Here's a scarey headline for CCL stockholders: Carnival Stock Could Fall to $0 in a Worst Case Scenario

cruising deacon

Just now, ebeluga said:

True to a certain degree.  There are only a finite number of new cruisers who would play that kind of game more than once.  It gets old pretty quickly.  Any successful business needs repeated customers, I would think...

She still says she got a bargain. And everyone in our group loved the cruise. I wouldn't have 5 future cruises if I wasn't willing to roll with the punches

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

Me .... I was at that 'every shirt for $5 table' buying 1. 

Let's see:

Elite = $5

2nd cruiser = over 5k

Who does CCL want to return to any ship anywhere in fleet more?

No question.  Carnival has been marketing to the blues (1st cruise) and reds (newbies) for years.  They don't care about those who are Platinum and Diamond.  The same theory obviously holds true with Princess.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

No question.  Carnival has been marketing to the blues (1st cruise) and reds (newbies) for years.  They don't care about those who are Platinum and Diamond.  The same theory obviously holds true with Princess.

The old saying :

"It's just business"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ebeluga said:

True to a certain degree.  There are only a finite number of new cruisers who would play that kind of game more than once.  It gets old pretty quickly.  Any successful business needs repeated customers, I would think...

The objective is to hook new cruisers and have them strive to become higher loyalty tier cruisers as highest tier cruisers migrate up to more expensive (ie: club class) bookings to keep that exclusive feeling 

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

The objective is to hook new cruisers and have them strive to become higher loyalty tier cruisers as highest tier cruisers migrate up to more expensive (ie: club class) bookings to keep that exclusive feeling 

We're high in Platinum, but we learned that we prefer the Deluxe Balcony to the more costly Minisuites on Royal Class ships.  I only hope that the new class of ships will have decent sized balconies.  I don't like needing to sit sideways on the balcony to enjoy the sea air.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

We're high in Platinum, but we learned that we prefer the Deluxe Balcony to the more costly Minisuites on Royal Class ships.  I only hope that the new class of ships will have decent sized balconies.  I don't like needing to sit sideways on the balcony to enjoy the sea air.

I have my favorite midship decks: Caribe on Grand class / E410-E425 on Royal class /don't like Crown Class but that would be midship on Caribe. Only took me 30 cruises to figure that out. I book early & mark no upgrade. actually got upgraded into those which is how I found them. E424/425 or E409/410 are better than a mini-suite 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

Ironically the cruisers with the highest loyalty may not be the most profitable.  While they are useful to fill ships, they also know the tricks about maximizing their value on the cruise.  

While some may migrate up, some may migrate down, There are a lot of Elite colored tags on inside rooms. Those new to cruising usually book ship excursions, buy a lot of the extras that one nolonger does on their 20th, 40th or 60th cruise.

15 hours ago, Ombud said:

Me .... I was at that 'every shirt for $5 table' buying 1. 

Let's see:

Elite = $5

2nd cruiser = over 5k

Who does CCL want to return to any ship anywhere in fleet more?

The Elite person, because Princess really, really wants to unload the $5 shirts.

• Haha 6

While checking my stocks just now, I came across this gem of a headline, "Carnival Stock Could Fall to $0 in a Worst Case Scenario"

Here's the story via two different news outlets:

https://www.marketwatch.com/articles/carnival-cruise-stock-price-target-cut-51656504056

https://www.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/carnival-plunges-as-morgan-stanley-says-another-demand-shock-could-send-shares-to-0-432SI-2842167

Thanks for sharing.  As a Carnival Corporation shareholder, I'm not too worried about it going to $0.  Any business can go bust with little or no notice.  Carnival's problems are well known; I think the analysts are just starting to wake up to how bad things were/are/will get.  Some of Carnival Corp's cruise lines are filling up their ships with paying passengers - albeit some of them aren't paying very much.  If they can fill the ships, they'll either figure out how to make enough $$$ to get by, or they'll attract a suitor who can handle their debt and collect the cash.  In either case, their value will be above zero.

10 minutes ago, TwoBadKnees said:

If you added up all the shares held by individual holders who have between 100 and 200 shares, would it amount to over 1% of the total shares ?

Interesting question that I don't know the answer to.  More interesting to me, IMHO, is how many ships have 1% or more of the passengers using their shareholder credit (which means they have at least 100 shares)?  My guess is "not very many", though I'm sure it varies from Seabourn down to Carnival itself.

CCL’s current CFO David Bernstein & soon to be CEO made this statement which does not apply to me. My list of necessities is long however taking a vacation is not near the top of that list.

"And remember, vacations are no longer a luxury, they're a necessity in today's world."

https://stocks.apple.com/Ai-L3bz2jRGKURrfPc63cmw

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

While checking my stocks just now, I came across this gem of a headline, "Carnival Stock Could Fall to $0 in a Worst Case Scenario"

I think trading would be halted, or the stock de-listed before it could actually get to zero.

Same result:  worthless.

I wonder if Mr. Padgett would be welcomed back to Disney?

I'm joking.  I'm sure Arnold Donald gave him enough money to leave Disney

that he never has to worry about working again.

Hopefully, some of the inducement wasn't options!

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Here's the story via two different news outlets:

https://www.marketwatch.com/articles/carnival-cruise-stock-price-target-cut-51656504056

https://www.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/carnival-plunges-as-morgan-stanley-says-another-demand-shock-could-send-shares-to-0-432SI-2842167

please post when it gets in the $1-2 range ... i'll throw a couple hundo into the pot ...

• Like 1