Blenders allowed?

vicky3vicky

4 hours ago, ldubs said:

Ok, OK.  I have to ask.  Did someone really want to bring a BBQ?  

Yes, in a thread that got locked. They asked if they could bring a portable BBQ and use it on their balcony getting the raw meats to grill by permission from the buffet . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Yes, in a thread that got locked. They asked if they could bring a portable BBQ and use it on their balcony getting the raw meats to grill by permission from the buffet . 

Hope they didn't have an inside cabin!

2 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

My charging cables and power strip are household goods. A fan is a household good.

This gives Carnival flexibility- I have known people who have had their extension cords taken. I do not understand why I cannot bring a boy scout knife that is allow on an airplane or a small pair of scissors that we need to cut bandages to cover my child's diabetic pump. I also do not understand why some people are allow to carry-on huge suitcases and wagons that are on the prohibited list.  

3 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

The contract says, "household goods."

Funny. When I read that I visualized people being turned away for bringing pots,  pans, and cooking utensils on board.   It just seems a very strange choice of words for them to use. 

Edited by ldubs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

OP Vicky,  Was it your blender we saw being confiscated on the pier? 

I see in John Heald's facebook feed that someone is complaining mightily about not being able to bring a blender on board, so I'd say that's a pretty good guess.

• Like 3

On 7/14/2022 at 9:57 AM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

This is from the TSA:

Blender

Carry On Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
Checked Bags: Yes

Blenders are allowed in carry-on bags if the blade has been removed.

Any sharp objects in checked bags should be sheathed or securely wrapped to prevent injury to baggage handlers and inspectors.

TSA  rules and Carnival's are two very different things. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DramaQueen22 said:

TSA  rules and Carnival's are two very different things. 

I'm well aware of that.  If you would have read what I was responding to you would know that

On 7/14/2022 at 8:09 AM, ChosenOne said:

20+ years ago I used to bring a blender on the cruise with me.  Be prepared for your luggage to be searched at the airport because of the metal blades in the blender.  It's possibly more likely now after 911 that someone will question the blender when it passes through x-ray machine, either at the airport or the ship terminal.

On 7/14/2022 at 9:57 AM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

This is from the TSA:

Blender

Carry On Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
Checked Bags: Yes

Blenders are allowed in carry-on bags if the blade has been removed.

Any sharp objects in checked bags should be sheathed or securely wrapped to prevent injury to baggage handlers and inspectors.

Ummm. I DID read your post and you mention NOTHING about Carnival, only TSA.  

Edited by DramaQueen22
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 11:22 PM, vicky3vicky said:

I would like to bring a blender so I can make my smoothies in the morning. I couldn't find it on the prohibited list so should I bring it?

Are you the person that asked John Heald, Carnival Ambassador this question on his channel?

• Like 3

On 7/14/2022 at 3:10 AM, tallnthensome said:

Crazy to see people seriously asking about taking bbq's, kettles, blenders, etc onto a cruiseship. 

FYI….If your on a cruise in the UK or Europe it’s common to see a kettle in a stateroom as it’s their custom there & cruise ships commonly have one. 

Tom😀

42 minutes ago, trbarton said:

FYI….If your on a cruise in the UK or Europe it’s common to see a kettle in a stateroom as it’s their custom there & cruise ships commonly have one. 

Tom😀

Yes, and when ships for the UK and European markets are being ordered by cruise lines they include the higher costs to cover the specs for electrical outlets to power kettles safely. Cruise lines save money on their builds for the North American market because cabin kettles are not the custom. 

11 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Yes, and when ships for the UK and European markets are being ordered by cruise lines they include the higher costs to cover the specs for electrical outlets to power kettles safely. Cruise lines save money on their builds for the North American market because cabin kettles are not the custom. 

Not sure about all other lines, but Carnival (since this is a Carnival thread) usually uses the same ships for the North American markets, then a TA crossing in the spring, cruises Europe for the season, then another TA back to North America in the fall.  And they do it all without changing the electrical systems with each crossing.

10 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Not sure about all other lines, but Carnival (since this is a Carnival thread) usually uses the same ships for the North American markets, then a TA crossing in the spring, cruises Europe for the season, then another TA back to North America in the fall.  And they do it all without changing the electrical systems with each crossing.

Yes, but transatlantic crossings are not their stock in trade. Seasonal only and a short one at that. Other than Carnival Pride how many other ships of the fleet are cruising this summer in the Med and Northern Fjords? The Caribbean is their bread and butter.

Edited by sanmarcosman

53 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Costa, Aida and P&O UK are the European contingent in Carnival Corp.  That's why they only send one ship across the pond from CCL.  No need to compete against themselves.

and HAL.