Skagway and our family was told no, we have you down for Ketchikan.  Brought up the app, and said Ketchikan.  However, I screenshot last week with Skagway, so they found our missing table. Ha. I guess they did that to others also. 

That happened on our recent Emerald Panama Canal March 13-23.  I did the screenshot also because it had disappeared about a week before boarding and reentered and wanted “proof”.  We took it to original MDR we wanted and the DRM  found us a table and it was great - just like before they did away with traditional seating.  He said they were trying to put the passengers requesting same table and time every night in the rear DR on 6 and leave midship for DMW.  Because they were not using the 3rd DR due to low capacity and also for crew dining due to Covid.

Perhaps it will improve somewhat with Covid restrictions starting to ease.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We asked Guest Services and they still do not know.  

So far nothing received in our cabin about in transit procedures.  I’d really like to know what the Covid test plans are so we can plan our day accordingly..

33 minutes ago, macusr said:

So far nothing received in our cabin about in transit procedures.  I’d really like to know what the Covid test plans are so we can plan our day accordingly..

We received a letter tonight.  Send a text to Crew Chat and ask because you need to present a transit card in LA that is attached.  Our letter says 3:40 in the Juneau dining room for testing tomorrow.  

12 hours ago, DiRonT said:

So, just to be clear - you all think the ENTIRE Dolphin deck is not being used unless for quarantine?  We are in D726 on 4/10 sailing and have not heard anything from Princess.  Had our TA check with Princess and they say we are still good for D726.  So you folks that were moved from Dolphin, how much notice did you get?

Got zero notice from Princess.  If I didn't check on my own, I never would have found out.  They originally moved us from our HC inside to a HC balcony for our first week and then they moved us to a regular inside for week two.  If I had not noticed, we would have been stuck between a rock and a hard place since my DW needs the bathroom space and cabin space for her scooter.   Luckily my TA was able to get us into a HC Oceanview on the Sun deck, which according to a YouTube video I saw from a sister ship looks really cool with multiple slanted large windows, which is much better than the traditional small window in an OV.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Nice to see that my photos aren’t the only ones being rotated on CC using MedallionNet. ☺️

The first one was from an Aussie cruise and it looks like this one is from across the pond in the UK. 😄

19 hours ago, macusr said:

Yes we have been so far also.

Food:

Gigi’s Pizzeria - Seems to have the same menu as Alfredo’s so why the name change was felt necessary no clue.  Most importantly they still have the veal pasta pockets which are so yummy.

Slice - On deck pizza good as always. Yesterday’s special was Mexican Chorizo - fantastic (especially if you go get extra cilantro from the buffet toppings where they serve chips & salsa) so don’t miss this flavor when offered.

MDR - We’ve had three dinners so far.  Not to be missed items: Rum infused pina colada soup, hazelnut soufflé, crab & Monterey Jack quiche, chocolate hazelnut bar, goat cheese soufflé, sea salt caramel pot de creme, and of course the fettuccine Alfredo.

Specialty - So far we’ve just done Salty Dog Gastropub ($18pp) you choose 2 savory and 1 sweet small plates, plus you each get the breadsticks with beer cheese dipping sauce.  Recommend the Ernesto burger, beef short rib poutine, and the lemon posset. 

Entertainment:

We’ve listened to the piano entertainer AJ Clarke a few times in Crooners and really like him.

We’ve heard vocalists Aileen & the Sticks a couple times including their great A Tribute to the Music of Ireland show in Princess Live.

So far we’ve only caught the Larry King Trio in Take Five Jazz.  
Only show we’ve seen in the Princess Theater was last night’s comedian Steve Caouette - he was great and he’s doing another show as a double bill with Jeff Allen on Sat night so we’ll have to catch that one.

Nice review. Thanks for posting. 

• Like 1