Live from quarantine on Royal

Colorado Coasty

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I tested positive the day after I returned home from our cruise. I wore masks at all times unless I was outside or dining.  Maybe it would be better to dine outside or in your cabin but I’m not sure if that would help or not.  I do know this is making me rethink my cruise plans and probably will only leave from ports that I can drive to.  

I hope that anyone reading this that is Covid positive gets well soon.  

Did you get off the ship for excursions, at all? 
or fly to the port? 
I know it wouldn’t be fun if we all just ate in our cabins, didn’t get off the ship and spoke to no one. We might as well stay home.
 When we were sat at a 2 top, those tables were so close together, it made me anxious. The Princess theatre where we had to wait for the excursions was very crowded, as well. 

6 hours ago, pamps2801 said:

12 days later( at this point I tested negative and was fine) we did a 2nd Panama cruise( not princess) for 3 weeks. 95% weren't wearing masks, we were. The buffet area was serve yourself(not good). A week before the end, people were coughing all over the place. Not sure what it takes for these unmaskers to get it.You'd think they would stay in there rooms if they're coughing and such. But Nope.

Pre-Covid I almost always had a "cruise crud" cough after about 5 days on a cruise ship.

I would not assume everyone coughing has Covid.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

The FCC was non-refundable and appeared in his Captains Circle account the day he was released from quarantine and required no additional effort on his part. It had an expiration date of one year from the date of issuance. 

Was that the sail by date or only the book by date?

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Allowed to drive into USA.  Perhaps better if each drove themselves, but a private coach with everyone in same boat seems much the same as driving them around to how many ever Vancouver hotels.  

I would assume that each bus had a combination of those known to have Covid and traveling companions who had not tested positive for Covid.

Thus the multi-hour bus trip could be a spreading event to those who did not already have Covid.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Did you get off the ship for excursions, at all? 
or fly to the port? 
I know it wouldn’t be fun if we all just ate in our cabins, didn’t get off the ship and spoke to no one. We might as well stay home.
 When we were sat at a 2 top, those tables were so close together, it made me anxious. The Princess theatre where we had to wait for the excursions was very crowded, as well. 

I drove to the port. We were on a B2B cruise.  We left the ship once in San Francisco (the second week) and we walked to Pier 39 so I could go to the left handed store.

You can always sit at a table outside and order food using the medallion app if you don’t feel comfortable in the MDR.  It’s great how you can order food and drinks and they will deliver it to you wherever you are at.  If you go to the Crown Grill ask for a booth ahead of time so you are in your own little space.  

I can’t wait to cruise again and pray that I don’t get Covid again because that was rough.  

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, caribill said:

I would assume that each bus had a combination of those known to have Covid and traveling companions who had not tested positive for Covid.

Thus the multi-hour bus trip could be a spreading event to those who did not already have Covid.

What are the companions to do?  

10 hours ago, caribill said:

Pre-Covid I almost always had a "cruise crud" cough after about 5 days on a cruise ship.

Me, too. Every cruise (26+), I got the crud...except for our April cruise. Wore a mask all the time indoors, except when eating. I plan to continue wearing a mask on ships for the forseeable future.

I hate the crud.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, caribill said:

I would not assume everyone coughing has Covid.

Good point, I notice when I wear a mask sometimes I cough when I would not cough without it.   I seem to get a tickle in my throat wearing a mass which I only wear when required.

8 minutes ago, pris993 said:

Good point, I notice when I wear a mask sometimes I cough when I would not cough without it.   I seem to get a tickle in my throat wearing a mass which I only wear when required.

Perhaps you need to use a different mask. You may be sensitive to the material in the ones you are using.

2 minutes ago, broberts said:

Perhaps you need to use a different mask. You may be sensitive to the material in the ones you are using.

Could be.  I only wear medical masks, so don't know what other option I would have.    I am retired and don't need to wear a mask very often.  Will try a N95 when I board ship in December, since then will have to wear in the boarding process.  Thanks for suggestion.

2 hours ago, pris993 said:

Could be.  I only wear medical masks, so don't know what other option I would have.    I am retired and don't need to wear a mask very often.  Will try a N95 when I board ship in December, since then will have to wear in the boarding process.  Thanks for suggestion.

They could be personal choice well before December.  I guess we shall have to see how things progress.  That is over six months away.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, c-boy said:

ditto 

I don't know about others but it's the only way to indicate a following for any thread. Using the "Following" drop down option doesn't work for me. Neither does email.  

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I don't know about others but it's the only way to indicate a following for any thread. Using the "Following" drop down option doesn't work for me. Neither does email.  

i don't understand - why do you need to post that you are "following" a thread ?? - what am i missing?

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

i don't understand - why do you need to post that you are "following" a thread ?? - what am i missing?

How do you keep track of which posts you've responded to?

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

How do you keep track of which posts you've responded to?

I just look at the bell on the upper portion of the screen.  If there is a number by it then someone either liked or left a comment on one of my posts.   If there is nothing there then no body gave a rats ass what I said 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I think it’s a fantastic idea of Princess’s to transport Covid pax securely across the border back to the US. That would actually make me feel better about doing an Alaska cruise this season. It’s just safer to be in your own country while very sick, with access to your own medical care. 

• Like 3

The K95 Masks I wear have a warning on the package.  It states mask should be worn no more than five times before disposing.  So I wear a mask for about five days then switch to a new one.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pris993 said:

I find the most inconvenient thing about the N95 masks is that the elastic goes around you neck and head rather than on your ears.

• Like 4

May I ask?  What types of masks are folks wearing onboard?  Do you still see fabric masks as well as paper masks?  I know none are required right now onboard so thinking maybe people are back to using fabric?
Are there any places onboard where masks are required?

Edited by suzyed

5 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I think it’s a fantastic idea of Princess’s to transport Covid pax securely across the border back to the US. That would actually make me feel better about doing an Alaska cruise this season. It’s just safer to be in your own country while very sick, with access to your own medical care. 

Yeah, it's fantastic if you count unauthorized and unscheduled stops at the airport and at a gas station to buy water as secure.