Anybody on Emerald post a menu from the International Cafe

BuckeyeMark

Am looking to see what the IC is still serving and what they are charging extra for these days... the IC is a hidden gem on Princess' ships that I enjoy a lot. Need a sneak preview of what I'll be enjoying on my next cruise please!

5 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Am looking to see what the IC is still serving and what they are charging extra for these days... the IC is a hidden gem on Princess' ships that I enjoy a lot. Need a sneak preview of what I'll be enjoying on my next cruise please!

Are you asking for the coffee and specialty coffee menu, because the food is free and they don't publish a menu (or at least they never did)?  Every item in the display case, is named.

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Are you asking for the coffee and specialty coffee menu, because the food is free and they don't publish a menu (or at least they never did)?  Every item in the display case, is named.

I thought there were some food items that they now make a charge for ....

32 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

I thought there were some food items that they now make a charge for ....

The don't mention any charges for the food on Princess.com (dining section).

But I have not been on a ship lately, so cannot speak with certainty.

Some of the Crown Class ships had the Gelato at the IC and that costs. 

We just disembarked from Royal Princess. While IC is still a "no charge" venue the selections were definitely not up to the standards of past cruises. I was disappointed with the selections. However, we somehow managed to "get by". 😜

• Like 2

Have never seen a charge for food from IC.

I”ll say to start with, I am a picky eater. On previous cruises if I have asked for something without sauce, mayo etc, it has been provided within minutes . Unfortunately on  Emerald this wasn’t the case. I could order something for the next day but had to give the time I would want to collect. Not very helpful on a port intensive cruise! 

They couldn’t even provide a plain bread roll without pre order.

Maybe I was lucky on previous cruises.

Edited by Reina del Mar

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

We just disembarked from Royal Princess. While IC is still a "no charge" venue the selections were definitely not up to the standards of past cruises. I was disappointed with the selections. However, we somehow managed to "get by". 😜

Please confirm IC still offer Tiramisu in those little glasses. They are my must have "grab & go"!

10 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Maybe I was lucky on previous cruises.

and when the luck runs out ... well, prolific cruisers on Princess view that as another thing gone, not that they were ( lucky ) before, but maybe, maybe ... feel 'entitled' to continue to receive those 'lucky benefits' because of their status.

maybe - but it's been posted often how the "extras" are no longer there.

and by no means is this directed at ANY individual posters/cruisers

and totally to the max, just my opinion

There is no menu. The selections change. We are currently on the Emerald, there is no gelato as in the past. We did see the chicken salad the other day as well as some good sandwiches. I also think the desserts are better than at the buffet.

I have to agree with Thrak... We have been underwhelmed but "are getting by". 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nini said:

There is no menu. The selections change. We are currently on the Emerald, there is no gelato as in the past. We did see the chicken salad the other day as well as some good sandwiches. I also think the desserts are better than at the buffet.

I have to agree with Thrak... We have been underwhelmed but "are getting by". 

Is there specialty coffee in the IC?  I know that's an extra charge but can you get a latte there?  Also, warm cookies there?

IC's specialty coffees include lattes.  It's like going to any coffee shop.  On the Grand in February, no warm cookies to be found.  IC was as described by OPs.  Food selections were few.

10 hours ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Is there specialty coffee in the IC?  I know that's an extra charge but can you get a latte there?  Also, warm cookies there?

There is a coffee bar next to it, but it is technically not part of the IC. For the first 5 days, we could walk up to the IC and ask for something, but we HAD TO FIND a table in and be seated to order from the coffee bar. That was very frustrating. We have NOT seen any warm cookies there. There are cookies in the Horizon Court but they are sadly of poor quality.

3 hours ago, nini said:

There is a coffee bar next to it, but it is technically not part of the IC. For the first 5 days, we could walk up to the IC and ask for something, but we HAD TO FIND a table in and be seated to order from the coffee bar. That was very frustrating. We have NOT seen any warm cookies there. There are cookies in the Horizon Court but they are sadly of poor quality.

Do you know if they still have to go coffees? I always get my first morning treat about 5:00 my latte to take with me for my first morning walk.

3 hours ago, nini said:

That's odd!  When was this and on which ship?  On our 2 cruises post-covid (Caribbean Princess in January and Enchanted Princess in March) that was not the procedure.  I don't think this would be an improvement!

Apparently, due to the TA and short British Isles cruise before ours (on the Emerald),  the Covid numbers were high and horrid! So, we had to mask up and could not walk up to a bar or counter to order, including Vines! Basically, Vines was closed until May 15th. We boarded on May 9th and on May 15th, they removed the "Bar/Counter Closed" signs and we could then walk to the bar/ counter. Staff told us that the Covid numbers were low, so closed signs were removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Do you know if they still have to go coffees? I always get my first morning treat about 5:00 my latte to take with me for my first morning walk.

Yes, Coffee in to-go cups.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 7:55 PM, BuckeyeMark said:

This is a menu from 2019, so prices are not the same most likely, but I didn’t see a current menu posted for you. So at least a pre- view of a Possible menu for your cruise.

AD51A880-98B6-40DE-98A2-AEA60C08C4F1.jpeg

1C00CCF8-3A53-4742-A085-2DB7938A07F6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

This is a menu from 2019, so prices are not the same most likely, but I didn’t see a current menu posted for you. So at least a pre- view of a Possible menu for your cruise.

AD51A880-98B6-40DE-98A2-AEA60C08C4F1.jpeg

Thank you so much!

• Like 1