Deal Alert - Grandeur

I know Grandeur isn't for everyone but there are some great prices on Grandeur this fall from Miami.

Inside guarantees starting from just over $200pp for a 5 night cruise in November.  Right around $500 solo with DP340 taxes in.  Great for those chasing points or looking for a really cheap getaway.

Thanks to @brilloheadwho is still struggling with her 12 step cruise-a-holic recovery program for finding this.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 9
  • Haha 7

For Fuel and Provisions for these cruises. I don't even know how the cruise line breaks even.

Guess maybe they are just showing potential  Buyers that the ship still floats.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

In my defense, I was trying to avoid flying around the US Thanksgiving weekend, so I ended up adding two cruises to the seven-in-a-row that I already had booked.  

I told @Ourusualbeach that we need to make a 12-step program for cruise addicts.  The meetings can be posted on the Cruise Compass as "Friends of Ken"!!!!

• Like 9
  • Haha 9

Inside guarantees were running around $229 for a 7 night on Voyager for October, but those went up to $299 now.  Of course taxes and fees are higher for those sailings from Boston than they are for the grandeur sailing from Miami.  Still not bad prices. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

For Fuel and Provisions for these cruises. I don't even know how the cruise line breaks even.

Guess maybe they are just showing potential  Buyers that the ship still floats.

Daily service charges being paid by a guest also help the bottom line.  The potential for on board spending is just that - a potential that may or may not be realized, but daily services charges are more assured.

Rates are low from Galveston before she moves too.  

Hoping for a quick one yet this fall but if we go it will be past final payment dates.  TBD. And yes my friends and family think I’m a cruise addict.  

Edited by cruiselvr04

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Inside guarantees were running around $229 for a 7 night on Voyager for October, but those went up to $299 now.  Of course taxes and fees are higher for those sailings from Boston than they are for the grandeur sailing from Miami.  Still not bad prices. 

Cruising after 9/11 Cruises were giveaways, no SOLO Supplement and were Cheapest. Booked one OV for $9ea plus $50 port, total $59 for 5 nite.  Since start of CV Royal has had some really cheap Cruises though over half my best priced were canceled. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedIguana said:

They need to keep one small ship in case Cuba opens back up for cruises from the US.

Why is this a thing? Is it passenger capacity or physical size of ship? The entrance to Havana Harbor has a tunnel instead of a bridge, so clearance wouldn't be an issue.

The 4 Radiance ships should all be fine regardless, as Scarlet Lady was originally going to cruise to Havana; at 110,000 tons, 909 feet, and 2,770 pax she's similar to the Radiance Class (slightly shorter but heavier, + more pax).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

In my defense, I was trying to avoid flying around the US Thanksgiving weekend, so I ended up adding two cruises to the seven-in-a-row that I already had booked.  

I told @Ourusualbeach that we need to make a 12-step program for cruise addicts.  The meetings can be posted on the Cruise Compass as "Friends of Ken"!!!!

Yay! I’m not the only weird one. Doing 9 in a row from late December to early March. Grandeur being 2 in January 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SummerBeee said:

Yay! I’m not the only weird one. Doing 9 in a row from late December to early March. Grandeur being 2 in January 

Wanna join as a charter member of "Friends of Ken"????  😉

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, robmtx said:

The 4 Radiance ships should all be fine regardless,

I don't know, but I think if that were the case, Royal wouldn't have put Empress back into Royal service. Given all the struggles they had with its reintroduction into their fleet, it seems like they would have avoided that if there was an alternative.

Edited by publicpersona

3 hours ago, publicpersona said:

I don't know, but I think if that were the case, Royal wouldn't have put Empress back into Royal service. Given all the struggles they had with its reintroduction into their fleet, it seems like they would have avoided that if there was an alternative.

That was 5yrs, thousands of new Berths and a long CV time ago, though do see Vision Class Ship IF  Royal was to deploy to Cuba. Possible but I don't see any Royal Ships going there in near future...

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

That was 5yrs, thousands of new Berths and a long CV time ago, though do see Vision Class Ship IF  Royal was to deploy to Cuba. Possible but I don't see any Royal Ships going there in near future...

Not understanding what you are saying. I wasn't talking about present day, and I don't see that happening soon either. I was just responding to the assertion that Radiance class would have been able to call on Cuba. I don't think that was the case.