The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday July 3rd, 2022

richwmn

Good morning and prayers to all in need. Lazy day here — baseball at 1:00 and maybe takeout for dinner.  Church service was nice — patriot songs and Holy Communion.  Roy - your meal looks very tasty.  I do like the food on QM2.  

Stay safe everyone and be very careful if you are lighting fireworks.  🇺🇸🎆🎇

Katherine

Edited by Lady Hudson
  • Like 26

16 minutes ago, arzz said:

@Cruising-alongI wish you luck with the squirrel. Lucky you saw it enter. Some years ago when we were living in the townhouse we did not know about the chipmunk until we smelled it. Found it buried in an open box - a shallow box that he could have easily escaped but he was probably scared and just hid until it was too late. 

Thank you, we need all the luck we can get!  There are so many places for it to hide.  I may borrow my neighbor's cat.  The one that was with me is too old and laid-back to care! 

• Like 20
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Church service was nice — patriot songs and Holy Communion.

In the synagogue we sang one the closing hymns in Hebrew as a mashup with "This Land is Your Land" (my idea) instead of the very stolid German tune that is standard, and another to "America the Beautiful."

• Like 23

The last time we flew to Europe in 2019, we were on Delta with had a very tight connection in Atanta going from Terninal B to the international terninal.  We were lucky our plane was on time, and we had enough time to get to our gate.  We had the Delta app on our phones, so it was a relief when we got the message that our bags were also on board.

Before we left, we tried to change to the earlier flight to Atlanta.  Flight Ease said their guidelines said we had plenty of time -- 50-55 minutes.  Beacause of Flight Ease, Delta couldn't or wouldn't change our reservation.  

We learned it pays to check available flights and request the ones we want.

@Cruising-along  My parents had a squirrel build a nest in the dryer vent hose.  Talk about a fire hazard.  DH got it cleaned out before any damage was done.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 27

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

@dfishThe Navigator is notorious for having wrong info, we learned that on our last cruise! 

I do seem to remember that!   Good to know.

2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good Morning All,

Our bed never felt as comfortable as it did last night. After 3 different beds, and only 1 being comfortable, I slept like a log last night. The cabin we had at Grand Canyon had a duel, and it had no support and was floppy. I feared falling out much of the night. 

Thursday we drove the lovely road (89) to Cameron, and ended up in their dining room 3 times. It was a highlight. The jewelry display was out of this world, as was the Gallery. Having pre-decided I was not buying anymore jewelry (my 2 squash blossoms rarely “come out from the safe to play), I gave into temptation and got a sugilite set of earrings. And My DH fell for a “sculpture” of Apache dancers, which they were able to package up for travel. 😁
676060F9-8E73-45FF-9562-3A497F20BBE4.thumb.jpeg.56cc31e6ef93bc890d10bd5a855d42d8.jpeg

F52A7E43-01B1-4261-8B0E-DA03051913FC.thumb.jpeg.c21bd3543c6ba2a04e68046353b76ca5.jpeg

CAC5ECA7-10CF-43D7-BAAC-AAE4F034D0E6.thumb.jpeg.a751d06ea8aa3c52bca3ef9f3ecd5fb6.jpeg
Friday we poked around the canyon, and got into Kolb Studio ( which I believe was closed previously for Covid).

So today it laundry and clean up for us!

Have a great day everyone!

9B123B77-0E8C-4886-9A61-D29DC3D56C81.jpeg

106DE295-4EF7-4774-82C5-3B55A8F3C2A0.jpeg

C88CDCF2-3BFB-4B24-A70F-10CFD101D8D3.jpeg

21D1AA5F-892B-453D-A945-DDBD2D5C6F48.jpeg

Beautiful pictures!   The Grand Canyon pictures bring back some really great memories.  I hiked down the canyon and camped near the river.  We hiked out the next day.  It was rough, but we made it.  Needless to say, that was many years ago before bad back, bad hips, and bad knees.

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@dfish  IIRC, when we had an itinerary change this spring and the website and Navigator disagreed, the wbsite was correct.

I'm going with that, although I think I would prefer Molde to Ulvik.  Not much to do there.

1 hour ago, Rowsby said:

Gotta love a mystery cruise....😉

Yes, I'm just going to go where they take me.  Not like I have a choice in the matter.   

• Like 25
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone!  Thank you for the Fleet Report Rich. Thank you to everyone for sharing on the Daily. 

Back in the 70’s after we were married pork fried rice was on the menu a lot, cheap and easy. I used the little packet of seasoning by Kikkoman. Since then I’ve tried making it without the packet but it just doesn’t taste the same so I gave in and started using it again.  I always use more eggs and veggies than meat and I have to have peas, extra in fact. That’s what is nice about fried rice, you can make it the way you like. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor — safe travels to Hawaii. I hope you and Allen enjoy your trip. 

Bon Voyage to everyone cruising and traveling.  Seems like more and more have cruises and trips planned.  Someone told me that it’s called “revenge traveling”. 

Bruce @aliaschief— Your trip sounds like fun. I hope you and your family enjoy!

The drink sounds like something I would like. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 27

Good morning/afternoon, everyone.

Mirrors, scarecrows and disobedience...oh, my!   

We're getting ready for the 4th around here.  It's turned out burgers will be at our house, so there will be seven adults and three little ones here.  We'll have 4th of July staples:  burgers, potato salad, corn, watermelon, key lime pie. 

Interesting following along with everyone's travels, @dfish's mystery cruise, @Vict0riann's brave itinerary.  We're taking a chicken's trip in two weeks, a Carnival cruise to Mexico out of Los Angeles.  Haven't been on a Carnival ship in many years. Never say never. 

Lots of you are doing interesting things.  @Seasick Sailor, have a great time in Maui.  We've arranged to go over there in November to poke around and buy a timeshare.  We hope to end up with Nanea.  Another possibility is Hyatt, where friends are owners.  

Oh, speaking of brave,  @StLouisCruisers, has quarantine put you off of the Grand Africa?  Excursions are starting to appear.  Exciting!

Thinking of all of you on this very lovely Sunday.  Wishing a happy 4th of July to our friends in the U.S.  Prayers for all.

• Like 27

Good morning all. Thanks Rich and all who post. I was heading out to do some hedge trimming with the new trimmer that came yesterday when a big rain storm with lightning and thunder came. Guess I'll just stay in and work on the computer. Happy holidays Dailyite family. 

• Like 24

Good afternoon. Thankes for the Daily/Fleet report.

Interesting days. I've never built a scarecrow, won't compliment my mirror and not sure about disobedience. I like the quote.

I like pork or chicken fried rice, but don't eat it often. I'll pass on the drink and wine.

I haven't been to Miyako. Thanks for any pictures to come.

It's sunny here and mid-80's with lower humidity. I had a good night's sleep, and got to release my legs from the confining compression wraps this AM! My eye flare has resolved, so I could go outside in the sunshine without pain and water the neglected plants.

@grapau27 Thank you for today's sermon.

@dfish I hope you get the flight and luggage issues straightened out.

@Seasick Sailor @Cat in my lap Safe travels!

@ger_77 LOL on the questions from the 7 year old. It sounds like fun times at your house with the family.

@ottahand7 Stuff like the hot water tank going always seems to happen on/near a holiday!

@Vict0riann Good to hear you and your luggage made it to Gander after all the delays. I hope Pat can get his medication filled.

@Cruising-along It'll be fun to see how DS/DDIL's house is coming along. 

@mamaofami Good news that Sam is feeling well. 

@TiogaCruiser Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thankes for the Daily/Fleet report.

Interesting days. I've never built a scarecrow, won't compliment my mirror and not sure about disobedience. I like the quote.

I like pork or chicken fried rice, but don't eat it often. I'll pass on the drink and wine.

I haven't been to Miyako. Thanks for any pictures to come.

It's sunny here and mid-80's with lower humidity. I had a good night's sleep, and got to release my legs from the confining compression wraps this AM! My eye flare has resolved, so I could go outside in the sunshine without pain and water the neglected plants.

@grapau27 Thank you for today's sermon.

@dfish I hope you get the flight and luggage issues straightened out.

@Seasick Sailor @Cat in my lap Safe travels!

@ger_77 LOL on the questions from the 7 year old. It sounds like fun times at your house with the family.

@ottahand7 Stuff like the hot water tank going always seems to happen on/near a holiday!

@Vict0riann Good to hear you and your luggage made it to Gander after all the delays. I hope Pat can get his medication filled.

@Cruising-along It'll be fun to see how DS/DDIL's house is coming along. 

@mamaofami Good news that Sam is feeling well. 

@TiogaCruiser Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Thank you Vanessa.

You are very welcome.

We had a nice church service today and Father David always makes it enjoyable.

• Like 13

@TiogaCruiser I have thoroughly enjoyed your pictures of the Grand Canyon. The colors the rocks and soil take on during the day are incredible.

@AncientWanderer Of course it has been more than two years since DH and I cruised, but as adults besides doing the Maine Windjammer Cruises (cruise is a loose term) DH and I have cruised Carnival.  Three things I have learned.  Don't cruise in the summer when a ship is full of kids.  Don't take a 3 day cruise, and if you really need that cruise, and don't like crowds and tons of noise,  go to the top on the back to the water park area.  For some reason, a place that is made for kids was the quietest place on the ship.

Only 71 more days until I get back on a whale tail.  Kids are back in school, a 10 day cruise, geared for a flash back of cruises in the 70's.  I think most of the cruisers will be in their 70's.

Yesterday we went off to a new Publix, it was a half mile form the old one.  I think really have gotten used to our Krogers.  Where sliced watermelon was 1.29.  4 pieces.  The new Publix, 4 slices of watermelon?  $4.99.  A four dollar difference.  Two steaks were 30.00.  Now, with the job, neither of us have been really doing any shopping[, have prices gone up that much in two weeks?  Because we ended up just getting enough to make the quiche, ribs for tomorrow, and it was 80.00.  Wow!  Those squirrel dinners just might be a reality soon.

7275a2b8da66f64ec4474c68ea6865cd.jpg

Food-Prices-Up-A-Way-to-Lose-Weight-Cart

154e9fb39b4cd28b12fc70711b3a3583.gif

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Pat has to shut up about my forgetting my glasses when we left!  When we went to take our evening meds, he discovered he had brought an empty bottle of one of his BP drugs!  We will have to see if he can get a refill here.  

I do hope the pharmacists in Gander can work the magic they did 9/12/01.  You and Pat have nothing on me.  I just came back from Bar Harbor and did not remember to take a camera with me.

Roy

• Like 16
  • Haha 10

11 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@TiogaCruiser I have thoroughly enjoyed your pictures of the Grand Canyon. The colors the rocks and soil take on during the day are incredible.

@AncientWanderer Of course it has been more than two years since DH and I cruised, but as adults besides doing the Maine Windjammer Cruises (cruise is a loose term) DH and I have cruised Carnival.  Three things I have learned.  Don't cruise in the summer when a ship is full of kids.  Don't take a 3 day cruise, and if you really need that cruise, and don't like crowds and tons of noise,  go to the top on the back to the water park area.  For some reason, a place that is made for kids was the quietest place on the ship.

Only 71 more days until I get back on a whale tail.  Kids are back in school, a 10 day cruise, geared for a flash back of cruises in the 70's.  I think most of the cruisers will be in their 70's.

Ann, we did a few Carnival cruises back in the day, and you are absolutely right about the short "booze cruises."  The last one we did was one of those, that we just casually tacked onto another trip, and it was a disaster. 

This will be fun.  The ship is big and new, we're in a quieter area of the ship, and I recall Carnival's food being good.  Sun and swim and good food and drink...why not?

It'll get us out of Dodge.  DD's baby is due end of August, so can't go too far from home.  You asked what we've learned from Covid.  To be flexible!  😊

• Like 22

5 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Thank you for the dailies and hello to all from drizzling Seattle and on land 😢. Waiting at SeaTac to go home after 2 wonderful weeks cruising!!!

And we want to hear all about it!

• Like 21

11 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Thank you for the dailies and hello to all from drizzling Seattle and on land 😢. Waiting at SeaTac to go home after 2 wonderful weeks cruising!!!

I'm really pleased to hear you had a wonderful cruise.

Graham 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Oh, speaking of brave,  @StLouisCruisers, has quarantine put you off of the Grand Africa?  Excursions are starting to appear.  Exciting!

Thinking of all of you on this very lovely Sunday.  Wishing a happy 4th of July to our friends in the U.S.  Prayers for all.

Yes, I'm afraid DH is not a fan of the long cruises we have planned for next year.  Two Grand voyages.  It looks like there may be some changes coming up in those plans.  😢

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Yes, I'm afraid DH is not a fan of the long cruises we have planned for next year.  Two Grand voyages.  It looks like there may be some changes coming up in those plans.  😢

Well, it's understandable, Sandi.  I bet something else nice will come up.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Another lovely sunny day, felt warmer than the expected 12 C when I went for my walk.

Thanks for the Fleet/Daily reports.

Best wishes to all those on the Care list.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 14