Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

No stats in ABC article changed - 118 people, 114 crew and 4 passengers 

Passengers had to have a negative RAT test prior to disembarking in Eden. 

4 pax positive? Hard to accept that.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Just watched. Nothing sensationalised beyond a headline.

It was the same on 7 news at 4. 100 positives, 4 passengers only.

Edited by lyndarra
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SuitesRbest said:

What a crock of s#@!, why is this being reported like another disaster??

The way it was reported didn't sound like a beat-up. Sounded more like matter-of-fact to me. 

I've heard worse reports of Noro outbreaks.

• Like 1

Just now, Elorac123 said:

Now we are getting the “cruise from hell “on Channel 9 on the 6 o’clock 

😱😱😱😱😱😱

Grrrrrrr some if the comments on fb are unbelievably bad!!!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Because the media likes to beat up cruise ships. They still have this outdated attitude that cruising is only for the rich, instead of understanding it's one of the most affordable holidays, and where you don't have to do any chores. 

A bit of déjàvu there Julie.

image.jpeg.53d117026982a4a90318b6fd2a50d80d.jpeg

Perhaps the horse's mouth may be more accurate. Some passengers currently on the Coral Princess wrote this to the Press:

"I am dissapointed at the misinformation being circulated in the media. Passengers WERE advised prior to boarding that some crew had Covid and were isolated and were offered credits. Everyone is vaccinated, wear masks, and are required to wash hands regularly. I have not observed anyone coughing. I feel that my risk of getting Covid here is probably lower than my local shopping centre. We are enjoying the cruise, circumstances have necessitated some changes to the way things are organised on board but still an enjoyable and relaxing experience.
We are in Eden today and everyone going ashore must show a negative RAT which was given to us last night."
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, vozzie said:
Perhaps the horse's mouth may be more accurate. Some passengers currently on the Coral Princess wrote this to the Press:

"I am dissapointed at the misinformation being circulated in the media. Passengers WERE advised prior to boarding that some crew had Covid and were isolated and were offered credits. Everyone is vaccinated, wear masks, and are required to wash hands regularly. I have not observed anyone coughing. I feel that my risk of getting Covid here is probably lower than my local shopping centre. We are enjoying the cruise, circumstances have necessitated some changes to the way things are organised on board but still an enjoyable and relaxing experience.
We are in Eden today and everyone going ashore must show a negative RAT which was given to us last night."

They will try to blame the ship no matter what. The cruise is 2 days old, and pax were supposed to be tested negative the day of boarding, how many would be testing positive after only 40 hours aboard between tests if they are contracting it aboard.

I ask you.

2 minutes ago, pully8 said:

What happens to those who test positive? Are they kept on the ship until negative? 

Before the Coral Princess' first cruise, Princess announced that passengers who test positive will be quarantined on board, receive medical treatment free of charge and receive a pro rata refund of their cruise fare as a FCC. At the end of the cruise, if they have not completed their seven days' isolation, they will be transported to their home free of charge if it is within two hours' drive. If they live further away, they will complete their quarantine in a quarantine hotel, the cost paid by Princess.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They will try to blame the ship no matter what. The cruise is 2 days old, and pax were supposed to be tested negative the day of boarding, how many would be testing positive after only 40 hours aboard between tests if they are contracting it aboard.

I ask you.

I dont blame the+ship, blame the pax who lied re rats and walked on with covid, mostly queenslanders i reckon.

Standby for incoming from…🍍🍌

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, Elorac123 said:

Tim Collins on channel 10 news at 5 just referred to the Coral as “the Covid cruise ship”

I just gave Channel 10 a blast via a social media site

Your welcome to join me 

Cheers Carole

Channel 9 win TV Brisbane just did the same, very negative language. On A current affair as well.

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

Jim Wilson on 2GB has been referring to the coral princess possibly another ruby princess case. Even had a passenger sister called in and said over 140 people with Covid.

All a nightmare, i fear coral princess season here in Aust is in trouble.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I thought the medallion stopped Covid?

It is supposed to do everything, lol. Has the media called it a floating petri dish yet?

Edited by NSWP

With the outbreak reported to have 114 COVID cases among the crew and 4 passengers, it is likely some of the crew contracted the virus during the previous cruise. This doesn't mean that passengers lied when reporting their RAT test or that they were all Queenslanders. 😁

As has been reported, a RAT test doesn't show a negative result unless the person has a fairly viral load. It is possible, or even likely, that a few people could have boarded the previous cruise having contracted the virus very soon before their cruise (maybe even flying into Brisbane for their cruise). If they didn't feel any symptoms, they would have had no reason to report to the medical centre for another RAT test. It is also possible that one or more passengers contracted the virus while ashore during that cruise.

However the virus was contracted, going by the numbers of infections, it was passed between crew members.

It's likely there are more passengers with the virus, people who are either asymptomatic, or nearly so, and also some who don''t feel very sick and who selfishly don't report to the medical centre.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I dont blame the+ship, blame the pax who lied re rats and walked on with covid, mostly queenslanders i reckon.

Standby for incoming from…🍍🍌

You can't  necessarily say they lied, you can test negative in the morning & positive later in the day. 

• Like 1